AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-27, 23:12   Link #41
BANANABANANA
got 米?
*Artist

ooh, i'm looking forward to this. will be on my "to watch" list.

but it looks like the kind of show where my favorite characters always get killed off though
Old 2007-07-27, 23:22   Link #42
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

That is why you should root for the immortal vampire

Altho going out with a bang might be not so bad experience
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-07-30, 08:01   Link #43
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
who care about substance.
this show is all about hot chick, boobs and bigkaboom action.

it s prolly the kind of anime you just watch 1 time then keep on your hard drive to just rewatch the action scenes.

i ll prolly watch it or try to get a few episode just for the technical qualiti of the animation.
Old 2007-08-03, 19:35   Link #44
ghstwrld

Well that was horrible. I'm always up for a balls to the wall, action romp, but this is a cliched mess. They even had the stereotypical "action packed" music playing.
Old 2007-08-03, 22:02   Link #45
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Everything these days is cliche. Looks fun. Another bang bang shoot them up show. Love it.
Old 2007-09-01, 23:22   Link #46
Morph

The Five Killers [Gonin]

I just saw the trailer and trying to find more information about it. So far, I found a site dedicated to the anime in production and ANN's new source.

Anyone got more info on this? It looks pretty badass - GONZO with lots of budget.
Old 2007-09-02, 20:55   Link #47
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I've seen the trailer few weeks back and my initial impression was that it will be another project by Gonzo similar to Afro Samurai -- an english dubbed series that is likely to appear in one of the cable network channel in the N. America. While the animation looked gorgeous for Afro Samurai, the presentation of the voice acting put a dampner to the overall enjoyment of this type of series for me.
Old 2007-11-02, 06:04   Link #48
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
sorry to bump this old thread but any info came up about this show?
has it been aired, planned on being aired of just droped?
Old 2007-11-02, 07:10   Link #49
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Well.. considering the last update for the webpage is August 10th .. Saaaaaaaa...
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-11-02, 07:17   Link #50
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
haha the trailer has "Ready Steady Go" by Oakenfold , nicely done.

seems cheesy and Revesoir dogs-ish tho :/
Old 2007-11-09, 15:37   Link #51
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Thread is kind of old but the first post pissed me off so i stayed away. I will say it looks like its going to suck pretty bad and not because its american or japanese i dont give a rats ass about it. It looks like it going to suck for multiple reasons which others have already pointed out. I most likely will check it out to appease my curosity but thats about it.
Old 2007-11-22, 00:29   Link #52
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
heh, at least you can expect the american to be less lame and uncreative than the japanese and their buckloads of senseless loli harem moe shows I guess.
Quoted for truth.

Made in Japan =/= automatically win.

Made in America =/= fail.

The only reason why American shows fail all the time is because anything that doesn't cater to the least common denominator gets taken off air. Anything that asked the viewer to even think about contemplating about contemplating something deep has always died. America is full of great writers, the problem is that its also full of dumb people who hear in one ear and out the other. In japan people seem more willing to publish controversial ideals...but that doesnt mean that japan doesnt have its fair share of people drooling over recycled ecchi story lines with the same characters in different bodies.
Old 2008-12-27, 14:13   Link #53
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
Err, does anyone know what happened to this project? O_o
Old 2010-01-08, 09:52   Link #54
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Quoted for truth.

Made in Japan =/= automatically win.

Made in America =/= fail.

The only reason why American shows fail all the time is because anything that doesn't cater to the least common denominator gets taken off air. Anything that asked the viewer to even think about contemplating about contemplating something deep has always died. America is full of great writers, the problem is that its also full of dumb people who hear in one ear and out the other. In japan people seem more willing to publish controversial ideals...but that doesn't mean that japan doesn't have its fair share of people drooling over recycled ecchi story lines with the same characters in different bodies.
I'm just now hearing about this so its worth a go. Plus it's a break from the non-stop slew pencil neck, galls jaw, sissy boy anime. Of copy past harem shows that have been flooding the market.
Old 2010-01-08, 14:26   Link #55
gianna
gigi

It'd be nice if more sites gave updates once in a while just to let those anticipating the series know that the projects are still on

The most recent bits I came across is from March and April of last year but it's still something more than the initial news two years prior

Here is a podcast interview for Fictional Frontiers with the script writer George Krstic
ttp://www.fictionalfrontiers.podcastpeople.com/posts/31464

Beginning at twenty two:twenty six

Quote:
Sohaib: Last question Not about Star Wars but about The Five Killers
Krstic: *laughs* Oh you know about that huh
S: Yeah I saw the trailer Fantastic Is it **down the pike Are we gonna see this soon What's going on with Five Killers because I want you - I want everyone to check out your site too which is georgekristic.com You'll see a link to the Five Killers but talk a little about that What's going to happen with that Is it going to be a series because I certainly certainly hope so
K: Yeah there's a great deal of excitement and there a quite a few companies involved right now in trying to get this thing put together It's coming from the people who made Afro Samurai and right now because it's a co production it's like the US and Japanese companies getting together so it's going to take a little bit of logistics but we're hoping to bring this out fairly soon and it's looking like it will probably be a minimum of a twelve episode series and there's also talk of doing a live action feature
**The expression is down the pike but it still sound like he said something different -- anyone correct me

And about the live action -- haven't found anything except for the mention of it being in talks

And then there's this from Junpei Takayama who did illustrations for the trailer

Quote:
I was aked to help out my friend Eric Calderon, who was producing the anime series The 5 Killers being made by Studio Gonzo right now.
ttp://junpeitakayama.blogspot.com/2009/04/5-killers.html

Think we should get some official news this year
Old 2010-01-08, 14:47   Link #56
Adventury
Rail Tracer

Last I heard of it, I believe negotiations had fallen through. If I'm not mistaken this came from Eric's own mouth followed by a palpable sense of dissappointement in how Gonzo handled things. I can´t quite find the source right now but it should be easy enough to find by searching around a bit.
Old 2010-01-08, 15:49   Link #57
gianna
gigi

lol Well then that post may have been a waste
Anyone have that bit of news Adventury mentions or know how long ago it was

Came across this thread where someone is showing to have emailed Krstic just a couple of months ago in November

ttp://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=130360

Quote:
Thanks for your interest – can’t say much at this time, but the project is very much alive. Look for more news in the coming year.

Best,

-GK
Old 2010-01-08, 16:26   Link #58
Scython

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnesis View Post
The trailer reminds me of the movie Collateral. Looks good.
Yeah, that movie uses the same music in a particular 'chase' scene.

The trailer looks good! Somewhere it reminds a me a little bit of 'Phantom of Inferno', same vibes and stuff. Although this series has yet to prove having a decent story and not just over-the-top action sequences for the sake of being badass.
Old 2010-01-08, 16:31   Link #59
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Is this still project still on, this thread is ancient =/ Heck I even forgot about it all together
Old 2010-01-09, 02:38   Link #60
Crontica

Trailer looked epic. The constant bashing shocked me, do you hate blockbuster shows or what? just hope it doesn't tank like Shadow 007.