AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 41 21.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 29.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 12.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 5.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.06%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.53%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-08, 15:33   Link #121
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
Kanade makes her own leet skills to become stronger than every1 else!
Actually...this kind of bothers me. They know she's been making her skills. Why isn't anyone else doing the same? If I just learned that it is possible for me to create my own super-powers/equipment, I'd spend all day figuring out how. And since I can already make stuff out of dirt, I'd eventually figure it out. Why isn't anyone doing that?
Old 2010-05-08, 15:40   Link #122
Ezilled

Well this episode made me awestruck towards the second half. Before the bloodbath grimdark event, it had a sweet, slight development to Tenshi and Otonashi. They are getting really close to each other by now. I wonder how would Yuri react and her immediate action for them. Will she continue to harrass the Angel or stop bullying her and observe their communication first?

Also, regardless of Naoi's sudden, short, and shallow past, my only complain was his hypnotizing eyes. Seriously, that was uncalled for. Does it mean that the rest, other than Tenshi and Naoi, can get their superpowers as well? Speaking of which, I'm still pondering what he said about the world and its gods. It may be just his nonsensical blabbering to cover his hate from his tragic past or perhaps there's someone pulling the strings behind these incidents. Information is indeed necessary before I can have a vivid grasp of what is really going on here in this show.

Anyways, I'm still looking forward to the next episode. Seems like it'll be focused on Otonashi and a hint of new character.. and a couple of days before I can get my hands on Yui's album. Yeah.
Old 2010-05-08, 15:42   Link #123
MarmoO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Actually...this kind of bothers me. They know she's been making her skills. Why isn't anyone else doing the same? If I just learned that it is possible for me to create my own super-powers/equipment, I'd spend all day figuring out how. And since I can already make stuff out of dirt, I'd eventually figure it out. Why isn't anyone doing that?

She was around for years, if not for hundred years (who said time of "purgatory" is equivalent to normal time?), Naoi was there for years (making prison for tenshi took her years, in that time she developed her own geass), SSS was there probably for few months at best (considering they seem tyo be kind of ignorant to the mechanics of the world) and got to know about "tenshi" not being an angel and her power not coming from good, few hours ago.
Old 2010-05-08, 15:43   Link #124
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
my guess is she has been there longer then anyone else.
Old 2010-05-08, 17:53   Link #125
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Wow this episode was very drama heavy, even they're all dead I still found the massacre scene pretty shocking cause of how much pain they looked in, and how blood drenched the area was. I think it was pretty well done though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezilled View Post
Also, regardless of Naoi's sudden, short, and shallow past, my only complain was his hypnotizing eyes. Seriously, that was uncalled for.
Yea I thought that was just bit odd too.

Though I was glad to see Yuri wasn't complete againist Tenshi's help this episode, and that she seemed to somewhat expect Otanashi to be with her, and their needing her help.
MAL
Old 2010-05-08, 19:53   Link #126
Wargumm1i
Hentai

The way he held that boy in the end the new student council president was so gay.

Quote:
They are, but its more modern weaponry, you remember the Guild right? but you should know they did not even know she was making her own weapons before they broke into her house and its possible that she is more than meets the eye perhaps a super genius.

Last edited by Wargumm1i; 2010-05-08 at 20:17.
Old 2010-05-08, 20:35   Link #127
jinnous

Seemed a bit all over the place for me. Especially with Naoi's past and hypnotism.

Do like Kanade's added sense of humour though. Her turbo eating of that mapo tofu was just funny. But at times I don't really understand her thoughts. Maybe it's because she have been there for too long or I don't know.

Or maybe she's just acting like that because she doesn't want to befriend anyone (namely Otonashi right now, which indirectly means that she is somewhat attached to him)

But speculations aside, the episode for the most part was enjoyable, and even with your head knowing that they don't die in that world, the ending scene just made it look as if they were really going to.
Old 2010-05-08, 20:42   Link #128
Velsy

Well I dont really know what to say.

I realized how much of rebels they really were, sleeping in class, yui going to the toilet, them playing poker down the back (or whatever that games called). All great laughs

Time with Tenshi was good. But theres something wierd with her. Wierdness I like but its not as if she acts human. I still going to hold hope that shes still a real Tenshi or lost her memories like Otonashi.

The final part. Well like everyone it gets me the most. The battle seemed over as soon as it started. They needed to put more time in the battle. I just think it was too rushed and they squeezed in the pres's life story to soon. Hinata's joke, "you ran to me first, are you hitting on me" was a nice chuckle. As for Otonashi, well he did something I'd expect Honda Tohru to do O_o. But I didnt mind it as long as it will stay consistant.

And hypnotizem eyes ? come on give us a break....... wtf was that. I liked how hes planned all this but hypnotizem was just kinda lame really.

Thats all for now I guess.

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2010-05-08 at 20:55.
Old 2010-05-08, 20:47   Link #129
klare

agreed the timing of the flashback is a bit weird... getting hit by 1 punch and u tell your life story?

Otanashi's view about Tachibana's friend all dissapeared and became lonely might be true, it make sense about the way she acts, if she is human

i think they fail to trap the ninja girl, she is not among the fallen SSS
Old 2010-05-08, 21:06   Link #130
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

they saw how leet the ninja girl is balancing 3 items on her hands at once and were like oh crap can't hurt her lets run.
Old 2010-05-08, 21:14   Link #131
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
And hypnotizem eyes ? come on give us a break....... wtf was that. I liked how hes planned all this but hypnotizem was just kinda lame really.
Kanade can create a transforming sword, a shield, a side-step/short range teleport technique, and possibly a cloning technique, but Naoi can't make hypno-eyes?

Also, rewatching the massacre... it really was a massacre. We know it started quite a while before what we're shown, since it had already begun by the time Yuri spoke to Otonashi. Then, they had to bust out and actually get there.

Two guys get their lungs and heart shot out, another gets his brains blown out... and that's just the first few seconds that they show. Then, when Otonashi is looking at it, you can see one of them got shot in the ass.

As for Shiina, there's a lot of unidentified bodies there, I assume one was her's. She's not one to flee like a coward.
Old 2010-05-08, 21:53   Link #132
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Is it me or Yuri just gained points on being sexy in this episode? o.o
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-08, 22:08   Link #133
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Is it me or Yuri just gained points on being sexy in this episode? o.o
Was it because of her being manhandled and mindraped at the end? Because having a Haruhi-lookalike on the other end of some abuse is kinda... not bad.
Old 2010-05-08, 22:27   Link #134
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

hey can i ask a qu on why SSS members can't attack the normal students in the school aka the NPCs???
Old 2010-05-08, 22:29   Link #135
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Because they're innocent. Think of em like a Counter Terrorist force, really.

And yes, Yuri is fucking hot in this episode.

Goddamn it.
Old 2010-05-08, 22:32   Link #136
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

@KaneDragon
Hmm, I think it's because of the "Wet T-Shirt Effect" and the zettai ryouiki.
I admit it, I think Yuri has a bigger rack than Haruhi.

@ChaosPaladin
Nothing would really happen when they kill off the NPCs.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-08, 22:34   Link #137
Dark Wing

I have to say I don't use the term "WTF!? Moment" to often but this time I have to make an exception because the end of this episode was a totally WTF!? Moment.

I know the writer said this anime is going to be a rush job but come on he couldn't find to way to pace this episode a little better?
Old 2010-05-08, 22:57   Link #138
OkamiNoKaze

I rather liked the episode, but I have to agree with the rushed feeling. Kanade's adapting her armblade was pretty cool, the flower looking one made me laugh though.
Old 2010-05-08, 23:00   Link #139
blewin

I was half expecting the bad guy to move on and disappear in Onotashi's arms. Guess I'll have to find out in next episode. As for the ground scene, it's pretty horrifying. The animation is top notch... It'd have had more emotional punch if the characters were really dying.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-05-08, 23:06   Link #140
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I know the writer said this anime is going to be a rush job but come on he couldn't find to way to pace this episode a little better?
I have to agree but to be fair, he can't just worry about 1 episode when he only has 13 episodes to work with. Out of all the episodes so far, this one in particular seems to suffer because of pacing. One has to wonder if this series could have been better off being a 24 episode anime rather than just 13. Maeda did claim that he had to cut a lot out in order to limit his material to 13 episodes but now I wish this series were longer.

I enjoyed this episode in particular because of the mixture between light comedy and drama but the pacing is pretty sporadic. The transition between Otonashi's speech and Ayato's past definitely felt absent. Tenshi just got some major development this episode and we're slowly receiving some more insight about the so called "Afterlife." Yuri is much better than her initial impression, I've grown to like her a lot more over these past few episodes just like Kanade/Tenshi.

For those hoping for romance, I believe it's best to not get your hopes up too high because by this time, there should have been some romantic development. It seems like there won't be any and personally, that's a shame considering I'm a fan of the romance genre.

On another note, I loved the BGM playing during Otonashi's speech to Ayato.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Closed Thread