AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-09-25, 16:38   Link #881
FireChick

Whee! I knew Kyou was a tsundere! Yay for my chinese zodiac being rooster! Sorry about that. I can't wait for the series! Besides, October 6 is the day that me and my dad might go up to that Image Anime store in New York (at least I hope). Gah my off-topicness again! Nagisa, Ryou and Yukine are all cute to me!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 19:54   Link #882
hideFan

I'm really digging the previews. I just hope that it will be understandable to those of us who havent played the games, as Im not fluent in Japanese...
hideFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 22:39   Link #883
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I go with Option 4 all the way! (Down with Haruhi! Up for Key) But I feel sorry for FMP fans though.
Well, to paraphase what someone else said earlier, apart from being a Kagikko, I am also a Haruhiist and an FMPmaniac. Does that mean I'm screwed either way?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 04:39   Link #884
Willy@m

Send a message via MSN to Willy@m
Willy@m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 12:23   Link #885
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Well, to paraphase what someone else said earlier, apart from being a Kagikko, I am also a Haruhiist and an FMPmaniac. Does that mean I'm screwed either way?
But wouldn't that also mean that you win either way too? ^_^
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 12:29   Link #886
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
But wouldn't that also mean that you win either way too? ^_^
Not if it's 2-cour;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
  • 2-cour: CLANNAD fans grit their teeth and sigh. Haruhi fans grit their teeth and wait impatiently. FMP! fans cry in some dark forsaken corner.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 14:13   Link #887
UPR

Looks like im not the only in that boat.
Old 2007-09-26, 17:05   Link #888
Kristen
*Author

Only 8 days to go...
Old 2007-09-26, 18:08   Link #889
Edgewalker
Nani ?

To be oversubbed, or not to be oversubbed....
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 18:18   Link #890
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
To be oversubbed, or not to be oversubbed....
In the end, only 3 or so groups will stick with it to the end while releasing fairly consistently. This has happened before with the previous Key/KyoAni collaborations of Air and Kanon; along with many others such as Lucky Star, Zero no Tsukaima 2, Hayate no Gotoku, Claymore - just to mention a few recent ones.

I just don't see why people are complaining about it being oversubbed. It just gives you more choice as to whose you want to watch.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 20:29   Link #891
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy@m View Post
I have first dibs on Kyou! Called it!
Old 2007-09-27, 01:29   Link #892
amoirsp

Rats, I didn't call dibs. =(

Anyhow, based on how school life in the game functions and how branches occur, it wouldn't surprise me if Clannad ran like Kanon did initially, where all the characters are presented within the first few episodes (actually everyone was indirectly present in the first one in one way or another, and I don't think that will happen in clannad as it probably won't be necessary). So I anticipate the first few episodes to be rather fast in the sense that many different things happen upon the same day, such as something in the morning, something in class, something not in class, something at lunch, something afterschool, something at night ... yeah .... This will differ from Kanon since ... it's not the same, I'll leave it at that.

I do hope the route presentation was closer than that of AIR though. Well, if they are doing all the scenarios and routes, they kind of need AIR Dream route speed.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bland issue, especially when all the routes don't/can't even coexist normally. Well, since I don't know what is going to be presented until I see it, seeing it first time around will be interesting, but this will be a first for knowing what is going to happen already, as opposed to AIR and Kanon where I did not know the full details.

Since Lucky Star and Kanon had 24 episodes, while Haruhi had 14, thinking Clannad would be 24 isn't too surprising, while 26 is reasonable. 52 might match the potential length but natural anime speed will prevent that, while 14 episodes would not make any sense at all, particularly with all routes. 39 is still wishful thinking, but it might cause it to lose momentum and run bland, slightly like Kanon and 20's weird timing. Well, I thought Kanon was a little stretchy at some points, so if Clannad is 24 and given that it is longer, I anticipate a much faster length er sequence. Also the theme isn't sad girls in snow, and it won't do the dream sequence either, though all Key games have something supernatural anyways, and the stories are still strong, so the equation even though it's different is more or less similar anyways.

I think I'll have to look at the art and the background, and avoid what differences there are between the anime and the game, or anticipating a line 100% given how some details will match.

Though I am curious what original kyoani implementation they will do. With lucky star it was interesting with how that was constructed (though I thought there was way too much haruhi, honestly). If it's minour like how it was in Kanon, then I'd say that's a fair distribution, but then I couldn't predict what it is. In a sense, I hope not much of it is done, because if it's a 2 cour, there isn't much capacity to generate such parody (while in lucky star there was plenty of room to do that).

Well, I've enjoyed kyoani's light novel or manga adaptations more than their visual novel ones, probably because one's chronological/sequential in a sense and the other merges alternative sequences of the same time periods, making the sequential one seem much more fluent in airing order.

On the other hand if Kyoani can air Clannad such that it is not as segmented as Kanon and more sequential like half of AIR was, then I may be very much impressed (though it would make it less accurate too, possibly). Well, I'll just wait and see.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 01:55   Link #893
Westlo
Lets be reality

I wouldn't mind 24 or 26 episodes of Clannad if we got a 13 or 14 episodes run for the sequel after Haruhi aired. As for FMP I'll rather wait for the novels to be finished TBH before we got the next/final series.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 05:15   Link #894
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Old 2007-09-27, 05:47   Link #895
Morganna's_Child
Child of Morganna

That's a nice picture
Morganna's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 06:43   Link #896
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Based on a game created by Key (Air, Kanon, etc) and animated by Kyoto Animation (Air, Kanon, Suzumiya Haruhi, Lucky Star, etc) it was pretty much a given that Clannad would also get it's own forum, especially with the combined threads already pushing this forum over 1000 posts, while the anime (TV) series has yet to air!

Anyway, there is one thing I'd like to ask about this new forum. I created a "Spoilers & Speculation" thread for those who played the game as well as for first time viewers. It seems pretty clear in which thread you should post if you are familiar with the game or are just watching the anime TV series.

However, does anyone have an idea where Clannad Movie spoilers & speculation should be posted? My idea is that it's probably best to keep such posts in the Movie thread, and keep the "first time viewers" thread for TV series viewers only. Does anyone have any ideas on this issue? Or am I just making a point out of nothing considering the movie hasn't been fansubbed yet?
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 06:49   Link #897
Forever
Revealing the truth

Holy sht! Even before the first ep airs, it gets its own forum! Honestly, I have never heard of it before. This show better live up to its hype.
Old 2007-09-27, 07:11   Link #898
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Anyway, there is one thing I'd like to ask about this new forum. I created a "Spoilers & Speculation" thread for those who played the game as well as for first time viewers. It seems pretty clear in which thread you should post if you are familiar with the game or are just watching the anime TV series.

However, does anyone have an idea where Clannad Movie spoilers & speculation should be posted? My idea is that it's probably best to keep such posts in the Movie thread, and keep the "first time viewers" thread for TV series viewers only. Does anyone have any ideas on this issue? Or am I just making a point out of nothing considering the movie hasn't been fansubbed yet?
I'm gonna second your thoughts on this issue. For those who want to discuss the details regarding the movie, they would have already gone through a decent amount of plot details which may spoil the anime viewing community. What I see in terms of spoilage will be the following:

Game Thread (Spoilers/Specs) > Movie Thread > TV/Episode Thread(s)/First Time Viewers

However it might be, I'm guess people will get used to the different threads once the anime starts up.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 13:17   Link #899
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1157022

Clannad CM.

Would had liked to hear more of Nakamura's Tomoya, but overall it's okay, I suppose. Animation is typically Kaggi Animation gloss, which speaks for itself.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 15:06   Link #900
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
...I just don't see why people are complaining about it being oversubbed. It just gives you more choice as to whose you want to watch.
The only thing wrong with this being oversubbed is that other good shows may not get subbed at all, or may only get subbed late. Otherwise, choice is good. Popular shows always have multiple Chinese subs. Up to about half a dozen, sometimes.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen