AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-17, 05:58   Link #81
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
It also seems they are breaking away a bit in turn of naming the Cures. There is always some sort of theme that defines each cure group and relevant to their names. If those names are legit, I can't quite figure out the theme for this series...
Well, it was the same for Yes 5. Dream, lemon, red, aqua...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 20:05   Link #82
Undertaker

Well, if I remember correctly, in addition to the butterflies theme the names in Yes 5 were based by French perfumes/cologne which also coincide the series 's western reference & settings:

Dream - Incanto Dream
Rouge - Chypre Rouge
Lemonade - Pink Lemonade
Mint - Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint
Aqua - Carolina Herrera Aqua Eau de Toilette。
Old 2011-12-19, 13:04   Link #83
justsomeguy

Another year, another new Precure series.

The character designs don't look bad at all, and the plot is generic as usual, so this will be another series where characters and interactions will have to drive the show.

Unfortunately, I can't be too optimistic, since I have no confidence in Toei's ability to write a good KR show (which Fourze is), a good Super Sentai show, and a good Precure show all in the same year. So between Smile Precure and Gobusters, one of those will probably suck, or both will be mediocre.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 14:39   Link #84
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post

Unfortunately, I can't be too optimistic, since I have no confidence in Toei's ability to write a good KR show (which Fourze is), a good Super Sentai show, and a good Precure show all in the same year. So between Smile Precure and Gobusters, one of those will probably suck, or both will be mediocre.
Ergh, while I don't want to go OT too much, calling Fourze "good" is out of the question for me (including, but not limited to, the awful acting), and the same can be said for Gokaiger and Suite Precure. I'm honestly waiting just for Smile.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 15:49   Link #85
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Ergh, while I don't want to go OT too much, calling Fourze "good" is out of the question for me (including, but not limited to, the awful acting), and the same can be said for Gokaiger and Suite Precure. I'm honestly waiting just for Smile.
No need to go OT. There are Kamen Rider and Super Sentai threads buried in the General Discussion forum.

Old 2011-12-21, 09:26   Link #86
PzIVf3

PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 00:49   Link #87
Midonin
Last Engage

While I'm still strapped for information on Go-busters, information for this series just went up. The preliminary character profiles.

I am not a professional translator, mind.

Cure Happy
"The glittering light of the future!"
Likes picture books, a cheerful, energetic girl. Optimistic and almost never gets depressed. Catchphrase is "Ultra Happy!".

Her civilian form is giving me Akari Akaza vibes.

Cure Sunny
"The brilliant sun's hotblooded power!"
A girl with a burning heart, likes to make people laugh. Works at an okonomiyaki shop. Member of the volleyball club.

The group's tomboy, pretty much.

Cure Peace
"Sparkling light jan-ken-pon!"
A crybaby with a strong heart. Good at sympathizing with others, and will never break a promise. Has skill at drawing manga, but is too shy to show people.

Her design pretty much looks like 97% of all humanized Fluttershy art. Also, a manga drawing Cure? (Besides Kenji, I mean.) I'm in.

Cure March
"Awe-inspiring courage, an honest fight!"
A bold girl who won't let people get away with unfair things. A popular, honest older sister character type. Likes cute girly things, but is also good at sports. Member of the soccer club.

I can foresee her and Akane having some sexy tension with each other.

Cure Beauty
"Falling and accumulating, gathering on my heart!"
Elegant, dignified and kind girl. Reliable student council vice president. Doesn't get angry very much, but you won't like here when she's angry. Member of the archery club.

Her appearance reflects her demeanor.

And there you have it.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 06:58   Link #88
Jao
panchi~

Spoiler for Big picture of cures + civilian forms:

I don't know who I like better, Akane or Nao. They all look so good!
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 09:49   Link #89
FireChick

I was initially hesitant on trying out this new Precure show, but after seeing that the yellow haired girl is a LOT like me (what's her name?), I'm gonna at least give the show a try. I wonder if the seiyuus are announced yet?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 10:00   Link #90
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Spoiler for One more promotional picture:
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 10:07   Link #91
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
I wonder if the seiyuus are announced yet?
As of now, no. There's a supposedly cast list floating around but it has not been confirmed.
Old 2011-12-26, 11:05   Link #92
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
but after seeing that the yellow haired girl is a LOT like me (what's her name?)
Kise Yayoi AKA Cure Peace.
Old 2011-12-26, 15:52   Link #93
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
calling Fourze "good" is out of the question for me
If you can't recognize superior writing quality and consequential intentional avoidance of problems that normally plague the newer installmens of the franchise, I don't really know what to say to you. Fourze has been brilliant so far... well, as brilliant as these shows go anyway.

Now, I'm interested in Smile staff. Because really only producers and writers determine whether or not it's gonna be a shallow YPC5 remake that it shapes up to be.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 16:15   Link #94
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
If you can't recognize superior writing quality and consequential intentional avoidance of problems that normally plague the newer installmens of the franchise, I don't really know what to say to you. Fourze has been brilliant so far... well, as brilliant as these shows go anyway.
Oh yes, I can see it, but the awful acting can't make up for a good script no matter what.

Quote:
Now, I'm interested in Smile staff. Because really only producers and writers determine whether or not it's gonna be a shallow YPC5 remake that it shapes up to be.
I assume nothing will be known for about two more weeks I think.
Old 2011-12-26, 22:43   Link #95
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Oh yes, I can see it, but the awful acting can't make up for a good script no matter what.
I'm not sure what you mean by awful acting. The characters were written to be over the top, and the actors seem to manage it. Unless you're referring to Shun's crying a few episodes back.

As for Smile Precure:
* Cure Happy: the genki girl, nothing different from Nozomi/Dream.
* Cure Sunny: a tomboy? Yeah, it's Rin/Rouge, but please let her not be screwed over this time.
* Cure Peace: oh god, another useless yellow cure.
* Cure March: huh? sounds like another tomboy, but there's already Sunny on the team. That hair in cure form is terrible, btw.
* Cure Beauty: the student council vice president. almost like Karen/Aqua.

Yep, it's YPC5, take two. Please let this be better. (Though with orange and green seeming to be redundant characters, I'm not holding much hope here.)

Old 2011-12-26, 23:07   Link #96
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
* Cure Peace: oh god, another useless yellow cure.
We haven't even seen her in action yet, calling her "useless" is a bit of stretch. She may not be the most assertive of characters, but a foil is needed for everyone else. (And if pixiv is any indication, the older fanbase loves her.)
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 23:17   Link #97
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
We haven't even seen her in action yet, calling her "useless" is a bit of stretch. She may not be the most assertive of characters, but a foil is needed for everyone else. (And if pixiv is any indication, the older fanbase loves her.)
Well people who are shy just aren't the type to impose themselves on others, whether socially or in a fight. From appearances, her role is to stand around and be moe, unless she's holding herself in until she goes ballistic.

Old 2011-12-26, 23:19   Link #98
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

From the descriptions holding herself in seems to be Beauty's thing.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 13:11   Link #99
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

I don't think Peace will be useless since there are some shy characters who aren't useless
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 16:48   Link #100
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
(Though with orange and green seeming to be redundant characters, I'm not holding much hope here.)
What on earth? This is 2011, being a tomboy isn't a personality defining characteristic.

I'm really looking forward to seeing yellow and green in action, seeing as they're basically totally new archetypes for the franchise. A sporty confident big sister type sounds awesome.

Tags
magical girl, shoujo