AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week's episode?
Perfect 10 112 41.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 102 37.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 13.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 2.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.12%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.49%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-05, 12:07   Link #381
LonelyWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishoujomae
From the Laser blast it seem to me like it was Rena, the owner of the Shappire of Azure Sky. (but I can't be certain of it yet)
I thought so too, but I find it unnecessary and a waste of energy for me to speculate right now
Old 2006-02-05, 12:43   Link #382
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

We see Mashiro in a dessert in the preview. I guess Arika is screwed then because w/o Mashiro she cant activate her robe.
Old 2006-02-05, 13:46   Link #383
Fishbait

WO(WOWOWOWOW

So many THINGSSSS

1. Sergey is Chuck Norris....why else would he not bleed !?!?!?!?!?!

2. Erstin

3. Why does it say Higly-Advanced Materilizing Equipment on the big machine thing that's suppose to be Fumi? :O :O :O

4. Natsuki ahhhhhh, robe disappeared so fast =[

5. Funny preview

6. Stupid Tomoe getting Shizuru captured =[

And people who are saying this is predictable....well come on, what isn't predictable these days? It's very hard to come up with something truly original and shocking without the majority of the people going "well that's just non-sense".

Last edited by Fishbait; 2006-02-05 at 14:02.
Old 2006-02-05, 13:57   Link #384
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Hmm...Quite an explosive episode, with all the twists, shocking revelations and action. Excellent, I say. Some popular mecha anime here that has finished airing quite some time ago should learn from this one.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-05, 14:46   Link #385
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Off Topic posts or conversation that have nothing to do with Episode 17, will lead to a warning followed by a 3 day ban for repeat offenders. If you have nothing to add about Episode 17 or the preview for Episode 18, don't post in this thread. If you want to further discuss Episode 18 and beyond, then post in this thread:

- [My Otome] [SPOILERS] Future Episode Synopses/Series Predictions

If you feel there isn't a thread that addresses your issue, then send me a PM with your idea. Thanks.
Old 2006-02-05, 14:54   Link #386
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku
We see Mashiro in a dessert in the preview. I guess Arika is screwed then because w/o Mashiro she cant activate her robe.
As long as she stays Materialized, there is no problem...
Old 2006-02-05, 15:02   Link #387
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
This episode had to be one of the most incredible episode i have seen. So much action and information given its was pretty crazy. the Arika and Nina thing could not have been started any better IMO.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
Old 2006-02-05, 15:17   Link #388
KanaKaishou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait

3. Why does it say Higly-Advanced Materilizing Equipment on the big machine thing that's suppose to be Fumi?
Yeah...I was wondering about that too.

Wasn't that the HiME tag?
Old 2006-02-05, 15:30   Link #389
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanaKaishou
Yeah...I was wondering about that too.

Wasn't that the HiME tag?
On the machine it also says Z-type (otome type). This suggests there are different sorts of HiME technology and the otome is one type (vs slave vs child). In this world, all of those types are activated by some sort of gem/crystal. If looking at this in an object oriented type of thing we have

HiME
HiME.Otome
HiME.Otome.Robe
HiME.Otome.Robe.Type
HiME.Otome.Robe.Type.Weapon/Attack
(Slight Speculation)
HiME.Slave
HiME.Child

And yes, it was a tag from Mai-HiME, but forgive me for pointing out the obvious, this series is called Mai-ZHiME... same HiME tag.
Old 2006-02-05, 16:18   Link #390
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

ZHimE is based off of the HiME system, but no actual relation - if there is, it's HUNDREDS of years in the timespan between the two anime. I don't see how since Mai and Co ended the HiME Carnival...but maybe MH Searrs had enough info and material to work with based off of Alyssa.

But back to the Topic (sorry ) ... Nagi said that he'd forgive Sergay if Nina gets Mashiro but it doesn't look like that happened. Maybe Mashiro and Arika have a falling out of sorts over this recent development.

But I don't see Sergay and Nagi patching things up any time soon over how this 'invasion' was conducted. Speaking of the invasion - what a farce -anyone with any political experience could have seen this 'invasion' coming a mile away. Military take-over by the evil forces only to have a little country out of no-where with one of the few standing militaries left come in and 'clean house'. I wonder just how backwards planet Earl really is sometimes. ^^;

Erstin...Man, I feel bad for her. If it was anyone else that she had to fight, she probably would have done so with more heart. Smith even had her trained to attack on his command - just what IS Schwarz to command this kind of loyalty from its followers?

And poor Natsuki - she FINALLY gets into her Robe and does...nothing. Even complaining about it during the next ep previews. XD She can't get any cuter than that.
Old 2006-02-05, 16:49   Link #391
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Erstin...Man, I feel bad for her. If it was anyone else that she had to fight, she probably would have done so with more heart. Smith even had her trained to attack on his command - just what IS Schwarz to command this kind of loyalty from its followers?
Fear keeps people in line. Schwarz probably looks a giant unstoppable yet-headless (in the fact there is no apparent leader - no-one to target to bring it down - there are no doubt people pulling strings way further back than Nagi or Smith) force to it's followers, and they may fear it even more than Schwarz's direct opponents. Insiders are bound to know far more than outsiders - far more to scare them. Schwarz probably dominate every aspect of it's follower's lives - not directly, but always a person looking over their shoulder, someone monitoring them from the shadows - just out of sight. They fear what should happen should they step out of line - because they will be found out - and they will be dealt with. The word 'Schwarz' and the word 'Totalitarian' go hand in hand.
Old 2006-02-05, 16:52   Link #392
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait
6. Stupid Tomoe getting Shizuru captured =[
Well, in her defense, she wasn't the only one captured. And I think Shizuru would've done the same for any other student. At least with Tomoe, she seemed sorry about it.
Old 2006-02-05, 16:58   Link #393
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Nina seems to be overreacting a bit, eh? What's up with Midori, anyway? She can't last two minutes without her hand thing breaking? Was Sergey's survival of the head-on attack a sign of his power or was it... stupid? This episode was very good, but I can't help but overlook these silly points.
Old 2006-02-05, 17:05   Link #394
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

I.. can't rate this episode. I am torn between hate and love for it.. there is no numerical value in existance to express my feelings for this episode. Erstin is dead.. and with it my only overly hopeful hopes. Yet, new drama and meaning has been created for this series. I wait calmly for the next episode, for I do not expect anything of it. Nina has cracked, Erstin is dead, Sergei is in deep sh*t, Nagi just lost my respect (Oh, he'll find it again by the end of the series, I am sure, he managed in HiME) and Arika just went holy immature on us.

I wonder what the result of Natsuki and Nao being together will, no, I am not implying anything of that kind, though.. ahem, what I'm talking about is, will they stick with whatever group results from the fight they walked into? I doubt they'll walk off with Nagi and Nina, and maybe Sergei depending on how events go.. Nagi will probably want to keep him for the influence he has over his brand new Otome. And where did Chie and Shiho get to? I hope Aoi doesn't die, since, even though, Aoi and Chie were never a pairing to jump out at me (Oh, it was a good pairing all right), the thought of a girl like Chie's focus of attention dieing on her, well, Chie always had a slightly optimistic, yet down to earth air about her, a calm nature beneath the (Very fitting, and cool) lesbian tendancies, I can't imagine her being depressed, and am not sure how a fitting reaction could be brought about.

I'm interested on hearing other people's opinions of this episode. Was it too rushed? Erstin's death did or did not particularly effect you? The series finally got good? Tell everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
Nina seems to be overreacting a bit, eh?
Ugh. What is over-reacting when you are in a mental state and position as hers? My old lengthy posts about Nina in the Arika character review thread (ah..haha.. ) still apply, but with new meaning here. This may be a good time for the Nina character review thread.. I had some work done on it.. somewhere.. damned untidy hard drive.. sigh.. I try. And we just found out she has had the equivalent of 'I only adopted you for my country and leader - to provide Nagi with an Otome' drilled into her. She wouldn't be able to tell how indecent that was anyway, but still, this adds all new meaning to the way she is. I'm sympathetic of her, so I cut her some slack over the events. Even if she did kill Erstin, the foolish girl.
Old 2006-02-05, 17:22   Link #395
User33703
Disabled By Request

Well to be honest Preston, the effect of Erstins death to me wasn't all that great.

Maybe it was just knowing that Erstin was going to die before I actually saw it (RAW's and such) or maybe it was just the whole predictability of it all. It was sad yes, but I didnt actually feel the panic or the loss of her death as much as I maybe should have. We've had handfuls of fans raving about her prominent death and/or betrayal because of how she was painted to be the innocent faithful friend, and now that it actually happened, I'm not all that shocked.

Dont get me started on the whole Arika VS Nina thing in the last bit. I guess Sunrise was aiming to initiate their hatred/rivalry with the death of a friend, but you'd think the two girls would actually have more sense then that, and atleast try to control the urge to rip out lungs and vital organs.

I also have mixed reactions and feelings to this episode. I'm happy that Sunrise has started to pump the drama and excitment, but I'm also troubled at how they plan to do so x_X. It can either crash and burn, or succesfully rake in millions of fans and moolah.

(On another note, the previews for the next episode = Win.)
Old 2006-02-05, 17:40   Link #396
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Honestly, why must all Shibaratsu weapons look SO phallic? Can we be anymore obvious? Shinso-sama's hull gets breached by Shibaratsu phallic beam, she closes up the fort and says "Not on your life, homey." Well at least the technology is safe for now but won't be for long if the mausoleum takes a hit. Even Asward backed off, but that makes me want to thwap Midori even more for allying herself with the Schwarz. She has to know the Black Valley faction is being played big time.
Old 2006-02-05, 17:45   Link #397
PastPrime

I imagine that huge explosion will be the end of the first Arika-Nina battle since I don't think either of them wants bystanders killed in their battle. Not to mention Sergey and their Masters. They will probably both be shocked by the amount of power they produced and pull back.
Old 2006-02-05, 17:52   Link #398
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Average episode, IMO, so compared to the last few it was a pure genius. But the attack of the plot holes was a bit too much for me. First, Smith sees Arika was going to materialise, rather than shooting her dead he just waits. Come on, John, you know you have to kill a main character when you have a chance, such chances are few and far between. Then Natsuki and Nao somehow espape from Garderobe, it was shown as a pice of cake while maybe it's me but runnig away from a surrounded building is anything but easy. And Erstin's death utterly failed to move me. It would have been a nice end of the episode if everyone had died in that blast. And she "green-sparkled" - I guess I am not the only one fearing a reset and/or resurrection of the dead characters?
Old 2006-02-05, 18:36   Link #399
wombatlord
All Wombats Shall Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston

Even if she did kill Erstin, the foolish girl.
Well, killed Erstin by accident, since Erstin put her slave in Nina's path, trying to prevent Nina from attacking Arika.
Old 2006-02-05, 18:40   Link #400
wombatlord
All Wombats Shall Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Average episode, IMO, so compared to the last few it was a pure genius. But the attack of the plot holes was a bit too much for me. First, Smith sees Arika was going to materialise, rather than shooting her dead he just waits. Come on, John, you know you have to kill a main character when you have a chance, such chances are few and far between. Then Natsuki and Nao somehow espape from Garderobe, it was shown as a pice of cake while maybe it's me but runnig away from a surrounded building is anything but easy. And Erstin's death utterly failed to move me. It would have been a nice end of the episode if everyone had died in that blast. And she "green-sparkled" - I guess I am not the only one fearing a reset and/or resurrection of the dead characters?
Don't forget that Sergei could have:
1) shot the Jewel out of Erstin's hands before she could summon anything
2) blown Smith's brains out at any point.

As for Smith--at this point, Smith and Nagi likely think, like Sergei did earlier, that Arika is the real princess of Windbloom and thus needed for the Harmonium. So they need her alive. It's only later in the scene, post-Materialization, that this turns out to be wrong.

And Natsuki and Nao escaped Garderobe before it was completely surrounded, I think.
Closed Thread