AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-05, 17:42   Link #1
Nerroth
NePoi!

Fate/Extra and Fate/Extra CCC (PSP RPGs)

Fate/Extra is an RPG set for release in Japan on the 22nd of July for the PlayStation Portable - its official website is at this link.

It looks like you play as either a Male or Female Protagonist (new characters.. or rather, new placeholders for the person playing the game to operate) and run through what seems to be a Grail War set up in some underwater Tron-like environment. (whether it actually is such, or something else entirely, I'm not quite sure about.)

It also seems to have other new, or re-worked characters - such as a rival Master called Leo (who looks a bit like a blond Waver Velvet) and new versions of Rider and Caster.

Indeed, Lancer (who seems to be partnered with Rin this time around) looks very Tron-ish, while Saber has been re-worked design-wise - and will get a limited-run Figma model sold as part of a special edition of the game.

So far, there's no word on if/when it will be licenced in the West, or if such a Western release (if ever) would be downloadable only (like Fate/Unlimited Codes) or also released as a UMD.

Oh, and there's a trailer, too.

And a 'fun site kit'.

Last edited by Nerroth; 2012-10-08 at 11:14.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 04:28   Link #2
Jarmel

Well this confirms that I hate the new character designs.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 18:35   Link #3
Nevflinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Well this confirms that I hate the new character designs.
Seconded.

Saber...Saber...what have they done to you?
Poor lass, victim of brutal fanservice...
Old 2010-01-06, 19:05   Link #4
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

It looks terrible :P
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 19:26   Link #5
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

How does it look terrible? It looks like a lot of fun. Nasu himself is overseeing it. It's an alternate universe, so there is no need to get uptight about how some characters are different. In fact, that Saber isn't even the Saber from F/SN. It's not Arturia.

Seriously, give one good reason why the game can be judged as bad before you even play it. The gameplay looks fantastic (what game following in Persona 3's footsteps wouldn't), the story is completely different and intrigues me greatly. It's like F/SN meets Digital Devil Saga.

I love that you can wind up with more than just Saber. I can't wait to have Archer as my Servant.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 20:09   Link #6
Nerroth
NePoi!

Over on BL, it's said that this Saber has a new seiyuu, it seems - Tange Sakura.

Also, apparently the new Caster is voiced by Chiwa Saitou, Leo by Romi Paku and the new Kuzuki guy (seemingly not Souichirou) is Hatano Wataru.

EDIT: More pics of the limited edition Figma model.

Last edited by Nerroth; 2010-01-06 at 20:22.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 04:22   Link #7
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Hmm. Might have to get the LE to go with my Lily and other Saber Figmas.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 16:50   Link #8
DarkLordOfkichiku

Hmm, heard about Fate/Extra a while ago and was a bit surpised at it all. So far I can't quite say that I'm terribly impressed though. The character designs... This Saber looks quite different from the original Saber - far less regal, somehow, but if this Saber isn't Arturia, I suppose that can be forgiven.

Wonder which heroes these are though. That pirate-girl might be Anne Bonny - or at least that's my guess. As for the others... We'll see, I guess.

Oh, and according to the Type-Moon wiki page on Fate/Extra, the Player Character'll be able to choose which servant will be his/her sevrant out of these three: Saber, Lancer and Caster. Is this correct?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 23:01   Link #9
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Oh, and according to the Type-Moon wiki page on Fate/Extra, the Player Character'll be able to choose which servant will be his/her sevrant out of these three: Saber, Lancer and Caster. Is this correct?
No, it's not. Lancer is Rin's servant in EXTRA. The three you can get are Saber, Caster, and Archer.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 15:09   Link #10
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Well, if it's following Persona 4's style and is an alternate universe, maybe it won't be that bad... I wonder what the story could possibly be though. You still have Rin and Archer and Shinji and Sakura and Lancer but not other familiar faces...
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 04:04   Link #11
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Am I the only one who think the female protagonist looks like Aoko (The design of her in Mahou Tsukai no Yoru)?
sona-nyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 21:07   Link #12
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSelfDestruct View Post
No, it's not. Lancer is Rin's servant in EXTRA. The three you can get are Saber, Caster, and Archer.
Thanks for that

Oh, and here's a page that those interested in Fate/extra may be somewhat interested in: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iCnzf-y60c...fate-extra.jpg
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 13:03   Link #13
Nerroth
NePoi!

The official site has been updated - not least with this:

There's a page about the game up here, too.
Old 2010-04-28, 13:54   Link #14
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Oh yeah... I really hope there is a english patch for this one.

From the looks of it, they did some character make over. All we need now is a translator to understand what the hell the page says.

It looks like Persona, to be honest... Believe me, that is enough to make it appealing to me. It being Fate is just icing on the cake.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 14:08   Link #15
GDB

I like what appears to be a leveling and customization feature. If this ends up in english (patch or licensed), I'd actually strongly consider buying a PSP for it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 02:23   Link #16
ShadowRift
Aku O Tatsu Tsurugi

Uh is it just me, or are those Aoko and Touko in that second gameplay trailer around the one minute mark?
ShadowRift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 02:53   Link #17
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRift View Post
Uh is it just me, or are those Aoko and Touko in that second gameplay trailer around the one minute mark?
No, that's them. The two Aozoki sisters in one room and they're not trying to kill each other. Just try not to think to hard about it.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 04:50   Link #18
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Prediction: The new Saber is Joan of Arc.

On another note, I think the gameplay will be fun. Though since it's Fate, I can see a good deal of text happening. Then again, I might be wrong on both guesses.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 11:57   Link #19
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Prediction: The new Saber is Joan of Arc.
Would make sense, since her sword is definitely NOT Excalibur.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 17:53   Link #20
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Would make sense, since her sword is definitely NOT Excalibur.
Yeah, but it also doesn't look like anything Joan of Arc would have, and she's wearing a dress (and one that suggests that the owner is pretty wealthy, at that...).

There is no evidence whatsoever for it being her, other than some vague assertion by a guy who was certifiably insane that she looked a bit like Saber. Until we get something more conclusive than that, I'm gonna assume it's not her, because what she's wearing and the sword she's using simply doesn't fit with Joan of Arc.

Personally, I just think it's an AU Saber (the way the game is set up, that isn't hard to achieve). After all, Lancer and Archer are there, and I don't see the writers missing out the most popular character of the whole franchise.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps vita, psp