AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-17, 20:47   Link #1201
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Each lvl 5 is basically a walking army.

But the main force of academy city is technology and artificial angels.
Old 2010-08-17, 21:30   Link #1202
pampz21
ShipCore

Toumas awalking a.bomb!normal would a person threat be able to go US DEFCON 3....thats already involves missles and army and its only Touma if you combine Accel and Aqua ull see a the worlds strongest team! btw if you add all the kamijou faction! its the end of the world!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-08-17, 21:32   Link #1203
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
As far as defenses go, Mikoto has...

- Collecting metal objects/particles to form a solid wall.

- Vaporizing projectiles

- Immunity to electricity

- Some way of preventing wind attacks (?)

- "spider sense"

I don't remember Mikoto doing something like that, Mugino can do that.

Inmunity to electricity maybe but I remember Accelerator reflected Misaka Imouto electrical esper(magic has a different set of laws) attacks back to her. Maybe it won't work on her because she is on a higher level and is the strongest electromaster.

Preventing wind attacks, no, she couldn't with Accelerator wind manipulation and Accel isn't a wind user.

The "spider sense" may can work only with metal objects or machines which works with electricity.

PS: Surfing around some forums and found on one of them users claiming Mikoto can defeat Acqua because his attacks are only water based =_=;;
Old 2010-08-17, 22:31   Link #1204
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

I don't remember Mikoto doing something like that, Mugino can do that.

Inmunity to electricity maybe but I remember Accelerator reflected Misaka Imouto electrical esper(magic has a different set of laws) attacks back to her. Maybe it won't work on her because she is on a higher level and is the strongest electromaster.

Preventing wind attacks, no, she couldn't with Accelerator wind manipulation and Accel isn't a wind user.

The "spider sense" may can work only with metal objects or machines which works with electricity.

PS: Surfing around some forums and found on one of them users claiming Mikoto can defeat Acqua because his attacks are only water based =_=;;
Lol aqua of all people, that man take on stronger opponents as he gets weaker

And no her electromagnetic radar would work on anything so long they block the signal impulses she emit.
Old 2010-08-18, 03:08   Link #1205
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I recall the scene from vol 8 where the heat of Mikoto's railgun attack vaporized the other espers' projectile before they even reach her- however those projectiles were wooden stakes. As for the wind users, the force of her railgun blew away anything that those weaker espers could muster.
Old 2010-08-18, 05:23   Link #1206
tsunade666

Quote:
I lolz terribly at this. Oh great mighty super man

Mikoto use thunder bolt

It's super effective

Aqua activated saint mode

it's overhax

mikoto dead

Mikoto can't vaporize incoming attack though maybe she could if she wraps herself with lightning but the heat she's creating would herself too so NO she can't

Mugino isn't the type to defend. she's the type to attack.

Mikoto is limited on 3 consecutive railgun shot but Mugino isn't limited on her meltdown.

If it's fire power Mugino > Mikoto though that's only in middle range battle if it comes to area of effect and long range. Mikoto can just summon lightning bolts on a massive range and massive area of effect to toast her opponents.

But like hell that could effect the high level magicians.
Old 2010-08-18, 17:15   Link #1207
Pyromania

Quote:
Mikoto can't vaporize incoming attack though maybe she could if she wraps herself with lightning but the heat she's creating would herself too so NO she can't
Mikoto has shown the capability of doing this several times in the manga (/anime).

- With the ice attacks from the AIM Burst monster, to IMPRESSIVE effect (when protecting Uiharu)

- The ceramic explosive fragments that Frenda used (these were from an explosive she didn't even turn her head to see, so it was kind of like someone shooting a shotgun at her with non-magnetic bullets from point-blank range).
Old 2010-08-18, 17:40   Link #1208
Miraluka
Banned

- More than vaporozing it was just blasting them away with electricity.

- Those explosives can be felt by Mikoto's electromagnetic field as you said before acting as a radar.
Old 2010-08-18, 17:54   Link #1209
Pyromania

I was just referring to her vaporizing them (which is what she did), not auto-vaporizing them (although that would be cool)
Old 2010-08-18, 20:34   Link #1210
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Auto-vaporizing kinda implies vaporizing so fast you think its auto , since all ESPer abilities are higher cortical functions ie non-autonomic ie not "automatic".

Misaka just might be as good as Accelerator in that aspect.
Old 2010-08-19, 06:53   Link #1211
giorno

by auto-vaporization i think they meant something like accel's AIM defence, which misaka doesn't have and probably can't have either...
Old 2010-08-19, 07:17   Link #1212
tsunade666

what misaka as good as accelerator? in what aspect can ant and a t-rex be the same?
Old 2010-08-19, 10:05   Link #1213
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
by auto-vaporization i think they meant something like accel's AIM defence, which misaka doesn't have and probably can't have either...
Every espers have a aim field, some are far more concentrate than others, in thery gemstones have the greatest aim aura of all, that havent help Aisa get killed by Args Magna or Gunga get his ass handed to him.

So even high concentration AIM Fields espers pale to accelerator own aim field.
Old 2010-08-19, 10:17   Link #1214
Not Random
看著看著你來來去去

I thought gemstones are just to describe people who were born with powers. I'm pretty sure Touma's a gemstone, and I don't really think he emits any AIM due to IB.

Anyway, Misaka is strong but Accelerator is in a whole different league. Until Misaka develops a defence along the lines of automatic reflect, she isn't really auto-vaporizing as much as she has a really fast reaction time.
Old 2010-08-19, 10:29   Link #1215
Phibrizzo
Honos628

A Gemstone is the term used to describe an ESPer who was born with their powers. There are few of them in the world and many aspects of their powers can't be described using scientific methods. In difference with artificially developed ESPers the gemstones emmits larger amounts of AIM field from their bodies.

Kamijou Touma doesn't belongs to this group because his powers are not AIM based. A member of the Academy City board of directors, Kaizumi Tsugutoshi, once had a conversation with a helper he hired from Kamijou Touma's school (Kumokawa Seria (雲川芹亞)), and came to the conclusion that the Imagine Breaker is not a gemstone and is probably something beyond their understanding.
Old 2010-08-19, 10:32   Link #1216
Ashaman

Yeah, Gemstones refer to natural born Espers, though Touma isn't one, apparently.

And don't be unfair to Gunga. He only got his ass handed to him by someone so hax that Accel was out hax'd.

Accel's AIM is literally his body. It extends maybe a few milimetres from his skin. Misaka's is larger and produces a Magnetic field around her. It may or may not be the source of her radar thing.
Old 2010-08-19, 10:44   Link #1217
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Every espers have a aim field, some are far more concentrate than others, in thery gemstones have the greatest aim aura of all, that havent help Aisa get killed by Args Magna or Gunga get his ass handed to him.

So even high concentration AIM Fields espers pale to accelerator own aim field.
Uh, Aureolus Izzard and Aurrelus are two different people.

Aureolus Izzard = an alchemist who tried to kill Aisa Himegami with Ars Magna before Touma stopped it

Aurrelus = a strong magician who defeated Gunha after a misunderstanding

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-08-19, 10:48   Link #1218
tsunade666

Misaka's magnetic field is the source of her radar thing. Anything that enters her aim field would be detected. And Misaka isn't called strongest artillery esper for nothing.

Accelerator can fight anyone who enter his range but that's mostly close to mid range battle. Accelerator needs to enter a certain mode to fight on long range battle but that one is also destroyed too.

As for misaka she is build for long range battle. This girl doesn't even know fist fight or know hand to hand combat. Once you enter melee range and her electricity isn't effective she's almost doom if her opponent is an expert. But this lucky girl is lucky because only few can withstand her attacks. As long as those few or normal doesn't enter a new category of power they are good as roasted meat.

EDIT: Maybe Phibrizzo already knew that but those two are both gemstones and their massive concentrated aim field doesn't help them to survive their enemy at all.
Old 2010-08-19, 10:48   Link #1219
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I never say it was the same person, just that both gemstone which suppose have a strong aim got their asses handed to them by magic.
Old 2010-08-19, 10:54   Link #1220
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Academy City relies on their artificial angels not on espers.
Which they only have one but seeing how it performed....

Quote:
that's why I'm saying if it's a fight. Pick a fight with mugino!!! or the other level 4. But not the rank 1 or 2 of science side. That's just no fun at all.
Tsk...the Queen would be better. Hell she could technically pwn everyone short of no1 and 2 seeing how they haven't faced telepaths of that level before...dammit. she seriously needs more screen time

Tags
fantasy, shounen