AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-03, 01:28   Link #18641
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

On the monthly manga circuit, I'm now more interested in this and DGM than Claymore. Lord, that series is....

Very nice to see that no one actually died. Kudos to the tension created. But yeah, it would be very easy for Moka to break ranks once the rest catch up to her.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2011-01-03 at 01:40.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 07:15   Link #18642
ShiroiRyu

Claymore is on a bad road ...
But never bad like DMG ...
Rosario + Vampire is my more entertaining monthly shonen for the moment ...
Beside Violinist of Hameln. :s
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 15:47   Link #18643
kitten320

Am re-reading the manga right now and... isn't there an inxonsistency? In the first chapter with Kokoa we see a flashback with Moka fighting Kokoa and saying that she will leave soon to human world in searching for mother... while in this new flashback it is clear that they never fought again after that incidents with Akasha and Akuha...

Are those first memories the fake ones that Rosario had created?
Old 2011-01-04, 17:43   Link #18644
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Am re-reading the manga right now and... isn't there an inxonsistency? In the first chapter with Kokoa we see a flashback with Moka fighting Kokoa and saying that she will leave soon to human world in searching for mother... while in this new flashback it is clear that they never fought again after that incidents with Akasha and Akuha...

Thats hard to say it was never explained weather or not the Rosary held fake memories, however it was only designed to seal away Ura-Moka and her Shinso power as well as seal her memories of her past.

However, it is possible because of the "memories" both Ura and Omote share and how they explain it from each of their points of view.

Omote-Moka explains after reuniting with her younger sister Kokoa that she was going to the human world to see if her mother Akasha lives there.

Ura-Moka however, explains that her mother Akasha, left her when she was a child and destroying all of her photos, diaries and everything that was connected to her.

But both Ura and Omote have the same objective of finding their mother...

But Akua's interference was completely unexpected.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-01-04 at 18:03.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 02:20   Link #18645
Chris38

Well, it hasn't been fully explained what Moka actually remembers from her childhood...

After all, as chapter 37 shown, Moka still knows who Akua is, which probably means that not all of the "memorizes" that we had seen in the flashback to Moka's childhood are contained within the Rosario...

Not to mention, part of Moka's story about who Kokoa is to Moka, have been similar to what really happened in Moka's childhood, which makes me think that only the memories related to Moka's Shinso power's, Alucard and Akasha's "disappearance" have been "removed" from Moka's memory...

Which makes me think that Moka's story about what happened in her past, have been brought up from what Outer and Inner Moka remember about their past, with a little half-truth's hidden their to hide the fact that both Moka's aren't really aware of the circumstances surrounding her transfer to the human world, which based upon the contents of chapter 35, seems to be one of Moka's "weak points" that she doesn't want to remember...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 16:17   Link #18646
kitten320

No, the thing is that flashback with Kokoa shows us the moment where Moka is a bout to leave (the real Moka). But by the new piece of information (real memories), Moka didn't know that she would leave until the last moment and her mother was still around while in flashback with Kokoa her mother is already gone.

Rosario was put on Moka the moment Akasha dissapeared and was never taken since then what means that real Moka simply couldn't be talking to Kokoa after that incident.

The fact that Moka remembers Akuha is because she still has her memories till that point when crisis struck them.
Old 2011-01-05, 16:35   Link #18647
Johnny
Working the bags...

Either Ikeda wrote himself into a plot hole, or those memories were altered...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 18:47   Link #18648
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
But never bad like DMG ...
Rosario + Vampire is my more entertaining monthly shonen for the moment ...
Beside Violinist of Hameln. :s
I'am the other way round love Claymore and I find Rosario + Vampire pretty boring since early in the second season.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 19:47   Link #18649
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Agreed....

Quote:

I am glad I was not the only one who had question marks raised on this subject....

But ftm I am willing to give the mangaka the botd - let's see where the story will go!
Old 2011-01-05, 20:40   Link #18650
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
No, the thing is that flashback with Kokoa shows us the moment where Moka is a bout to leave (the real Moka). But by the new piece of information (real memories), Moka didn't know that she would leave until the last moment and her mother was still around while in flashback with Kokoa her mother is already gone.

Rosario was put on Moka the moment Akasha dissapeared and was never taken since then what means that real Moka simply couldn't be talking to Kokoa after that incident.

The fact that Moka remembers Akuha is because she still has her memories till that point when crisis struck them.
Oh, you mean when Omote-Moka had the flashback of Kokoa and Ura-Moka fighting before Moka left the Shuzen house.

That has to be a "altered" memory or "fake" memory. Akasha did say that her and Moka had to be seperated for now until the day comes when she could tell Moka why she sent her away. Akasha probably implemented those "fake" memories in the Rosary to keep Moka from finding her until the day comes for her to reveal herself.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-01-05 at 20:54.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 02:31   Link #18651
Chris38

Well, I agree that most of Moka's memories regarding her "transfer" to the human world have been altered, though it's not like that really matter's...

The problem is that, based upon the contents of chapter 37, Moka is starting to regain her "real" memories, which judging from how important Akasha is too Moka, definitively won't be a pretty scene...

After all, it's not like Akasha can reappear and explain the reason why she did that, since she sacrificed herself to reseal Alucard, and I think that once Moka learns what really happened in her past, she's not going to take it lightly...

Depending on how things play out, this particular revelation might even cause Moka's Shinso power's to reawaken, though for that to happen I believe that Tsukune's assistance would be required...

After all, Tsukune is Moka's "destined person", and based upon what Akasha said in her last moments, I believe that Tsukune's assistance is needed to completely remove the Rosario and release Moka's "true power"...

I mean that, I'm starting to think that, no matter how weakened the Rosario is, it will keep holding up, unless Tsukune is going to do something (like for example removing the Rosario, in it's current weakened state), that will cause Moka's seal breakdown...

Spoiler for 38:

Last edited by Chris38; 2011-01-06 at 05:06.
Old 2011-01-06, 05:05   Link #18652
GrimJack

The look...

Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-06, 05:24   Link #18653
Chris38

Spoiler for 38:
Old 2011-01-06, 05:39   Link #18654
AlaAlba

Spoiler for 38:
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 05:39   Link #18655
zibi88

Spoiler for ...:
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 05:57   Link #18656
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Spoiler for 38:
Spoiler for 38:

@zibi

Spoiler for 38:
Old 2011-01-06, 06:04   Link #18657
fate2011

I read chapter 38!!

It's sooooooo nice!!!!
fate2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 06:16   Link #18658
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Dammmit, this is one of the reasons I dissapear from this thread. Gonna go hide from spoilers before I accidentally read some and then have to wait for the chapter lol
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 09:20   Link #18659
Tachibana
タチバナ

Spoiler for 38:
Old 2011-01-06, 09:35   Link #18660
Chris38

@Shinso Tsukune

Spoiler for 38:

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire