AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-20, 04:58   Link #1341
JokerD

To be fair, if he jumped ship at the first sign of temptation, he would be worst than scum in my eyes... At least Sakura has not given him a reason to hate her.... yet.

Last edited by JokerD; 2009-11-20 at 04:58. Reason: spelling
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 07:33   Link #1342
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Hmm, can I ask where you guys are watching 8th from?
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 07:57   Link #1343
Mentar
Banned

The REAL relevance of ep8 in my book:

Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 09:51   Link #1344
Exellon_Nanoha
nanoha fangirl

Um, can I please request a gif made from ep 7 of kampfer were Akane is shooting her gunvup in her pj's, its at 18:58 seconds I think, thankyou very much~
Exellon_Nanoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 14:13   Link #1345
FlashFumo
Wait, what?

Haven't seen episode 8 yet. D:
Could someone post the eyecatch?
FlashFumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 01:42   Link #1346
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Hmm well this episode was a nice surprise, but I'm not won over yet, not even close. Oh Natsuru...*facepalm* I will rescind the idea of being more expository....with Natsuru at least...

@Mentar:
Miria= Shizuku? I don't see it, but okay. I might be proven wrong later.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 04:05   Link #1347
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
@Mentar:
Miria= Shizuku? I don't see it, but okay. I might be proven wrong later.
The resemblances I see:

o Very smart and levelheaded

o Concentrated on the big picture

o Motivated by a drive for personal revenge

o Strongest fighter in their group

o Most experience by far

These should be uncontested. The next ones include my readings, but I think there are sufficient bits of evidence to support these conclusions:

o Accepted as inofficial leader (at least, they were willing to accept her directions)

o Extending protection to other group members, trying to keep them alive (this one may be questionable to you, but her intervention to stop the Mikoto fight is indicative: Stopping the fight and having them untransform. Or her fending off of Rika)

Naturally, there are various differences too. Miria is deadpan serious, while Shizuku is mischievous-playful, for example. But her roles in the big picture look very similar to me.

Last edited by Mentar; 2009-11-21 at 11:01. Reason: typo fix
Old 2009-11-21, 06:55   Link #1348
Lummie

Some free avy's
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 13:13   Link #1349
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Thank you Lummie, they are nice.
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 19:24   Link #1350
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post

Some free avy's
very nice avies lummie. i though such facial expressions for shizuku were highly unlikely. she looks even better when she acts normal without that usual hint of thinking of the next way to pick on natsuru.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 20:13   Link #1351
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

oh my freaking god. i wanted to burn something during this. perhaps its because i haven't watched a show with a dense protag in a while.. but seriously, this takes it to a new level. like i understand the crush aspect where he likes her for no apparent reason, but when theres so many other possibilities, it pains me.

Mikoto won this ep, Shizuka comes in second for her efforts.

omg. next ep is swimsuit ep.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 21:23   Link #1352
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
oh my freaking god. i wanted to burn something during this. perhaps its because i haven't watched a show with a dense protag in a while.. but seriously, this takes it to a new level. like i understand the crush aspect where he likes her for no apparent reason, but when theres so many other possibilities, it pains me.

Mikoto won this ep
Yeah....but as you've seen, his mind is Kaede centralized, but we're seeing a little glimmer of hope in the clouds a that he can be deterred. That's something right? Seriously though, Mikoto's tears should have woken him up. She is pretty darn awesome.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 22:33   Link #1353
Kait

Really nice episode ^^ and the next one looks even better ( White Kampfer finally appear )

Oh yeah ... it looks like Mikoto released that Shizuku already kissed Natsuru .

p.d: Who`s that girl with the Violet Hair and the Bunny ears ??
Kait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 22:36   Link #1354
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

omg Natsuru that bastard as if not be satisfied after going on a date with Shizuka I feel so sorry for Shiizuka.... Man he should seriously consider dumping sakura and go for Shizuka what a dumbass.....
Old 2009-11-21, 22:40   Link #1355
Clarste
Human

I kind of think of Natsuru's density as karmic justice. Shizuku's feelings may be honest, but you can't deny that she made a pretty bad first impression on him and even her actions after that have always been as a "manipulator". It's no surprise that he takes nothing she says at face value and can't even imagine the idea that she seriously likes him. She dug her own grave here.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 22:48   Link #1356
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
this eps makes me so angry/jealous !!!! , I know this is the creator's trap on virgin nerd like me but I still fall for it , ANGRY ANGRY JEALOUS JEALOUS

What does Luke & Natsuru both have in common?

yeah the famous Falcon Punch, and both got it for unknown reasons too (for them)

tough to be guy in anime, sigh.

and Kampfer Akana = I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse , literally
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 23:15   Link #1357
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kait View Post
p.d: Who`s that girl with the Violet Hair and the Bunny ears ??
Apparently it's an anthropomorphized version of Seppuku Black Bunny (listen to the eyecatch voice). Goes to show you what not having your intestines hanging out does for appearance.
vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 00:30   Link #1358
Wrath88
Kissing...

LOLz, I saw the comment on tokyotosho for the latest gg release, claiming Mentar is trying to tickle the release out of him.

Human version of Seppuku bunny? That seriously looks out of place.
Old 2009-11-22, 00:41   Link #1359
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kait View Post
Oh yeah ... it looks like Mikoto released that Shizuku already kissed Natsuru .
Kissed him twice, by now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I kind of think of Natsuru's density as karmic justice. Shizuku's feelings may be honest, but you can't deny that she made a pretty bad first impression on him and even her actions after that have always been as a "manipulator". It's no surprise that he takes nothing she says at face value and can't even imagine the idea that she seriously likes him. She dug her own grave here.
Which just means she'll have a bigger handicap to overcome ... and which makes it more fair overall. Besides, it's not like he'd be getting any other girl either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
LOLz, I saw the comment on tokyotosho for the latest gg release, claiming Mentar is trying to tickle the release out of him.
Koda's a she. Most of the time at least, she can also turn neuter when she goes into firebreathing dragon mode. I was asking her which part of her I needed to tickle for her to finally get the friggen ep out (since I knew it was already translated and timed), and that was obviously too much stimulation for her to handle
Old 2009-11-22, 00:54   Link #1360
Nemesis

it was absolutely funny how this episode indicates why Shizuku might never get Natsuru.He's too cautious of her.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, genderbender, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen