Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-27, 20:23   Link #701
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Different strokes different folks.

(Grabs) I'm taking her home with meeeeeee!!! (Runs off like kidnapper)
3... 2... 1... *watches Satellizer walk back in carrying YIMW's severed head*

Touching her means DEATH, remember? Really, what part of this is hard to understand?
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 20:36   Link #702
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post

Touching her means DEATH, remember? Really, what part of this is hard to understand?
Ah....the Satellizer we know and love.
Old 2011-01-27, 23:02   Link #703
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post

Unfortunately, it is well documented that cuteness has been known to shut down the higher brain functions of logic, tact and self preservation in otaku.

Heck, there was a well known (though unfortunately not video recorded) fist-fight for a plastic stuatue of My Wife last year in Akihabara!! The combatants were said to be grappling, screaming, pulling and shouting over her!!

The joke was: she was not a limited edition run figure, and is still quite available.
Old 2011-01-28, 21:41   Link #704
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Ok, so I was bored and watched the third episode
Turned out to be not quite as bad as I had feared.

First we see how feared the coldhearted b*tch Satelliser actually is - as she enters the cantina, all students flee instantly. No wonder when she happily slaughters countless girls during combat simulations, and who knows what other depraved, unfunny crap she still did
That makes the contrast all the bigger when Kazuya (who can't get enough of touching her after rubbing his face in her breasts) suddenly puts the mental basketcase into shy-girl-mode
There people complain about Cecil in IS becoming al dere-dere after the fight (I didn't find it too bad), but *this* 180 degree turn is now really way out there and extremely unbelievable

When Miyabi appeared with her harem, I already knew she means business
I expected them to do some unfunny asspulls right away, but the seem to have used up all crack last episode, and we get to see a more realistic fight instead of B-movie action. Miyabi gets too annoyed with all the crap Satelliser constantly pulls (and probably has been pulling for some time already), and Satelliser gets owned and becomes the Feel-me-up-Queen
Spoiler for 0wnage (contains nsfw):

Just then though, one of the storywriters couldn't stand the withdrawal anymore and started snorting cleaning agent or something
As a result, we got to see another ludicrous ass-pull: Kazuya, a complete n00b without the faintest idea about what he is doing, is suddenly able, at the very first try, to not only break a Freezing field that was erected by three experienced Limiters and a seasoned third-year, but also can erect a Freezing field of his own
Well, at least it stopped there and they didn't show any absurd scenes about how Satelliser is suddenly able to beat the third year and the limiters

You probably should see this as the anime equivalent to a B-movie. While it's not at "Plan 9 from Outer Space" niveau yet, they're really putting some effort into it to get there.

Towards the end, we're introduced to Ingrid, which seems to be quite good, and who is informed that the Satelliser problem really needs to be dealt with now.
Thus, in the hope we'll see Satelliser's ass whopped once more, I'll go and watch the next episode - if only to laugh at the stupid, absurd B-movie elements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Without Kazuya there, Miyabi would have been skewered.
Very wrong, quite the opposite. Without Kazuya, there would've been no one to do that ludicrous ass-pull to break the Freezing field, and they would've happily continued to have fun with the Feel-me-up-Queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
other non-censor related gifs =>
http://up.ecchi-squad.net/uploads/1296115255.gif
Thanks, loved that one
Old 2011-01-28, 22:01   Link #705
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post

Just then though, one of the storywriters couldn't stand the withdrawal anymore and started snorting cleaning agent or something
As a result, we got to see another ludicrous ass-pull: Kazuya, a complete n00b without the faintest idea about what he is doing, is suddenly able, at the very first try, to not only break a Freezing field that was erected by three experienced Limiters and a seasoned third-year, but also can erect a Freezing field of his own
He did a freezing field in episode 1, remember. It's why Satellizer lost that one. They explained how he was able to do it in episode 3, even though that explanation didn't come until later in the manga. Normal limiters have a single stigmata in their body: a tiny fragment about the size of a pea that had been inside the pandora's body until she was ready to choose a limiter. It's the stigmata that allows the males to use any power at all: without it they'd just be human. However, 30% of Kazuya's body is made up of stigmata material. He's on a different scale altogether. Ordinary humans don't have any, limiters only have what they're given from their pandora partner. Kazuya has nearly 1/3 of his body made of the stuff NATURALLY. It's not an ass-pull: it's a deliberate invoking of a plot-point that will gain more significance later.

Of course, the anime has no business getting far enough for that to matter. If it's only going to be 12 episodes, we shouldn't even get past the 3rd-years' little war against Satellizer.

PS: If you don't like the idea of Satellizer being able to adapt and suddenly take on people who should be better than her, then you're not going to like this series, I can tell you that right now.
Old 2011-01-28, 22:27   Link #706
RhinoX

Quote:
Very wrong, quite the opposite. Without Kazuya, there would've been no one to do that ludicrous ass-pull to break the Freezing field, and they would've happily continued to have fun with the Feel-me-up-Queen.
I think if Kazuya wasn't there, there would have been any conflict to begin with ...

Well, i watched episode 4 and it was awesome, 90+% true to the source, i can't wait for moar. n_n

Last edited by RhinoX; 2011-01-29 at 00:23.
RhinoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 02:02   Link #707
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
-snip-
I find your enjoyment of seeing a girl hinted with a history of abuse being sexually harass disturbing.

A scene like that was meant to make us feel disgusted.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-01-29 at 04:02. Reason: Let's not get personal here...
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 08:03   Link #708
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 04:
Old 2011-01-29, 08:03   Link #709
Jerseykid

Green freezing is no match for blue freezing!

It's starting to get odd that she has to fight every episode, when does she get to go to school.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 08:44   Link #710
lightsenshi
Author

Satellizer: Take a Limiter, Please!
Old 2011-01-29, 09:30   Link #711
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoX View Post
I think if Kazuya wasn't there, there would have been any conflict to begin with ...

Well, i watched episode 4 and it was awesome, 90+% true to the source, i can't wait for moar. n_n
Ok, one of the better made eps. I'll give it a 7. But I wished they had kept the teachers threatening Satelliser to leave Kazuya alone or she would die personally from the teacher's hands. And they missed the Kazuya bitch slap and a GAR Kazuya moment

@himeji: I don't see how it's unbelievable. If Satelliser went dere to EVERYONE, then yea. But we always know that she only goes dere for Kazuya.

@jersey: I think it's to help indicate that Kazuya is using a Nova freeze compared to a reg. Limiter freeze

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 09:32   Link #712
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 04:
Is that so? Perhaps I will watch. I was debating on whether or not to drop. I am stretched too thin this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Green freezing is no match for blue freezing!

It's starting to get odd that she has to fight every episode, when does she get to go to school.
School? What's this "school" that you speak of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
Satellizer: Take a Limiter, Please!
*raises hand*
Old 2011-01-29, 10:22   Link #713
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Damn At-x censored with black bands some violent scenes. I will surely read the manga after this serie end, is so good.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 10:24   Link #714
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Is that so? Perhaps I will watch. I was debating on whether or not to drop. I am stretched too thin this season.
I'd say so, though i'm sure a few people here would disagree with me . You're reading the manga anyway, so i'm sure you could easily do without the adaptation.
Old 2011-01-29, 11:57   Link #715
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 4:
Old 2011-01-29, 12:38   Link #716
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Chiffon having a wet dream was easily my favorite part of the episode
...I don't remember anything like THAT from the relevant manga chapters...

I should probably give up on this. I read the manga before I tried the anime, and given the way the anime is chopping things up and altering stuff, I don't think there's any way I could like it.
Old 2011-01-29, 12:58   Link #717
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 4:
Old 2011-01-29, 14:10   Link #718
Tiberium Wolf

I think they cut/changed too much of the story. At this rate we will have an original end.
Old 2011-01-29, 14:27   Link #719
RhinoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I think they cut/changed too much of the story. At this rate we will have an original end.
On the contrary, they have change too little and i think they are trying to keep the general idea and develoment intact, except for pandora mode. The cuts are because of the little time i suppose.
RhinoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 14:42   Link #720
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoX View Post
On the contrary, they have change too little and i think they are trying to keep the general idea and develoment intact, except for pandora mode. The cuts are because of the little time i suppose.
Not really. Although, we are missing several plot points that could be used for char. development.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, seinen