Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-05-14, 04:47   Link #61
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Why don't you start earning enough money to buy a bride from one of the tribe leaders there?
...But that requires effort...!

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 04:51   Link #62
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Are you that fucking lazy to even do that.

And I thought I was lazy, not beta, to go out and meet girls, instead relying on my parents to find one for me.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 04:51   Link #63
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Do you think you are trustworthy enough for the girls you would like to have by your side?
Does anyone truly have that confidence? Who are intelligent enough to be honest with themselves I mean.

Also, why plural >_>
Old 2013-05-14, 04:52   Link #64
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Does anyone truly have that confidence? Who are intelligent enough to be honest with themselves I mean.

Also, why plural >_>
Comparison purposes. I think girls out there do keep several boys on their watch to look out for which one to hitch with.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-05-14, 04:53   Link #65
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Are you that fucking lazy to even do that.

And I thought I was lazy, not beta, to go out and meet girls, instead relying on my parents to find one for me.
At least you have your dakimakura :3
Old 2013-05-14, 04:55   Link #66
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:

Grow a beard, wear a white turban, recites Koran in Indonesia and change your name to longest arabic name. You can make yourself a harem kingdom in rural villages in Indonesia.
/not a racist joke

Scratch that, you can learn from a man called "Eyang Subur" here in Indonesia.
A great MILF hunter...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 05:01   Link #67
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
At least you have your dakimakura :3
Well my mum had made arrangements behind my back, though I am glad my actions (watching manga and anime, buying otaku goods, thick-skinned to return insults in more scathing forms) scared her into having second thoughts about arrangements.

Most of those girls I know she brought in are idiots. Dumb as rocks, no initiative, completely empty shells who are following a pack leader.

I want a kind, honest girl with a witty sense of humour to make her look cute. A kind and honest girl with no wit is no different from modern art - dull. Plus she would be easily bullied by my children who are educated by outside influences.

Old 2013-05-14, 05:04   Link #68
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well my mum had made arrangements behind my back, though I am glad my actions (watching manga and anime, buying otaku goods, thick-skinned to return insults in more scathing forms) scared her into having second thoughts about arrangements.

Most of those girls I know she brought in are idiots. Dumb as rocks, no initiative, completely empty shells who are following a pack leader.

I want a kind, honest girl with a witty sense of humour to make her look cute. A kind and honest girl with no wit is no different from modern art - dull. Plus she would be easily bullied by my children who are educated by outside influences.

...At least you still have your dakimakura!
Old 2013-05-14, 05:07   Link #69
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

...At least you still have your dakimakura!
Azuma Denton, please show this potential client your wares. In case of shipping, you may contact me for deals.

Thank you.

Old 2013-05-14, 05:15   Link #70
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I find the idea of arranged marriages to be odd. Having said that though, if I was in one I probably wouldn't be completely against it (but I'm male so I guess I have technically less to lose?). But to me arranged marriages should have clauses to cancel the thing if both parties want out, or if one is a danger to the other or something. Although I really think people in an arranged marriage should be able to meet and get to know each other before they go through with it so they can see if there will be any issues (this is actually betrothal isn't it?). If it was (like I have heard in some cases) where you get told "congrats, you're getting married" and are dumped at an altar next to an equally confused partner than, yeah, totally against it because that's just stupid. Springing something like that is just dumb, people really need to be able to grow into such (archaic) obligations.
Old 2013-05-14, 05:27   Link #71
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Sure just PM me for dakimakura cover...

On topic:
Forced arranged marriage is a common practice here in Indonesian rural village. Most of the parent marry their daugther to wealthy man (some of them are still in their 12-14 yo, interested S-chan?? ). Main purpose is to cut off their living cost and to get some extra money.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 05:54   Link #72
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Bias against arranged marriage shouldn't be "overcome." It's an archaic concept that boils down to little more than slavery.
Oh! yes, slavery another archaic institution that "evolved" into the modern unproductive and insecure 5/8 dayjobs... it's funny how the most conservative people try to appear progressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
A bias by definition is an illogical and unfair prejudice.
If you think "arranged marriages" are wrong you should condemn them after an objective and fair analysis.

There is just no excuse for not trying to get rid of biases, no matter the case.
As well as accusing anyone as biased is an effective way to divert any discussion from constructive criticism into personal bickering. The definition for bias and it's use have no application to a conversation where both parties try to expose their and understand the opposing opinion... unlike what happens 99% of the time when two parties yell at each other, until the moderator decides which opinion should be heard
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 06:24   Link #73
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Sure just PM me for dakimakura cover...

On topic:
Forced arranged marriage is a common practice here in Indonesian rural village. Most of the parent marry their daugther to wealthy man (some of them are still in their 12-14 yo, interested S-chan?? ). Main purpose is to cut off their living cost and to get some extra money.
Don't forget there are instances that a girl is to be married to an old man.,,,
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 07:09   Link #74
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:

OK... the way you put it is the same that my sister dreams the perfect guy, so I guess you should start looking for dudes, not girls... assuming some kind of gender differences still exist where you live... don't get me wrong but all attributes you look for are quite masculine (generally speaking), while your contribution to the relationship is quite feminine (again after a quick read and without context).
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 07:51   Link #75
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
OK... the way you put it is the same that my sister dreams the perfect guy, so I guess you should start looking for dudes, not girls... assuming some kind of gender differences still exist where you live... don't get me wrong but all attributes you look for are quite masculine (generally speaking), while your contribution to the relationship is quite feminine (again after a quick read and without context).
You seriously want a girl who just go "Eh I don't know leh" at every single thing you say, and agree with you all the time? That is too passive and I don't have the time and energy to be around all the time to protect her from cheats, conmen and louts.

I don't mind if the girl is a little like that, but too much of that annoys me. Best of all, I would want her to share my hobby of reading just about anything and engage in all sorts of discussion like a sardonic wordsmith.

Old 2013-05-14, 08:05   Link #76
Ridwan

I'm not following my father's footstep. Fortunately enough, my circumstances are different enough to avoid the exact same ordeal he went through.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:39   Link #77
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
I want a kind, honest girl with a witty sense of humour to make her look cute.
You really need to cute down on your onee-san fetish.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 09:47   Link #78
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...He will always have his Uni Dakimakura.
Old 2013-05-14, 12:18   Link #79
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Oh! yes, slavery another archaic institution that "evolved" into the modern unproductive and insecure 5/8 dayjobs... it's funny how the most conservative people try to appear progressive
Honestly I'm not even sure what you're getting at here.

I mean, yeah, I agree with you... the modern poor person is a wage slave. If you live month to month, you're a wage slave, period. Only people who actually make money (i.e. they aren't using their entire income to maintain their life) are somewhat free, which pretty much means only middle class and beyond aren't effective slaves.

But I'm not sure what that had to do with arranged marriages. Wage slavery is a whole other can o' worms.
Old 2013-05-14, 14:04   Link #80
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
You seriously want a girl who just go "Eh I don't know leh" at every single thing you say, and agree with you all the time? That is too passive and I don't have the time and energy to be around all the time to protect her from cheats, conmen and louts.

I don't mind if the girl is a little like that, but too much of that annoys me. Best of all, I would want her to share my hobby of reading just about anything and engage in all sorts of discussion like a sardonic wordsmith.
Knowing him, that's what he really wants, like most men being unable to differentiate between independent women and dependent children, spend more time idealizing about what would be best for the instead of figuring it out. Anyway, SH, I get what you mean, and why most of us frustrate you, but from our perspective things tend to be a little bit more complicated then first and second impressions that you obviously judge from... to my experience, it's pretty damn hard to break through the everyday facade we are trained to maintain for social integration, in order to figure out a person, and even when that happens, we don't tend to take advantage of it for selfish reasons

Now personal refs aside... back on topic, I don't disagree with the concept of arranged marriages. They have supported human society basically since its formation, and unlike popular beliefs, marriage (with or without any religious fluff) is a social institution promoting a convenient way of life within most human social systems. It has nothing to do with love, appreciation, esteem, etc. Its purpose is clear-cut... procreate the next generation of tax-payers/workers/slaves/politicians/businessmen/kings/etc. that you'll have a chance to train into your own mindset and continue your "work" (memetic evolution et al)... it's no coincidence that despite rejecting everything about it, communists kept this specific institution, since like capitalists shared this objective, maintaining the social stratification that ensured their political power