AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Old 2007-04-09, 10:16   Link #181
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
I wished Katsuyuki Konishi would f--k off from this anime.
I don't see a reason as to why he should --- he's the perfect voice for a character like Kamina.
Old 2007-04-09, 10:42   Link #182
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Agreed. I wasn't totally sure about him time ago when I knew which VA were going to dub the main characters, but after these two episodes I've got to say his voice really fits Kamina.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 13:38   Link #183
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 15:14   Link #184
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Nice finds Maids

I wonder if the three 'K' girls Kiyoh (blonde), Kinon (meganeko) and Kiyal (fang-chan) will get equally as much fanart when they turn up? It still amazes me the amount of suggestive angles Gainax are getting away with, I guess they're just too good at it

I was taking another look at the website and noticed it's either Kiyoh or Darry (pink haired loli in the OP) who appears in the poster, meaning one of them are of equal importance to Viral in the wider plot...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 15:33   Link #185
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Nice finds Maids

I wonder if the three 'K' girls Kiyoh (blonde), Kinon (meganeko) and Kiyal (fang-chan) will get equally as much fanart when they turn up? It still amazes me the amount of suggestive angles Gainax are getting away with, I guess they're just too good at it

I was taking another look at the website and noticed it's either Kiyoh or Darry (pink haired loli in the OP) who appears in the poster, meaning one of them are of equal importance to Viral in the wider plot...
My guess is that it's an unrevealed character, read this from GainaxPages quoting NewType:
Spoiler:

Last edited by 7Th; 2007-04-09 at 21:53.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 21:51   Link #186
ZODDGUTS

Love this pic of Yoko.

Some sort of Mod character from Oblivion. Looking forward to seeing Yoko Cosplayers.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 22:53   Link #187
outlaw97

Besides the lifeless eyes, which is a staple of Oblivion anyway, that is a scarily accurate rendition - I didn't realize Oblivion mods went this far!

(And so quickly too!)

And those scenic shots look gorgeous - has there been an episode count yet? 24? 26?
outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 22:58   Link #188
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97 View Post
Besides the lifeless eyes, which is a staple of Oblivion anyway, that is a scarily accurate rendition - I didn't realize Oblivion mods went this far!

(And so quickly too!)

And those scenic shots look gorgeous - has there been an episode count yet? 24? 26?
26. Says at ANN, Gainax Pages, NewType and pretty much everywhere.
Old 2007-04-10, 02:20   Link #189
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Those three artworks in that photo look absolutely gorgeous, 7th. I can't wait to see those places in the next episodes, and I hope some of them will even show up on some of the notorious magazines (newtype, animage etc).
Old 2007-04-10, 02:27   Link #190
bluerogue
PEWPEW LASER SWORDMASTER

Send a message via AIM to bluerogue
Just seen episode two raw. Ugh, god, this show just seems to be getting better.

Even with the animation director in flcl directing it, and other various top notch animators out there planning the thing, it still doesnt seem to be getting the hype it deserves.

It's hilarious, over the top, hot blooded action, has me riveted. Probably the best this season so far...
bluerogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 03:33   Link #191
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't see a reason as to why he should --- he's the perfect voice for a character like Kamina.
When i earlier checked this anime, it was suppose to be Nobuyuki Hiyama which was really going to suit this character. But the cast suddenly changed, and Katsuyuki Konishi idiot returns with his stupid trying to be funny voice. I dropped this anime because of the Anti-Captain Harlock sentiment and nerd supremecy, but the main reason is because of Katsuyuki Konishi.

Sorry but thats how i feel.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 05:26   Link #192
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Whatever, Honey_and_Cleaver. There's still plenty of stuff to watch this season, I am sure that you will find something else that you will like. It's not like this show was supposed to be everyone's cup of tea anyway.
Old 2007-04-10, 06:00   Link #193
Honey_and_Cleaver

It was suppose to be until KK idiot arrived. He should stick with playing characters like Kyoushirou in Kttns and Hisagi in bleach. That talk less,acting hard to be cool with pervert brain suits his voice and his character.

Everything has its positive and negetive critism. No eternal blue.
Old 2007-04-10, 07:35   Link #194
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
When i earlier checked this anime, it was suppose to be Nobuyuki Hiyama which was really going to suit this character. But the cast suddenly changed, and Katsuyuki Konishi idiot returns with his stupid trying to be funny voice. I dropped this anime because of the Anti-Captain Harlock sentiment and nerd supremecy, but the main reason is because of Katsuyuki Konishi.

Sorry but thats how i feel.
I don’t really see what you mean in here… how’s the exaltation of will-power as a medium to change the world a pro-geek and anti-Captain Harlock representation? As for Konishi’s voice, as my appreciation of voice acting isn’t all that great I won’t comment on this, I like his voice but can’t really say why.
Old 2007-04-10, 08:18   Link #195
Honey_and_Cleaver

I got this impression from the first episode. Well you like Konishi voice now, but when you watch a lot animes, youll start to recognize that tone and his shrieking throat will sink and embed into your brain, then everytime you look foward to an anime that looks good, hell be there to pull the same crap.

You look foward to Kissdum now, but hes there, everywhere like a freaking parasite getting the main roles and spitting at the mic. It itches me off the chart hearing him in Bleach and sergei in Mai Otome.
Old 2007-04-10, 08:56   Link #196
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
You don't like it. We got the idea. Thanks a lot for sharing it with us over and over. Now on to things that are actually interesting...
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 09:31   Link #197
7Th
Mixtape

Hum... Gurren-Lagann's site updated with next episode summary and staff. Directed by Masahiko Otsuka, who did Abebonashi's premier and DieBuster's episodes 1 and 4, and with the animation supervision of, besides Sushio who looks over the whole series, I think, this is just the closest name I found, Ishihara Mitsuru, he did the Prince of Tennis opening, and a guy whose name I can’t read. I wish they listed the whole animation staff though… but I guess it is better to surprise people like they did with Mori in last week.
Old 2007-04-10, 10:54   Link #198
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Ishihara Mitsuru, he did the Prince of Tennis opening, and a guy whose name I can’t read.
You're talking about the OP animation right? Which OP would that be? The first one?
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 11:51   Link #199
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
You're talking about the OP animation right? Which OP would that be? The first one?
No idea, but that would be my guess...

Do the openings list in the credits who did their animation? Still, a better example of his job would be Sakura Wars' third movie...

Last edited by 7Th; 2007-04-10 at 12:04.
Old 2007-04-10, 12:12   Link #200
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Those three artworks in that photo look absolutely gorgeous, 7th. I can't wait to see those places in the next episodes, and I hope some of them will even show up on some of the notorious magazines (newtype, animage etc).
Yeah, its a shame how they are, they're not print-out worthy. We're gonna have to wait for something a bit more official --- please Gainax. :3