AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-10-09, 09:17   Link #61
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
As requested, here's the 300 hour guide translated:
The 300 hour guide is actually derived from the 90 hours guide, so I presented here first:
CLANNAD 90 hours walkthrough
90 hours is the official time for finishing the main routes, completing 100% and BGM. But experienced players might be able to do it faster.

Spoiler for section school life:

Spoiler for After Story:

Detailed walkthrough of each routes:
Spoiler for route walkthroughs:

I don't have a detailed walk through for the after story, but here are the choices given, so I'm translating from another place. However if you use the following walkthrough for After Story you'll have to follow MY play order(Fuko->Koumura->Nagisa) and do all the choices exactly as seen in the detailed Nagisa walkthrough above:
As usual, the '*' marked are the essential ones. The rest you can improvise.
Spoiler for after story:

Spoiler for appendix:

I ended up making a new version...Uguu...

谢谢你,大翻译龙.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 09:56   Link #62
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
With 8 DVDs scheduled to be released and with 3 episodes on each volume, that equates to 24 episodes.

Thanks alot boggart, appreciate it
Takuto19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 17:26   Link #63
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

谢谢你,大翻译龙.
Big translation dragon?
Thank you. Unfortunately, dragon in my user name is not pronounced as dragon and therefore cannot be translated this way.

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-10-20 at 12:29.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 13:51   Link #64
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Is the anime planning on going through the story of each of the 5 girls (i think its 5) with Clannad (same way they did Kanon) showing Tomoya's relationship with them all?

Havn't played the game but i'm sure thats how it works.

If it's similar to Kanon then that'll be great heh.
Takuto19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 16:42   Link #65
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takuto19 View Post
Is the anime planning on going through the story of each of the 5 girls (i think its 5) with Clannad (same way they did Kanon) showing Tomoya's relationship with them all?

Havn't played the game but i'm sure thats how it works.

If it's similar to Kanon then that'll be great heh.
Who knows? But from what we've seen, it's likely that KyoAni is going to do something similar to Kanon 2006, where they walk the main route and do different things to have classic events of other characters to barge in the main route.

Episode two is a good proove, and they doubele...triple...quart--, it's more than 8 times than in the original story! (*hint Tomoyo)
Old 2007-10-13, 00:52   Link #66
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Unlike Kanon, CLANNAD is kind of special in the sense that they MUST do everyone's scenario (even the subcharacter's scenarios) in order for the game's ultimate message to make any sense. Everyone's scenario, in a way, plays a role in constructing what will become the true ending, which I'm pretty sure is the ending that Kyoani is aiming for.

Of course, they can botch the thing and just go for the true ending without 100% completion, but that hasn't been Kyoani's style up to this point, and I doubt they'll start now (I hope).
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 23:46   Link #67
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Well it's KyoAni, there's nothing they can't do.
What I think is they're going to put a fast forward scene with every other character's scenario flying pass Tomoya's scene with the lights all gathering at him in AS.
Damn I chopped so many words in order to avoid spoiler, and now the above statement looks like a shounen manga event...those who havn't played the game try not to think too shounen...

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-10-16 at 20:59.
Old 2007-10-16, 18:12   Link #68
Crystal Requiem

Send a message via MSN to Crystal Requiem
Two questions:

1. Where can I download.... A "simple" version of this game for the computer? I mean, I don't want to go out and buy, or order anything, and I'm not asking for any particular links, I just would like to know if that's possible. If not, atleast tell me there's an easy to understand version where I can set it up and play it, and get any english translated text/voices/easy walkthroughs without a 300 hour guide.

2. Is it really worth it? I've gotten it before but I kept encountering problems and finally it just bored me to tears after I got it fixed. If it's really not all that, can I get an estimation on how many CGs there are(since that's what I usually focus on)? I'm pretty sure there are 174 in total, or so I've managed to get my hands on in one place.
Crystal Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 19:16   Link #69
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Requiem View Post
1. Where can I download.... A "simple" version of this game for the computer? I mean, I don't want to go out and buy, or order anything, and I'm not asking for any particular links, I just would like to know if that's possible. If not, atleast tell me there's an easy to understand version where I can set it up and play it, and get any english translated text/voices/easy walkthroughs without a 300 hour guide.
If I remember correctly, there _might_ be a trial version available for download somewhere on the interweb. I know that Key released a trial for the last three of their VNs (planetarian, Tomoyo After and Little Busters!), but I am not 100% if there was one for CLANNAD. In the end, I highly doubt there's an English translation patch for a trial version of this anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Requiem View Post
2. Is it really worth it? I've gotten it before but I kept encountering problems and finally it just bored me to tears after I got it fixed. If it's really not all that, can I get an estimation on how many CGs there are(since that's what I usually focus on)? I'm pretty sure there are 174 in total, or so I've managed to get my hands on in one place.
Hmmm... it seems you might be getting the VN for the wrong reasons if all you want are the CGs. And since you seem to say that you have all of them already, I don't see what your point is.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 20:59   Link #70
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Visual Novels--it's either a hit or a miss. If you don't like it, don't force yourself to play it. You can always find and download CG/music packs if you only want them. There is no simple version of CLANNAD. Unlike the other KEY games, every story of CLANNAD converges into one huge story, so I definitely don't recommend anyone to 'try' visual novel games with CLANNAD. There are shorter, free visual novels out there. If all you want is to read the script, you can go here for an English version: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...?title=Clannad

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-10-20 at 12:30.
Old 2007-10-17, 18:19   Link #71
Crystal Requiem

Send a message via MSN to Crystal Requiem
Quote:
Hmmm... it seems you might be getting the VN for the wrong reasons if all you want are the CGs. And since you seem to say that you have all of them already, I don't see what your point is.
All I was asking is if it was enjoyable enough to acctually get the game. That, and I don't know exactly how many CGs there are, since it seems like one of those games that is constantly getting extra patches added onto it like School Days.

Thank you for the information.
Crystal Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 21:18   Link #72
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

The patches are the translation patches. The original game was released perfect in structure on the very first release. Please believe this: KEY never releases products with quality lower than first-class.
Old 2007-10-19, 23:15   Link #73
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

ok I got a question what options do we have to choose in the game to get a good ending when you first start the game?

and what path am I going this is where Im at?

Spoiler:

Last edited by Raykun; 2007-10-20 at 01:43.
Raykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 03:04   Link #74
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raykun View Post
ok I got a question what options do we have to choose in the game to get a good ending when you first start the game?

and what path am I going this is where Im at?

Spoiler:
You just started, and havn't entered any paths. If you've entered one of the main character's path (Nagisa, Tomoyo, Fuko, Kotomi, Yukine, Kyou), you'll notice that when you save, instead of recording the date and time of save, it'll be the name of that character

Click back a few pages to read my my post about the 300 and 90 hours walkthrough--there contains a detailed walkthrough for each character. Patience, for CLANNAD is a very long game.
Old 2007-10-20, 08:03   Link #75
X207
Gamyūsa

i hav one small question. i havent heard of clannad b4 it was announced to be animated on tv. it seemed interesting to watch.

my question is about that robot? can someone explain it and that girl without spoiling too much for me? ty for those who'll explain it
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 11:01   Link #76
bullrogg

i think this may have been answered before..but why is it called clannad?
bullrogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 12:32   Link #77
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i hav one small question. i havent heard of clannad b4 it was announced to be animated on tv. it seemed interesting to watch.

my question is about that robot? can someone explain it and that girl without spoiling too much for me? ty for those who'll explain it
The answer is no. Any slight information on the phantasm world will result in major spoiler. You can pm me if you want to be spoiled, but that will be the point of no-return for your life.

As for the name CLANNAD, it means 'family' in Irish. Dig around in this forum, I've seen a pretty good explanation around here...
Old 2007-10-20, 13:39   Link #78
chrisl456

Quote:
I can answer that for you.

BS-i initially had the rights to broadcast the show in HD 16:9 goodness. However, TBS is the parent company of BS-i and were allocated the premiere. Since TBS don't broadcast in 16:9, KyoAni had to crop the anime to fit TBS specs. I'm not sure if they screen HD either.

However, with that being said, two other channels will also be broadcasting CLANNAD in between the wait from TBS and BS-i. MBS will screen CLANNAD on 14th October at 1:55am and CBC will screen on the 18th October at 3;20am (first broadcast time - regular = 2:50am).

The thing is, MBS may screen a downscaled SD broadcast in 16:9 - if Shana II is of any indication. We shall wait to find out.
Any update on 16:9 versions of Clannad? Unless I missed it, all the releases so far are 4:3 SD.
chrisl456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 13:40   Link #79
bullrogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post

As for the name CLANNAD, it means 'family' in Irish. Dig around in this forum, I've seen a pretty good explanation around here...
oookay..specifically this thread or..like in the other ones?
bullrogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 13:53   Link #80
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrogg View Post
oookay..specifically this thread or..like in the other ones?
Not in this thread, or else I'd have pointed you towards it...Look for those with many pages...