AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-29, 11:20   Link #1121
Blaat

I now have four tanks at 100% crew: M6, M4, T34 and PzIV. Europe finally has the 5x daily bonus so I got the Churchill I today, and I have to so I'm honestly getting tired of whining about stock tanks.
I'm loving the KV-1 now after I got the first gun upgrade I went for the 57 mm I'm too much of a sucker for the high penetration, high rounds per minute and low damage guns.
Old 2012-12-29, 12:19   Link #1122
Gravitas Free Zone

So, with the winter sale still going on and the Lend-Lease Churchill premium on sale for 750 gold... it's probably a crazy idea and you should talk me out of it.

It's as much of a land yacht as a TOG! But doesn't get laughed at as much! But only has half of the TOG's HP! But it only costs 20% of the TOG! Why the hell would you buy a TOG! Exclamation points!

Though since I'm still mired in the T-34-85 grind and pointing at branching down into the IS, it might be a good way to have a trained heavy crew ready when I get there, since I have a feeling I'll end up hanging on to the T-34-85 after all. (The KV-13, who knows?)

Bonus Cool Story, Bro: Had four lights (ELC AMX, 2x M5, M7) break out of the woods in Malinovka. I decide to try to stop the ELC AMX and end up tracking it. About a second later our Cromwell, which had been chasing it, runs it over and destroys it.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2012-12-29 at 13:41.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 18:00   Link #1123
willx
Nyaaan~~

So, having farmed the KT until I grabbed the Henschel Turm .. oh boy, I know Tak and Sume were posting about their amazing experiences, but I'm going to have to differ.

My winrate is hovering around 30% right now, due to a number of just abyssal steamroll games one after another, but the other thing is, as a Tier 8 -- I'm seeing Tier 9s with more frequency. Until I got the new turret, everyone was penetrating me with fearful frequency at short to medium distances -- but the problem is facing Tier 9s at moderate distances leaves my penetration poorly lacking sometimes... For example, from 200-300 yards I can't penetrate an E-75 at all with the long 88. I think I fired 15 rounds into one for maybe 1 penetrating damage shot, and only because I moved so that I had a perfect 90 degree angle shot into the side. Any other shot, at less than a perfect 90 degree angle and I was bouncing.

I think one of my problems is stemming from the fact that in a KT a combination of how my team moves and my own mentality has me moving closer to the front line, rather than my patience hanging back in the Tiger which is reducing my performance levels..
Old 2012-12-29, 18:26   Link #1124
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Man, you guys talking about Tier VIIIs and up. That just seems so far away for me, especially with my current experiences with both the Panther and Tiger I.

Incidentally, is it just me, but does that commander skill that supposedly adds a % to all the crew proficiencies deactivate as soon as you get a new perk to train on? Because that's what it looks like to me!
Old 2012-12-29, 18:31   Link #1125
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Incidentally, is it just me, but does that commander skill that supposedly adds a % to all the crew proficiencies deactivate as soon as you get a new perk to train on? Because that's what it looks like to me!
Mentor or Jack of All Trades? Mentor gives additional experience at the end of every battle. Jack of All Trades enables the Commander to fill in for knocked-out crew members. Basically, there is nothing similar to what you describe.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 18:49   Link #1126
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Mentor or Jack of All Trades? Mentor gives additional experience at the end of every battle. Jack of All Trades enables the Commander to fill in for knocked-out crew members. Basically, there is nothing similar to what you describe.
^ Yeah. Myssa, I think what you're seeing is the addition to other crews based on the skill level of the commander's proficiency right? It shouldn't disappear when you're training your second skill.

For example, my Pz4 crew is at 100% and +5% due to vents. So my Commander is 100% + 5%. Because of this, all the other crew other than the Commander, are at 100% + 5% + 11%. It has nothing to do with a skill or perk.

Quote:
Commander
The commander...commands the vehicle. The commander has two effects on the crew:
View Range is a progressive stat based on his competency
1/10 of the commander's skill level is added to the competency of the crew. This is why a 100% crew will actually be at 110% proficiency except for the commander, because they got a 10% bonus.
This makes the commander an incredibly important member of your crew. In the event that he is knocked out, you will notice an overall decrease in the performance of the vehicle.
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....ncy-explained/
Old 2012-12-29, 19:34   Link #1127
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

No no, the commander has an actual perk that adds to profiency, symbolized by a closed fist. Once I got everyone to 100% the first time, it activated, however when I started on everyone's second perk, it blanked out again.
Old 2012-12-29, 19:39   Link #1128
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
No no, the commander has an actual perk that adds to profiency, symbolized by a closed fist. Once I got everyone to 100% the first time, it activated, however when I started on everyone's second perk, it blanked out again.
Ah, you're thinking of "Brother in Arms" --

This isn't a "Commander" perk, it's a perk that every crew member must have at 100% for it to take effect.

Quote:
This perk increases the training level of each crew member's Role/Major Qualification by 5%. It also improves the Repair, Firefighting, and Camouflage skills by 5%. It does not affect role-specific skills, nor any perks (in-game description is incorrect). There is no benefit whatsoever unless all of the crew have this trained to 100%. The perk stays in effect if a crew member is knocked out during battle. The perk is cumulative with Improved Ventilation and skill boosting consumables.
http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Crew#Skills_and_Perks
Old 2012-12-29, 19:52   Link #1129
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Ugh, that is just so lame. Should have just taken Mentor instead then.
Old 2012-12-29, 20:13   Link #1130
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I just got the top gun with the Hummel. The only thing I have to say is: AMAZING! I oneshoted a Cromwel, full health that was coming after me and other arty. The only downside is what it takes 20+ seconds to reload, and another 6.5 to aim, so rammer & gun laying drive is a must on this tank.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 01:20   Link #1131
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Because this is funny.

Spoiler for HAH!:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 01:24   Link #1132
Sumeragi
Banned

Remind me never to platoon with you people.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 01:25   Link #1133
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Because this is funny.

Spoiler for HAH!:

- Tak
Did Arty kill you all?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 01:33   Link #1134
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post

Remind me never to platoon with you people.
LOL, you know, after scoring a combined high score, it was about time our tanks expired. We can only do so much to tilt the balance to our favor.

Oh, and we won the match with my KV-1S getting a Master Gunner badge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Did Arty kill you all?
Nah, we were crashing, burning and clearing. But we were already low on health by that point so we took a gamble and pushed into the enemy's base and got hit by base campers.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-30, 01:59   Link #1135
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hahaha! That screenshot is hilarious, I love it.. The only thing that would've possibly made it better is if you guys died lengthwise and somehow managed to block the path!

Wait.. I just noticed, is Ascaloth using the Church VII!? Good god, I hate that thing, sold it .. how can you keep that!?
Old 2012-12-30, 02:09   Link #1136
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

If you look at that screenshot again, I was one short of a Top Gun. Not too bad at all, considering.

@willx,

Yeah, it's not the best, but it's not all that bad. My suspicion is that most people don't actually realise you don't rely on the front armour of the Churchill series; counter-intuitively, you actually have to rely on your side armour.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 02:37   Link #1137
Gravitas Free Zone

I managed to get Defender, Master Gunner, and Top Gun (8 kills)... in an M3 Stuart... in Ensk. Team still lost; I was the only one left. Died when I ran into their artillery with only 10 HP remaining.

Would have been a nice award, though.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 02:50   Link #1138
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Hahaha! That screenshot is hilarious, I love it.. The only thing that would've possibly made it better is if you guys died lengthwise and somehow managed to block the path!
But we did block the path. Our allies couldn't get in, and our enemies couldn't get out!

- Tak

Old 2012-12-30, 02:57   Link #1139
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
That was what the RAD guy is railing at us about.
Old 2012-12-30, 02:58   Link #1140
LeoXiao
思想工作

I was on Arctic Region in my AMX 13 75, and, upon engaging an M6, I got him to fall off a cliff into one of the various chasms. He didn't die but it was just as well seeing that he was stuck there permanently. We lost though.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks