AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-26, 15:06   Link #341
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Also...I'm quite surprised that Sagara didn't react when he saw Mitsuhide. I mean...in history Akechi Mitsuhide was the one that later betrayed Oda Nobunaga, which resulted in his death. Sagara should be more than aware of this but he didn't even react...though I suppose it could come up later on.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 15:16   Link #342
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I find that strange as well that he didn't react. Most likely the event of the betrayal will be different than the one in the original history. Actually Historians today still can't point out the exact reason for the betrayal. Also, Nobuna should have a sister like in the original story yet her brother is the only sibling introduced.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 21:27   Link #343
halibonga

that Date Masamune..., this series is not afraid to dish out a hundred lolis
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 22:58   Link #344
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
*Shrugs*

I suppose I shouldn't mention my own nihondo collection.
I'm usually not one to point out mistakes, but this is really bugging me since you say you are a collector.

日本刀 = Japanese sword (or rather Japanese knife, katanas are single bladed so strictly speaking they are knives and not swords)

It's read nihonTOU not nihondo. I don't know where you got do from especially since to never phonetically morphs into do as far as I am aware.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 22:59   Link #345
Anime Online

There is a good reason why anime Masamune is casted as a loli.

The historic Masamune was born in September 1567. In comparison, Yoshitatsu rebelled successfully against Dosan and took over Mino province in 1556 (featured in episode 3). In 1559, Nobunaga had completed the consolidation of his authority over the Oda clan and Owari province after ending all opposition, including his brother's rebellions (featured in episode 2).

Hence, this means as the events unfold in the anime so far, historic Masamune hasn't even been born yet. In any case, I'm not certain Masamune will appear in the anime, as Date clan's holdings were too far away in the north while Owari is somewhat in the centre near Kyoto.

Anime Tokugawa Ieyasu is also shown as a loli, which makes some kinda sense as historic Ieyasu was 8.5 years younger than Nobunaga.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 23:04   Link #346
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
I'm usually not one to point out mistakes, but this is really bugging me since you say you are a collector.

日本刀 = Japanese sword

It's read nihonTOU not nihondo. I don't know where you got do from especially since to never phonetically morphs into do as far as I am aware.
刀 is pronounced "do" (도) in Korean. Given that I actually use Korean more than Japanese in real life, I tend to make mistakes with interchangeable pronunciations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
In any case, I'm not certain Masamune will appear in the anime, as Date clan's holdings were too far away in the north while Owari is somewhat in the centre near Kyoto.
Who said Masamune had to be up north?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 23:18   Link #347
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
There is a good reason why anime Masamune is casted as a loli.

The historic Masamune was born in September 1567. In comparison, Yoshitatsu rebelled successfully against Dosan and took over Mino province in 1556 (featured in episode 3). In 1559, Nobunaga had completed the consolidation of his authority over the Oda clan and Owari province after ending all opposition, including his brother's rebellions (featured in episode 2).

Hence, this means as the events unfold in the anime so far, historic Masamune hasn't even been born yet. In any case, I'm not certain Masamune will appear in the anime, as Date clan's holdings were too far away in the north while Owari is somewhat in the centre near Kyoto.

Anime Tokugawa Ieyasu is also shown as a loli, which makes some kinda sense as historic Ieyasu was 8.5 years younger than Nobunaga.
Lolis? Both Masamune and Ieyasu looks like teenagers as we seen so far in the anime.
Old 2012-07-27, 00:05   Link #348
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Totally a loli
Old 2012-07-27, 00:12   Link #349
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
How do you know it's not a trap ? Not everybody was genderbended after all.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 00:26   Link #350
Sumeragi
Banned

You forgot: She was mentioned when they were talking about the Princess Generals
Old 2012-07-27, 00:31   Link #351
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Damnit, I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling...!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 00:32   Link #352
Undertaker

Yeah Date's inclusion, is definitely a fan service of sort, because as mentioned, even at accelerated timeline, Date shouldn't even have been born yet. But she is definitely a fun character though.
Old 2012-07-27, 02:11   Link #353
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So Date is a Loli/Shota. Doesn't matter, i hope Date acts like Sengoku Basara's Date Masamune.

Old 2012-07-27, 02:43   Link #354
Sumeragi
Banned

Let's just say if this world's Masamune becomes like that, it'll probably be because of Monkey.

Think about it, a badass half-barbarian oddeye loli.
Old 2012-07-27, 03:32   Link #355
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
日本刀 = Japanese sword (or rather Japanese knife, katanas are single bladed so strictly speaking they are knives and not swords)
Swords can be single, double, or even un-edged. The difference between a sword and a knife comes from size and utility, not the number of edges
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 13:43   Link #356
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Hey guys, not sure if it is off topic or not. Crunchyroll, the one who license Oda Nobuna no Yabou, just became a part of the PS3 (What should I say to XBOX Fans, I got both systems). You can watch over 400 anime shows on the PS3. Some are free, some are premium (sad face). 2 of the 3 photos release on IGN features Oda Nobuna no Yabou the anime. Here is the link http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...chyroll-on-ps3
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 15:10   Link #357
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

ok why is everyone here concerned with how real life history goes? ITS AN ANIME! so just watch the damn show and enjoy it
Old 2012-07-28, 16:18   Link #358
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
ok why is everyone here concerned with how real life history goes? ITS AN ANIME! so just watch the damn show and enjoy it
Anime or not doesn't matter...the characters are somewhat based on real historical figures, Sagara being aware of history in general should know full well about Akechi Mitsuhide's betrayal and considering his relationship with Nobuna, it's just strange that he didn't react to the name Mitsuhide.
He should have at least taken notice of her, even if the events in the story are becoming different than the original...why take risks?
Hell, if I was in his position and saw Mitsuhide I'd either warn Nobuna, one of her officers right on the stop or keep a close watch on her, but he didn't even acknowledge her.

Now...this could be covered later on in the anime, but I just found it weird that there was no reaction at all to Mitsuhide's name.
Old 2012-07-28, 16:30   Link #359
Sumeragi
Banned

Consider the situations when Monkey saw her:

1. All-important meeting between Nobuna and Dousan
2. Relay of Dousan's intent to have a last stand

Both were at times when Monkey had other more important things on his mind.
Old 2012-07-28, 16:54   Link #360
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Consider the situations when Monkey saw her:

1. All-important meeting between Nobuna and Dousan
2. Relay of Dousan's intent to have a last stand

Both were at times when Monkey had other more important things on his mind.
True, true...

I just hope it gets touched upon later on.

Tags
action, historical, romance, shounen