AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-06, 01:36   Link #181
gopackgo

man im having a hard time reading Genshiken 2. I dont even know if i can call it genshiken anymore, it has strayed so far from what made genshiken great. The only thing that they ever do in 2 is talk about BL. It has nothing to do with being an otaku anymore. Also, why isnt this labeled shounen ai/ yaoi?
gopackgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 01:52   Link #182
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopackgo View Post
man im having a hard time reading Genshiken 2. I dont even know if i can call it genshiken anymore, it has strayed so far from what made genshiken great. The only thing that they ever do in 2 is talk about BL. It has nothing to do with being an otaku anymore. Also, why isnt this labeled shounen ai/ yaoi?
BL is pretty much an otaku thing as well. Fujoshis are part of the otaku culture, even if they are on a whole different spectrum.
Old 2012-09-06, 01:56   Link #183
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Correct, or rather to be specific fujoshis are a type of Otaku subculture, but they're STILL Otaku, which is what Genshiken is about.
Old 2012-09-25, 04:58   Link #184
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Ch.80.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-25, 05:01   Link #185
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 03:31   Link #186
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 80:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 13:58   Link #187
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Ch.80.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for 80:
Korps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 03:40   Link #188
Gus3

Spoiler for Sigh...:
Gus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 12:22   Link #189
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus3 View Post
Spoiler for Sigh...:
Just bring me the Spotted Flower end.
Korps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 12:56   Link #190
zigantz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
Just bring me the Spotted Flower end.
A Spotted Flower end is extremely unlikely, unless Kio wants to turn this into a contrived, completely unsatisfying mess.
zigantz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 14:11   Link #191
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigantz22 View Post
A Spotted Flower end is extremely unlikely, unless Kio wants to turn this into a contrived, completely unsatisfying mess.
What, like all the works he's done before Genshiken?
Old 2012-09-27, 14:35   Link #192
Kazu-kun

Well, if you think about it, this is already pretty contrived as it is.

Spoiler for 80:
Overall, I wouldn't be surprised if he does go for Spotted Flower end.
Old 2012-09-27, 15:04   Link #193
zigantz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
What, like all the works he's done before Genshiken?
Too true lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, if you think about it, this is already pretty contrived as it is.

Spoiler for 80:
Overall, I wouldn't be surprised if he does go for Spotted Flower end.
Spoiler:

I'd still be surprised at a Spotted Flower end, since such an end would basically require a considerable amount of character and relationship development from early Genshiken to be destroyed. I also think it's practically impossible that Saki will ever lose her strong, rather well-developed love for Kousaka, only to then fall in love with someone she's never appeared to have any feelings for, which is further strengthened by the fact that she knew of Madarame's feelings for her all this time, and yet she was never interested.

Last edited by zigantz22; 2012-09-27 at 17:51.
Old 2012-09-28, 06:36   Link #194
Gus3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigantz22 View Post
Too true lol

Spoiler:

I'd still be surprised at a Spotted Flower end, since such an end would basically require a considerable amount of character and relationship development from early Genshiken to be destroyed. I also think it's practically impossible that Saki will ever lose her strong, rather well-developed love for Kousaka, only to then fall in love with someone she's never appeared to have any feelings for, which is further strengthened by the fact that she knew of Madarame's feelings for her all this time, and yet she was never interested.
Spoiler for Well...:

On an unrelated note, someone in another forum told me that Kousaka's name is written in a feminine way in Japanese. Is this true? If so, why do you think its written like that?
Gus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 08:28   Link #195
zigantz22

Quote:
Spoiler for Well...:
Perhaps it wouldn't destroy those early developments, but it would unnecessarily cheapen a plethora of important decisions and significant character development from early Genshiken, and it's just not worth it at this point in the story, since it would ultimately occur solely in order to satisfy a small, but vocal, section of readers who have continuously hoped that Saki would somehow discard her feelings for Kousaka at some point, so that she can miraculously end up with Madarame, a person she's never had any romantic feelings for. Yes, people do often break up, but it's much more rare for people to fall out of love, which is what would be required here.

I've always thought Saki and Kousaka are an excellent couple, with pretty great chemistry, and, at the very least, they have far more realistic and believable chemistry than any she would have with Madarame were they to become a couple. Yes, their chemistry is quite good in Spotted Flower, but I really don't think it would translate well here at all.

A Spotted Flower end has always been an extremely slim possibility to me, and it remains so, due to the noticeable lack of proper and realistic foreshadowing to this eventual outcome. I do believe Kio wants to keep us guessing about the actual nature of Spotted Flower, but I also greatly believe it's an alternate universe, due to the rather strong likelihood that he wouldn't want to reveal their names or connections simply because of the very real possibility that it would prematurely cause many more readers to suddenly consider that as the true end of Genshiken. I also just think it was written to satisfy and appeal to a portion of readers (the Saki and Madarame shippers) that might otherwise not be satisfied by the actual conclusion of Genshiken.

Spoiler:

Still, despite all this analysis, the biggest part necessary for this eventual outcome is Saki breaking it off and falling out of love with Kousaka, which I don't see happening at all, without these moments coming off as unsatisfying, unnecessary and completely contrived, since there's been no hints toward any legitimate reasoning as to why she would ever do this. Also, I just don't think Kio would dissolve a relationship that satisfyingly developed throughout the entirety of early Genshiken, unless he wants to turn off a considerable section of the fanbase from continuing to read this.

In the end, however strongly I disagree with some of your points, I do somewhat understand your reasoning as to the possibility of this turning into a Spotted Flower conclusion, but do you honestly believe that Madarame should be rewarded for selfishly holding on to his unrequited love for his best friend's girlfriend for so long? Because I really, really don't. I think he should move on and find love elsewhere, and, for once, confidently decide to stop clinging onto a worn-out fantasy.

Last edited by zigantz22; 2012-09-28 at 12:49.
Old 2012-10-01, 10:18   Link #196
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Reading the spoilers here, i was a bit worried. But with the english translation released, im relieved. Madarame can finally, finally move on with his life. Now get together with Sue!
Old 2012-10-01, 12:07   Link #197
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

It's about fucking time.

Now the manga can stop using his as comedic relief and let him join the ranks of just enjoying life like the rest of the god damn cast. It was getting on my nerves regardless of the 'harem' he had formed. Shit that infuriated me at the end of Genshiken, at the very least this makes up for it somewhat.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 14:49   Link #198
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm glad this has finally been dealt with. Madarame can finally move on. It was worth making this seque for that alone.
Old 2012-10-01, 16:18   Link #199
kniteowl

Wow it concluded similar to what I expected, "The return of the nose hair" lol

This is totally out of character but, I wish they'd set up a prank after all this, at the very least set it up on Keiko and Hato so Madarame can get his revenge lol. Although I can only see Sue would be the only person who would do something like that.

I was also half expecting the main cast to spy on Madarame & Saki from the building on the other side from Genshiken through the windows. But I guess they loved Madarame too much for that :P.

Now that it's all over, I feel like I have nothing to look forward too when reading Genshiken anymore . A part from Sue of course.
Old 2012-10-01, 21:00   Link #200
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:

On an unrelated note, someone in another forum told me that Kousaka's name is written in a feminine way in Japanese. Is this true? If so, why do you think its written like that?
Yes, it is. There are countless ways to spell Makoto, most of them masculine, but Kousaka's name is spelled in a way that's usually feminine.

Tags
seinen