AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-11-13, 01:28   Link #41
Virtue
Banned

They don't have one?

I thought the red "block" was the chin....

And only ones closest with a "mouth" is Raider & Destroy....
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 01:31   Link #42
Cherudim Arche

The mouth is always found on gundam with vent marks where the face is. It applies to both gundam with and without mouths. If the gundam have a covering, it is always behind, that area. Gundams have it above the chin, and center of the two side armor, usually the decoration or vulcans.

The red block is a chin feature, nothing more.The face would work the same way a person look, that is why there isn't much difference where the mouth is. It is always under the eyes for all gundams, regardless of how different the face is.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 02:02   Link #43
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
As Gundams = based on samurai armor, it could be pretty well beneath the "helmet" part where the vents are.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 02:34   Link #44
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Since Gundams don't eat, breathe or talk, all I can say is... "Mouth?"

This "mouth" you're talking about is just a decoration. Either there is a mouth clearly painted onto the Gundam or else it doesn't have a mouth and you're just being silly saying that it has a hidden mouth somewhere. No obvious mouth-like decoration = no mouth.

If you say it has a covered or hidden mouth, then you're just pretending that it is a human being.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 03:17   Link #45
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

It's decoration? I thought those two lines on the Gundam's mouth are for cooling purpose
Old 2007-11-13, 03:38   Link #46
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
It's decoration? I thought those two lines on the Gundam's mouth are for cooling purpose
Making a cooling vent look like a mouth is decoration.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 03:39   Link #47
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Cooling is accomplished through the vents on the side of the head. One can argue that they are ports for the head's speakers, but then again most mobile suits don't have visible mouth slits.

Conclusion: the slits are more often than not, decorative.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 21:40   Link #48
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

So, in my boredom, I went around ja.wiki to look at things relating to SEED/GSD for the lulz.

So, while Kira in-series wasn't officially and generally shown to carry any nicknames of sorts, apparently he was... what, 'Strongest Soldier' or something in the novels, back in the TSA? And what's this? In Delta Astray, he's known as 'The One Who Possess the Power to End Conflicts' or something...? And is pretty famous amongst the Martians?

Is this true?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 00:07   Link #49
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
So, in my boredom, I went around ja.wiki to look at things relating to SEED/GSD for the lulz.

So, while Kira in-series wasn't officially and generally shown to carry any nicknames of sorts, apparently he was... what, 'Strongest Soldier' or something in the novels, back in the TSA? And what's this? In Delta Astray, he's known as 'The One Who Possess the Power to End Conflicts' or something...? And is pretty famous amongst the Martians?

Is this true?
Until the start of Destiny, Kira as a pilot is an enigma to outsiders. To most, he is known as the pilot of Freedom, but not much else. Only major characters and those linked with Orb would know Kira's name. Thus nicknames are inevitable when the real name is unavailable.

After the end of Destiny, Lacus officially entered PLANT politics, and Kira became a public figure as a consequence. But nick-names have a habit of sticking, so I wouldn't be surprise if his nicknames remained.
Old 2007-11-16, 10:16   Link #50
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
The reference to him in Delta Astray isn't exactly a nickname, but merely a reference to what he is "supposedly" able to accomplish.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 21:48   Link #51
lubczyk

Connection between Flay & Rau?

I know this may be a old topic due to Gundam SEED having ended years ago, but I just never got this question answered:

You know how Flay Allster saw a resemblence, at least twice, between Rau la Creuset and her father. What was the point of that? I don't remember there ever being a connection between Rau and George Allster.

Is it explained in the manga, or is it just a plot hole Fuduka never bothered explaining?
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 23:40   Link #52
4Tran

While I haven't read the manga, if the resemblence is unexplained, how is it a plot hole? It's sort of obvious that it may just be a coincidence. The purpose for putting it in the story is to create a connection between Fllay and Rau, thus making it easier for her to look at the situation from his point of view.
Old 2007-11-17, 00:33   Link #53
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
It's because Fllay was psychologically damaged and was missing a father figure. When she was kidnapped by Rau, and Rau didn't hurt her, she instinctively grew an attachment to him. It's a phenomenon seen in real life kidnapping victims too.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 00:38   Link #54
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk
I know this may be a old topic due to Gundam SEED having ended years ago, but I just never got this question answered:

You know how Flay Allster saw a resemblence, at least twice, between Rau la Creuset and her father. What was the point of that? I don't remember there ever being a connection between Rau and George Allster.

Is it explained in the manga, or is it just a plot hole Fuduka never bothered explaining?
Uh, maybe it's because of the fact that both her dad and Rau were voiced by the same person?

Last edited by xris; 2007-11-17 at 03:44.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 01:00   Link #55
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Why can;t I download mendois episode 6 of gundam 00?

I can use any other torrent, but everytime i truy to download any of their episode 6 releases, it says that the connection has been reset by peer and it won't let me connect.

Can anyone please help me?
Old 2007-11-18, 06:22   Link #56
Joachim
et tu, brute?

em from some blog (by darkmirage) it was stated in moon phase that gundam 00 will get a season break before it begin the 2nd season? (much like code geass) Source

is this true? if it is then.. oh man i for one HATE SEASON BREAK.... call me selfish but i want to watch all 50eps++ of gundam in 2 season run, not some bloody 1 season + 1 season break + 1 last season, omg
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 06:52   Link #57
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
em from some blog (by darkmirage) it was stated in moon phase that gundam 00 will get a season break before it begin the 2nd season? (much like code geass) Source

is this true? if it is then.. oh man i for one HATE SEASON BREAK.... call me selfish but i want to watch all 50eps++ of gundam in 2 season run, not some bloody 1 season + 1 season break + 1 last season, omg
Well....first, that's true. Second, that news was announced about before the Gundam 00 aired. The reason? Code Geass season 2.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 09:30   Link #58
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I think Rau sounds like her father a lot (well, of course they're voiced by the same VA but still... ). So that was why she took to following Rau.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 10:47   Link #59
X207
Gamyūsa

i got a GS/ GSD question. they list a bunch of techno babble when the archangel activates. one thing in those items is a pellet dispenser , anyone hav a clue as to why they would even mention it outside of the topic of pez candy?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 12:48   Link #60
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i got a GS/ GSD question. they list a bunch of techno babble when the archangel activates. one thing in those items is a pellet dispenser , anyone hav a clue as to why they would even mention it outside of the topic of pez candy?
The pellet dispenser is the "engine feed" the AA runs on fusion engines. Small pellets of probably HDT mix (Hydrogen Deuterium Tritium) are dispensed into the engines, which then get bombarded by lasers from all sides and get super-condensed until the Hydrogen isotopes fuse and cause a fusion explosion, propelling the AA forward. Mind you the explosion is very small, it's not like dropping an H-bomb here and there it is a series of very small explosions.

Last edited by fizzmaister; 2007-12-04 at 12:49. Reason: the lasers
fizzmaister is offline   Reply With Quote