AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-04-17, 04:15   Link #541
maxblaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post

i heard there isn't going to be a 3rd season tho :/
Try the manga if you want to continue. it will become much more interesting and a little bit serious but still funny and hilarious. i think the season 2 ends at chapter 50 ? maybe near that. by the way it is still ongoing so far there are 180 + chapters
Spoiler for He is about to conquer:
maxblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 15:30   Link #542
Elegance

I recommend Tower Of God(ongoing manwha)
Theres a speck of romance but nothing more. Its more like chasing after the girl, but its quite an interesting story. The beginning happens a bit quickly between the boy and the girl but and will tell you why they were so close as you go on through the story.
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 15:35   Link #543
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I already said that I will recommend you Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, but since the anime is ongoing, I'll suggest you reading the manga version (33 chapters are out currently). The story takes place at school when supernatural phenomenons happens mysteriously. Teiichi Niya is a average schoolboy who meet Yuko, a ghost girl who can't remember of her death. In order to find Yuko's memories, Teiichi decides to create a investigation club. I'll tell you that this manga is a slice of life mystery title, and the romance plays a central role in the story (there's lot of hugging and some groping moments) and the comedy is often present.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 15:34   Link #544
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I found 3 new title that I hear are good reads
http://myanimelist.net/manga/4233/Sensen_Spike_Hills
http://myanimelist.net/manga/966/Me-Teru_No_Kimochi
http://myanimelist.net/manga/19323/Tsumi_to_Batsu

So far all the titles I’ve mentioned have stuff that you liked from death note,WTNHK,onani master etc. So if you haven’t read underdog,eternal Sabbath,GTO,yuutai nova, you should check out those titles along with the new ones.

P.S I second unbalance x unbalance
Old 2012-04-20, 09:25   Link #545
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Just got back from uni

I've read all your suggestions, and i'm very pleased there is still much to occupy my time with;

Last week i had planned that i would have picked up chobits again, and so i will. Sadly, i gotta get back sunday, so i won't be able to do much between these 2 days.

Anyways, thank you for all the mangas you suggested, what i'm surely going to read are:
Underdog
Balance x2
Sensen Spike Hills
eternal Sabbath

I've once watched some episode of GTO, but the artwork felt a bit old to me, no matter how messed is Onizuka. When there is really nothing left, i might give it a try.

As far as Seikon no Qwaser goes, it was the first anime that almost made me indifferent to tits: that's scary. They show boobs all the times that you even get sick of it, lol, it's no more exciting that way :/.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 09:36   Link #546
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

The manga for GTO is soooooo much better
Old 2012-04-20, 09:45   Link #547
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I have already said that you might create your own MyAnimeList account by including non-romance titles (besides Death Note). Also, you are so indifferent to Qwaser, I have no choice but to read the manga : the amount of breasts they show is less than the anime but still, and the story is much more expanded too. The manga version of Holy Knight exists, but the scanlation releases advances so slow (9 chapters are available) and the anime episodes of this aren't out yet. Also, I suggest you re-watching Clannad where there's nothing left.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-20, 10:12   Link #548
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
They show boobs all the times that you even get sick of it, lol, it's no more exciting that way :/.
Maturity brings the realization that mystery is the essence of eroticism.

Edit: I can't believe someone thought this comment was worthy of negrep. Anonymous, of course.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-04-22 at 13:43.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 20:05   Link #549
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

want something more extreme try these four mangas

http://myanimelist.net/manga/18570/Ultra_Heaven

http://myanimelist.net/manga/936/Homunculus

http://myanimelist.net/manga/740/MPD_Psycho

http://myanimelist.net/manga/1929/Old_Boy

very good psychological reads that will fuck with your mind

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-04-21 at 00:38.
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 15:13   Link #550
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Chobits and, as i thought, i felt the romance was... wrong. The only difference between what i had predicted and what actually happened is that the anime showed it in the least dramatic way, making it appear even a happy romance to the eyes of someone.... not to mine tho:
Spoiler for spoilers much:

In its way it was funny and "happy", but as stated above, i totally refuse such idea. I'd rate it 8 or something like that. This title just defies my logic.

Now i'll start reading Underdog

EDIT
Finished reading it (only 8 chapters got translated so far, it looks like :/ ) but i forgot to say that i lately discovered a thing: i hate crybabies. I just can't stand them. They get on my balls, i can't identify myself with such pitiful beings, seriously, so avoid them. To be honest, in the beginning i thought he was cool, but then he revealed to be a crybaby. Other examples of this kind of characters were Yuki from Mirai Nikki (I loved the manga for the wicked character of Yuno), Ganta from Deadman Wonderland, and ... from Aku no Hana. I find them irritating. Getting back to Underdog: i expected it to be more interesting, but it looks like a Mirai Nikki with no crazy enough characters (Comon, Yuno was the craziest and maddest character i've ever seen.... just screwed to the core).

Onani Master's protagonist was fucking awesome: he was kinda cold, reasoning and logic, eventually unlocking his hearth but immediately after sinking into desperation, yet taking responsibility of his actions, without being such a lame kid. That's why such manga was holy successful for me.

Now i'll start some of those titles that got suggested.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-04-21 at 16:55.
Old 2012-04-21, 17:18   Link #551
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Finished watching Chobits and, as i thought, i felt the romance was... wrong.
I suggest you read the last volume of the manga. It has quite a different ending from the anime.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 18:28   Link #552
unlikelyh3ro

Haha! I was almost leary about bookmarking your thread for future reference because everything you mentioned above that you dislike, I like to an extent; however, to my surprise, I have found more anime shows that I never knew existed that I think I will greatly enjoy then the past couple weeks of surfing the internet meticulously for shows like these.

One show in particular that you mentioned is Shuffle! I absolutely could not stop thinking about that show after I finished it. I liked that show a lot!
unlikelyh3ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 20:32   Link #553
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

halfway through Sensen Spike Hills vol2, and i'm enjoying it; it is quite interesting, and i foresee some deeper character development (since they showed everyone's background), but if i were the protagonist, i wouldn't trust much the girl; dunno why, but i found her seriously suspicious, even tho it just looks like 3 friends trying to get into an uni with "other" means. Anyways, it was a good reading so far, i'll continue it tomorrow and next week when i get back.

While writing this post tho, Welcome to the NHK popped up in my mind again, and i remembered there were the novel and the manga version, and since i just wanted more, which do you suggest to read? Does the novel contain more character development and eventually more romance? Is it seriously only 240 pages long? Does the manga loyally follow the story of both the anime and the novel, or shows less? Which did you find more entertaining, in case you read both? Are there any images in the novel, or is it everything left to imagination(that would suck D: ) ? I'm willing to read even both, if they are that good. I just want it back
Old 2012-04-22, 00:21   Link #554
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
While writing this post tho, Welcome to the NHK popped up in my mind again, and i remembered there were the novel and the manga version, and since i just wanted more, which do you suggest to read? Does the novel contain more character development and eventually more romance? Is it seriously only 240 pages long? Does the manga loyally follow the story of both the anime and the novel, or shows less? Which did you find more entertaining, in case you read both? Are there any images in the novel, or is it everything left to imagination(that would suck D: ) ? I'm willing to read even both, if they are that good. I just want it back
In order not to spoil you much, here’s Wikipedia’s little comparison between Welcome to the NHK novel, manga, and anime to help you decide:

Spoiler for NHK comparison:
As far as I can remember, the novel does have some graphics but they’re still minimal. Thus many things are still left for imagination, but to be honest, that’s the nature of novels, right? To let your imagination works .

I, of course, prefer the novel since it was the original source of the story and nothing was cut-out or left-out. Still, if you ask me which one is more entertaining, that would be the manga as it left-out some "disturbing" aspects of the novel for the sake of entertainment. Actually, the anime also left things out from the manga in order for it to be even more entertaining (even though it's further straying away from the original novel). So, take your pick .
Old 2012-04-24, 12:02   Link #555
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

here are more mangas for you to enjoy classified

Holyland
http://myanimelist.net/manga/3285/Holyland I say this the closest thing to onani master but with a different plot.even the protagonist is different from kurosawa but he's still better than the other protagonists you hate like yuuki who get scared shitless every chapter at least this guy has the balls to face his problems head on instead of whining all the time.

Bloody Monday
http://myanimelist.net/manga/5627/Bloody_Monday

Switch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switch_%28manga%29

Wolf Guy - Ookami no Monshou
http://myanimelist.net/manga/12451/W...ami_no_Monshou

Btoom
http://myanimelist.net/manga/20593/ I read first chapter and the protaganist is like another light impersonator

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-04-27 at 01:02.
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 12:09   Link #556
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I'll also add another manga called Kimi no Iru Machi (created by the same author as Suzuka) : it's a realistic romance manga with some unexpected twists. Check the first few chapters yourself and see if you can continue it or not with a judgement.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-27, 10:37   Link #557
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I just got back from uni, and i'll be her till tuesday:

Last week i had started Sensen spike hills, so i guess i'll continue that, but i also felt like i wanted more of WTNHK, so i don't know what will come after. If i manage to resist, i'll delay WTNHK novel/manga some more, so that the desire grows stronger

Now getting again to read, i'll check the other titles you suggested when i finish SSH, because otherwise my attention could be drawn away from the title i'm currently reading, making me eventually drop it for the moment.
Old 2012-04-27, 14:30   Link #558
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

so far which manga have you read besides the ones I've suggested?
Old 2012-04-27, 15:10   Link #559
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

None: I started with Mirai Nikki, and from then on, all the titles i've read have been suggested by you.

Anyways, i just finished chap33 of Sensen Spike Hills, but it looks like the other chapters haven't been translated yet :/ things were just getting interesting, but i still felt like the protagonist was given little depth(while his other two friends actually had some story and reasons behind); he looked like Kinji of Hidan no Aria actually.

Unbalance x2: started it but...
1) i can't fucking remember those names
2) the scans i found are horrible

However, i learnt that it isn't jap people who got the bad habit of naming people with weird names like "yan chun ying" or things like that, but rather korean and chinese peeps. So far, i was actually able to remember japanese names, they were just different from the ones used everywhere, but still quite easy to remember.

All the other titles you suggested are too much on the psychological and on drugs, so i'll be clear here: i don't smoke or drink, but i neither mind people doing so; i'm of the opinion that everyones is free of doing whatever he pleases (as long as it doesn't bother others), so if they wanna smoke, i don't really care and neither i am bothered by these topics: i actually find it quite realistic if such thing is showed (Like in sensen spike hills), and appreciate the effort of showing how reality is, but i still am not into this, so anything related to drugs or centered in that "world" doesn't interest me.

Anyways, those titles didn't seem to have any hint of romance or something like that, and i was barely appealed by one.

As far as Kimi no Iru Machi goes, it really appeals me, but there are only 2 ovas out, so i guess i'll wait for a consistent amount of episodes to come out (Enlighten me, in case those 2 ovas were 1h long and told a good % of the story)

To be honest, i feel like reading/watching something light, of the kind of TWGOK; actually i'll start reading the manga from where the anime ended.

EDIT
On a second thought, i don't really know which chapters immediately follows the 2nd season's end, and there are too many xD

While i wait for your answer, i'll pick on Karin's manga

I noticed that lately i get easily bored with animes; probably because i've already finished the most amusing ones and the remaining titles can't just keep up with the rhythm i had taken.
Old 2012-04-27, 15:24   Link #560
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I heard season 2 ends at chapter 75.you can also check out the other mangas I've listed like btooom ,bloody monday etc