Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
Don't tell Xellos
already saw it.
Old 2007-10-22, 04:48   Link #762
LynnieS

LOL. I have a couple of Megahouse figures, and they don't have this hairline split so until I see the preorders' images on, say, Amazon Japan, I'm going to hold onto the hope that this was just a bad sample.

Edit 1: Eh. Maybe not... From amiami.com. These make the split look like it's a part of the design, though.

Edit 2: Found this "Akane Susumiya" figure while browsing. Image may not be 100% workplace safe. Also, found this "Princess Crown" figure out in November. It looks like she comes with the purple apple and hambone health power-ups as well as that big sword.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!

Last edited by LynnieS; 2007-10-22 at 05:04.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 23:20   Link #763
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

The figures I have currently.

Maybe NFSW
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...n/P1000620.jpg
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 01:01   Link #764
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Woo! The Max Factory Ayu figure shipped today! Oddly though, HLJ doesn't have it listed anymore on their site... perhaps their stock got killed with just preorders? But that doesn't necessarily warrant the removal of the item's page. They've done this before, like with some of the Nanoha figures, but I still can't figure out why.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 03:29   Link #765
LynnieS

I'm not sure how much stock HLJ keeps on hand... Is their warehouse fairly large? I'm thinking about ordering some stuff from there now like a couple of the "Enterprise" models from "Star Trek".

Back to the topic: I just won an auction for the 2008 C3 "Mia Campbell" resin model from Atalier Sai. It's pretty hard to find now - outside from overseas copies - so I'm happy to have it.

Old 2007-10-23, 11:05   Link #766
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
The figures I have currently.
Spoiler for image:

Quite some Sabers If I see correctly
Got the Alter armored Dark Saber and EB Hyper myself

Only figure we share in our collections seems to be the Kanu Unchou
Old 2007-11-09, 09:34   Link #767
LynnieS

At long last, Amazon Japan finally shipped the "Mylene Hoffman" figure (from "Cyborg 009-1") that was ordered months ago. The figure's arms are slightly too thin relative to the rest of the body, but she's so busty that possibly even Popeye's arms would be thought of as too thin. A small negative is the very thin (but still there) line in the hair where the front and back join together. It's not too bad, though.

I also won TOMO Prepa's "Cornelia Li Britainnia" (from "Code Geass") resin kit at auction earlier. Another kit to wonder when it can be built... But resin model kits can disappear so quickly that unless they are made into PVC figures, it can be hard to find - even at auction.

Warning: Some of the images on the "new-akiba.com" site for the completed "Cornelia" resin model might not be entirely workplace safe... The "Mylene Hoffman" PVC figure is also a bit naughty.

Old 2007-11-09, 10:32   Link #768
Mad Dog
Banned

I need to take a pic of all the figureines i have and post it.
Mad Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 18:27   Link #769
nightengale5385

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
I also won TOMO Prepa's "Cornelia Li Britainnia" (from "Code Geass") resin kit at auction earlier. Another kit to wonder when it can be built... But resin model kits can disappear so quickly that unless they are made into PVC figures, it can be hard to find - even at auction.
I've been lusting over that figure and Suzaku since I seen them on yahoo this summer. I'm curious though about how the parts look since there are a couple more on yahoo and they're quite expensive.

Anyway I finished 2 figures within the last few months(Rei is most recent):
Spoiler:
nightengale5385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 22:06   Link #770
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I haven't bought any PVC figures since the last convention in september >.< There's still a couple I wanna get though, but I just spent 47$ on Girls Bravo manga 1-9 so i'll have to wait now.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 07:00   Link #771
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightengale5385 View Post
I've been lusting over that figure and Suzaku since I seen them on yahoo this summer. I'm curious though about how the parts look since there are a couple more on yahoo and they're quite expensive.
I'll have to get back to you on that. The one "Cornelia" figure is being offered at an expensive price now on Yahoo Auctions; the seller is looking for 21000 yen for it, and getting no takers so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see a PVC made of it, though. The "Code Geass" figures out there have a very clean look, IMHO, to them. There are a couple of other "Code Geass" resin models that look pretty good; CC and Karen, but still a bit pricey at 6000+ yen at "Mandarake".

Your "Rei Ayanami" figure looks excellent, BTW. I always thought the school girl look is better for either Rei or Asuka than the plug suit ones; there was a gothic Asuka kit - and was later turned into a PVC - that was very nice. How long did it take for you to finish "Rei"?

One recent addition is the "Kureha" figure. Very well done, IMHO, with the hair ribbon disguising the very common hairline crack in PVC figures. Its eyes and expression are, I think, the best parts of the figure. I don't really see the paint bits that "super rats" (who writes the "Happy Soda" blog) sees, but he doesn't say where they are...

Old 2007-11-12, 03:35   Link #772
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

First, my Haruhism collection:
Spoiler:
Next, some of my newer figures that I've never posted on this thread:
Spoiler:
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 18:51   Link #773
beamknight87
Gold Saint

I'm also prone to collect figures, but I'm not really familiar with the PVC ones (quite hard to acquire >_<).

Anyways, here are my pride and joy, my Saint Seiya Myth Cloth collection ^^ and some other stuff I have been able to got.

Spoiler for Figures:

Surprisingly, the Myth Cloths paint has not deteriorated, something I was afraid would happen to the Specters and the Bronze Saints. As for the Gundam model kits currently I ran out of space for exhibiting them >_< but oh well...
Currently I'm missing some more Myths, but I hope to get them along with some other Gundams during this Christmas ^^
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 18:58   Link #774
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
I'm also prone to collect figures, but I'm not really familiar with the PVC ones (quite hard to acquire >_<).

Anyways, here are my pride and joy, my Saint Seiya Myth Cloth collection ^^ and some other stuff I have been able to got.

Spoiler for Figures:

Surprisingly, the Myth Cloths paint has not deteriorated, something I was afraid would happen to the Specters and the Bronze Saints. As for the Gundam model kits currently I ran out of space for exhibiting them >_< but oh well...
Currently I'm missing some more Myths, but I hope to get them along with some other Gundams during this Christmas ^^
the Bronze and Spector saints have probably been fighting. That is why they they look like they are deterotiating.
Old 2007-11-13, 18:08   Link #775
Garet Jax

I notice a lot of people keep their figures in the boxes. Do those of you who do that simply have too many to display, or is it to preserve the full value, etc.? Could be both, I suppose!

Here's a nice one I'm looking at: Kinoshita Rumi from something called Pia Carrot. I think it's the prototype, and I also read that Yamoto's quality can be hit or miss, so the final production may of course not be as good. Hopefully, though!
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 18:55   Link #776
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Jax View Post
I notice a lot of people keep their figures in the boxes. Do those of you who do that simply have too many to display, or is it to preserve the full value, etc.? Could be both, I suppose!

Here's a nice one I'm looking at: Kinoshita Rumi from something called Pia Carrot. I think it's the prototype, and I also read that Yamoto's quality can be hit or miss, so the final production may of course not be as good. Hopefully, though!
1. A bit of both, if you are reselling a figure you no longer. it makes it easier to sell it with the original box. I think without the box you lose like half the value of the original.

2. Also some of those have pretty good art. It would be a shame to throw them away.

3. If you move it make easier to have the orginal box available for packing.
Old 2007-11-15, 03:40   Link #777
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Look at who just came in the mail. Desu~.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 11:57   Link #778
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post

Look at who just came in the mail. Desu~.
How did you get this so fast I was one of the first to order form HLJ.
Old 2007-11-15, 13:26   Link #779
GameraBaenre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
How did you get this so fast I was one of the first to order form HLJ.
1: HLJ is currently in the process of moving and won't be shipping things for a few weeks. http://www.hlj.com/news/
2: dodgethis_sg ordered the item from HobbySearch, not HLJ.
3: HLJ has been very slow to process orders for the past couple of months to a year, so most folks try to order from other sources for quicker service.
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 16:19   Link #780
Riza
1st Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to Riza

Riza is offline   Reply With Quote