AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-12, 16:36   Link #301
LeoXiao
思想工作

Is Xin trying to argue that India didn't develop nuclear weapons because of a possible Chinese threat? It would have been pretty idiotic of them to not take the PRC (in addition to other nations in the region) into consideration before deciding to ramp up their bomb project.
EDIT: Building a nuclear bomb isn't simple, there are many prerequisite technologies and developments that have to be completed. For a relatively backwards country like India, building all that up took a long time. They could have stopped along the way (after getting a reactor running, for instance) if the situation called for it.
Old 2013-03-12, 16:57   Link #302
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It's sillier to argue that dual purpose automatically equals actual weapon development, which is what your argument amounts.
Then why is U.S of A is having an cow over Iran's "Peaceful reactor?"

The sources I cited included American interference (tried to lock in Atomic research that made India think America was going to corner nuclear tech and thus keep India backwards. And America has stated they suspected an Indian weapon program since the 1950s. Nearly 12 years before the war with China.

Also, at the same time, U.S was heavily aiding Pakistan since Pakistan claimed to be anti-Communism. (Kind of like Pakistan now claim to be anti-terrorism.)

Heck, one of the sources cited claimed India delve into nuclear weapon research as a matter of national pride. I.E the brown people can build a nuke too!

Quote:
Is Xin trying to argue that India didn't develop nuclear weapons because of a possible Chinese threat? It would have been pretty idiotic of them to not take the PRC (in addition to other nations in the region) into consideration before deciding to ramp up their bomb project.
Sumeragi seem to blame everything China does to be an act of vile evil and everything bad happened ever to be China's fault while absolve any other parties of responsibility.

That is something I cannot accept.
Old 2013-03-12, 17:23   Link #303
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Then why is U.S of A is having an cow over Iran's "Peaceful reactor?"

The sources I cited included American interference (tried to lock in Atomic research that made India think America was going to corner nuclear tech and thus keep India backwards. And America has stated they suspected an Indian weapon program since the 1950s. Nearly 12 years before the war with China.

Also, at the same time, U.S was heavily aiding Pakistan since Pakistan claimed to be anti-Communism. (Kind of like Pakistan now claim to be anti-terrorism.)

Heck, one of the sources cited claimed India delve into nuclear weapon research as a matter of national pride. I.E the brown people can build a nuke too!
Which just shows that nuclear non-proliferation only works when the existing nuclear-armed states are willing to stop it from happening, not when they themselves are aiding those that wish to acquire them.

Quote:
Sumeragi seem to blame everything China does to be an act of vile evil and everything bad happened ever to be China's fault while absolve any other
Actually what was said was "China was the one pushing around India". While this does blame China, it's a statement in direct response to the specific example given, rather than saying "everything is China's fault". Nor did she "absolve" anyone.
Personally I do not care about the details of some disputes over a tiny bit of worthless mountainous land, but not every criticism of the PRC indicates a rabid hatred of China.

Quote:
That is something I cannot accept.
Eh, I've heard worse things from her before.
Old 2013-03-12, 17:32   Link #304
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

North Korea do anything silly today? Most of the American media seem to be ignoring them.
Old 2013-03-12, 17:51   Link #305
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Eh, I've heard worse things from her before.
Like what? Ate the apple of Eden? The assassination of Archduke Fineland? The rise of Hitler?

Quote:
And what border conflicts did Burma and PRC have?
Oh, and to answer that question. Non. The last war between Bejing and Burma ended in 1769. Per China, the other two wars in the 20th century was Mao vs KMT loyalist who decided to use Burma as a base. Whose fault is that?
Old 2013-03-12, 18:00   Link #306
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Like what? Ate the apple of Eden? The assassination of Archduke Fineland? The rise of Hitler?
My point being: stop overreacting.
Old 2013-03-12, 18:22   Link #307
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Oh, and to answer that question. Non. The last war between Bejing and Burma ended in 1769. Per China, the other two wars in the 20th century was Mao vs KMT loyalist who decided to use Burma as a base. Whose fault is that?
Exactly. What does that have to do with the British or India?
Old 2013-03-12, 18:28   Link #308
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
What does these have to do with North Korea?
Old 2013-03-12, 18:33   Link #309
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
What does these have to do with North Korea?
Extension of nuclear deterrence.
Old 2013-03-12, 19:30   Link #310
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Backup.

You asked me about how did China/India got the mutual disputed border.

I said it is because part of it at least was due to India invaded Burma and took Burmese land, causing a mutual border with China.

Then you asked what conflicts China started with Burma. Answer: Non within the last 200 years, except ROC troops who decided to use Burma as a base.

So when you couldn't find another argument for suspected CCP villainy, you come back to a different topic.
Old 2013-03-12, 20:24   Link #311
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
I said it is because part of it at least was due to India invaded Burma and took Burmese land, causing a mutual border with China.
And seems like you're missing the point. For starters:

Quote:
At least part of it was due a British invasion of Burma.
You were talking of the British colony. I was talking of the invasion of Tibet. If PRC hadn't been going around "liberating" the former empire, there would not even be a Sino-Chinese border. Thus, the entire issue started because one side was so nice to actually go about conquering.

But as GenjiChan is saying, we seem to have strayed quite a bit from the original topic.
Old 2013-03-12, 20:32   Link #312
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Rodman: I'm going on vacation with Kim in August

So he is an Under Cover Agent right?
Old 2013-03-12, 20:54   Link #313
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:

Judging by Rodman's past eccentric behavior I believe it, but it is laughably strange nonetheless.
Old 2013-03-12, 21:04   Link #314
Ridwan

Quote:
But as GenjiChan is saying, we seem to have strayed quite a bit from the original topic.
I said that first, but it's being ignored. Perhaps because it offends 97% of this thread's participants.
Old 2013-03-12, 21:11   Link #315
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

Alien, the MiB outted him already.
Old 2013-03-13, 08:12   Link #316
Shay
Monarch Programmer

North Korea Threatens 'Merciless' Retaliation

http://news.sky.com/story/1064052/no...ss-retaliation

Shhhiiiiiiittt!
Old 2013-03-13, 08:14   Link #317
Ridwan

Perhaps they're closing in to civil war territory.
Old 2013-03-13, 08:19   Link #318
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
Regardless, they really need to work on their camouflage...
Old 2013-03-13, 10:52   Link #319
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
I wouldn't lose sleep over it. North Korea know China isn't going to back them up unless America mis-aim their nukes and accidentally bomb a chinese city or something.

The type of fiery propaganda is probably meant for internal consumption only and re-enforce Kim's power.

China had them in the 70-80s, then they tune them down once a lot of Chinese visited overseas and became internationalized, this level of messaging are usually reserved for more mundane stuff now days, like anti-female abortion, War on excessive water usage, and destruction of Japan or something.

But North Korea is still stuck in a time loop, look at how many times they raised a ruckus in the last decade alone.

But that is not saying this is how toothless, as SK/US better be on guard like a attack on Choan, random artillery barrage, or ax murder incidents.
Old 2013-03-13, 11:44   Link #320
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

The are also getting a desperate as well. The old guard in China might still harbor some feelings for their old comrade. But each newer generation of leadership in China and society in general are questioning the country's stance on helping North Korea.

And North Korea knows this, eventually that aid form China is going to be gone.