AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 18 21.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 26.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 12.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 24.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 8.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.61%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-09, 08:26   Link #101
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I mean yes these guys could be considered superhuman and such but if one of my partners or friends was lying in a large pool of blood I'd be more focused on finishing the fight than preaching the hundredth time about morals.
Oh god, THIS. At one point in a previous episode, Tsuchimikado was writhing in pain on the floor, yet Touma just stood there doing nothing but lecture the villain for about five minutes. What is wrong with that kid? It's fine to preach, but not when your friends and the whole city are in danger. Render the villain harmless first, preach later. Even Naruto's got that kind of common sense.
Old 2011-01-09, 08:28   Link #102
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

If you actually notice, the pool of blood coming from Styl gets slowly bigger and bigger whilst Touma's preaching....
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 08:34   Link #103
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But Laura blowing the airplane door and sacrificing the pilot. Now that's hardcore.
What do you expect, she's a Protestant:

They're the kinda jerks who asks a five year old little girl "have you ever lied", and when she innocently answer "yes" they SCREAM AT THE FIVE YEAR OLD CHILD "YOU"RE GOING TO HELL!!" Not caring that their sreams of hate would do more to traumatize an innocent child than to save her soul.

Perceived results is what a Protestant cares about, not the methods nor what they actually lead to.
Old 2011-01-09, 09:39   Link #104
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
What do you expect, she's a Protestant:

They're the kinda jerks
who asks a five year old little girl "have you ever lied", and when she innocently answer "yes" they SCREAM AT THE FIVE YEAR OLD CHILD "YOU"RE GOING TO HELL!!" Not caring that their sreams of hate would do more to traumatize an innocent child than to save her soul.

Perceived results is what a Protestant cares about, not the methods nor what they actually lead to.
Sigh...
I'm starting to get there is something seriously wrong with you when something is related to religion if you didn't noticed yet, she gives a damn about the religion and the peace, she isn't a religious but a machinator afterall she is the one who made a nightmare of Index, Styil, Kaori and Aureolus's lives.
Maybe the anime omitted this line but Stiyl describes her:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikia
She might sound simple and irresponsible, but behind her smile lies a cold and calculating personality, with Stiyl mentioning she does things on both ends of the scale that it balances out to the point where it's impossible to tell whether she's good or evil as she is described as "no one is better than her in manipulating human feelings, rationality, interests, ethics, and necessary values" and "the hidden dragon among magicians, she’s somehow able to get to the top, and it’s not done cheaply." . An example of this is Laura being the one who designed the "John's Pen" mode of Index and lied to people that Index must get her memory erased every year, as a attempt to maintain control of the grimoire library Index holds. She does as many good things as she does evil things. On the balance of good and evil, she’s keeping an intricate balance.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 10:11   Link #105
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Hell if you think about it, Laura is not even that fanatical about religion. She's more of a politician...

Quote:
If you actually notice, the pool of blood coming from Styl gets slowly bigger and bigger whilst Touma's preaching....
I loled....
Old 2011-01-09, 10:16   Link #106
pikachuwei

good look at the windowless building =D

looks very futuristic with all these glowing lines across it, though i cant figure out what they are.... they obviously cant be "windows" can they
Old 2011-01-09, 10:20   Link #107
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
good look at the windowless building =D

looks very futuristic with all these glowing lines across it, though i cant figure out what they are.... they obviously cant be "windows" can they
reinforcement beams like the HK Bank
Old 2011-01-09, 10:24   Link #108
klare

the usual routine to end the fight, Oriana looks like an experience fighter, but she went down after the second Touma Tyson Punch? but since this happens everytime, we can assume Touma's body is much tougher than other humans, no big deal

the way the ceremonial failed is unbelieveble, that sister Lidvia must be very lazy to even do simple research or planning

somehow the plane scene is the most interesting part of the whole arc, apart form Oriana's teasing dialogs...
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 10:26   Link #109
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

@Wilfriback

I was merely quoting from a horrific event that I personally witnessed on a Sunday afternoon.

The poor little kid was crying and screaming, TEARS and all, and all he kept on shouting was "repent, and Jesus shall save your soul from eternal damnation" while waving the weapon that he called a Holy Bible at what a saner person would realize is an innocent toddler.

But on a side tangent: Does anyone else suspect that the author of this franchise is an (very well read and researched) agnostic/athiest (or at least, Buddhist/Shintoist) who also has a low opinion of the Judeo Christian faith?

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2011-01-09 at 10:42.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 10:58   Link #110
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
@Wilfriback

I was merely quoting from a horrific event that I personally witnessed on a Sunday afternoon.

The poor little kid was crying and screaming, TEARS and all, and all he kept on shouting was "repent, and Jesus shall save your soul from eternal damnation" while waving the weapon that he called a Holy Bible at what a saner person would realize is an innocent toddler.
You didn't quoted until now.

Mmm... I guess you at least stopped him/them instead standing there in the crowd while staring how he/they keeps bothering the little girl, right?
If not, there is no difference between someone who acts and someone who allows the act.

Quote:
But on a side tangent: Does anyone else suspect that the author of this franchise is an (very well read and researched) agnostic/athiest (or at least, Buddhist/Shintoist) who also has a low opinion of the Judeo Christian faith?
Check the first chapter of the vol. 11 if you want to get an idea of the author through Orsola's character.
Old 2011-01-09, 11:15   Link #111
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
You didn't quoted until now.

Mmm... I guess you at least stopped him/them instead standing there in the crowd while staring how he/they keeps bothering the little girl, right?
If not, there is no difference between someone who acts and someone who allows the act.
Well, being the bad tempered guy that I am, I did try to smash the bastard's teeth out, but my friend pulled me back from doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Check the first chapter of the vol. 11 if you want to get an idea of the author through Orsola's character.
What do I type on google to find a good translation?
Old 2011-01-09, 11:17   Link #112
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Well, being the bad tempered guy that I am, I did try to smash the bastard's teeth out, but my friend pulled me back from doing so.

What do I type on google to find a good translation?
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...me11_Chapter_1
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 12:51   Link #113
Miraluka
Banned

Even as a girl did so in the same situation intelligent persuasion without using force and causing a scandal. Believe me, their will sinks down when they're facing the scandal.

Try Baka-Tsuki that volume is already translated by Teh Ping.
Old 2011-01-09, 20:11   Link #114
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I expected a lot more from the episode, but its problems pale before how terrible this arc was, and quite honestly the only positive thing remaining in this show is the fan-service (Seiri/Oriana) ... and Himegami

In short, what happened during these couple of months was a bunch of guys were looking for a sword, which was a cross, which turned to be person carrying, only she didn't, and then find a place, where they have an epic battle, to utterly fail, but be saved by coincidental fireworks Give a fucking break
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 20:44   Link #115
Primary Consult

The more I think about it the more it seems the fireworks couldn't have been coincidental. Would Crowley really allow something that dangerous to come that close to ruining his setup without an ace in the hole? The city scheduled the fireworks for the precise optimal moment for the cross to activate, so there was never any risk.

As for the purpose of the arc: Yes Oriana was the decoy for Touma and co, but its probable that Team Touma was intended to serve as the decoy for Lidvia, while improving his combat skills (and preaching). If they went about their business unchallenged they would have thought something was up and perhaps realized the fireworks plan.

And Styl's injuries... the city doc has fixed far worse. Perhaps Touma feels his preaching is valuable in that it would have the effect of preventing the same from happening to others. Styl had just pissed him off too, so something that takes him out of battle temporarily would be nice.

I do agree several of his speeches in this arc were badly timed and seemed like they should have been 'argue while fighting' speeches but, meh. That's To Aru Majutsu no Index for ya.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 22:06   Link #116
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That's an interestings way to look at things- The super-best-friends as decoys/distraction themselves... So was the fireoworks a coincident? Or could Crowley actually manage to alter it's timing after he heard about the cross from Tsuchimikado or even Laura? Remember that initially none of them knew what the artifact really was or how it was activated until the last hour.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 22:39   Link #117
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

I give it a 9.

Touma x Stiyl attack Oriana was a lol. But two punches against one was awesome. However, Stiyl tripped and fell on the floor was an EPIC FAIL! xD

Another awesome part is that Touma punched Oriana hard in face in an epic angle with a scary feeling when an airplane fly above him.

In this arc, yeah, both Oriana and Lidvia were well-planned and well-prepared. No wonder it made an entire situation became problematic throughout this arc. With such a twist.

Also, a part when Touma was panic in a short period of time while checking his cell phone before Lidvia's plan come true, it scared me. But, when a fireworks fired into the skies of Academy City, it was unexpectedly surprised. Dang, this part was very well done. Haha. Looks like she has fell for it. Seems like she made an attempt was well-planned, yet in a wrong time. xD

Well, since Oriana was abandoned by Lidvia, she has to join and work for the Necessarius. +1 new member for Necessarius~!
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 23:30   Link #118
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I expected a lot more from the episode, but its problems pale before how terrible this arc was, and quite honestly the only positive thing remaining in this show is the fan-service (Seiri/Oriana) ... and Himegami

In short, what happened during these couple of months was a bunch of guys were looking for a sword, which was a cross, which turned to be person carrying, only she didn't, and then find a place, where they have an epic battle, to utterly fail, but be saved by coincidental fireworks Give a fucking break
yes, truth is this wasn't really the greatest arc with a story. I knew the story so i literally mainly watched it for the comedy. The wild goose chase was long. But i know the next arc is action and story. NO WILD GOOSE CHASING!
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 23:49   Link #119
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I have you know that some people happen to like chase scenes while on cellphones.

When I was reading the novel, I had pictured an episode of '24' going through my mind.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 00:03   Link #120
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I have you know that some people happen to like chase scenes while on cellphones.

When I was reading the novel, I had pictured an episode of '24' going through my mind.
.... or The Matrix .

BTW, when this so-so arc started I was like:

But then, when it finally ended...

I put my rapist/psycho face waiting for the next arc.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-01-10 at 00:19.