AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Final Choice: Who's your Favourite Lucky☆Star Main Character ?
Kagami 277 42.23%
Konata 284 43.29%
Miyuki 21 3.20%
Tsukasa 74 11.28%
Voters: 656. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-02, 08:25   Link #161
Jujubee

Kagami was always my favorite because of her tsundere personality. She's cute, snappy, sexy and it always made me laugh when she got mad or scolded someone. Also I like her sharp eyes the most while I like Konata's lazy eyes the least. Konata is more like me personality wise. If it were real life we'd get along rather well, but I probably wouldn't get along with Kagami so well because she's an uptight workaholic. >.>
Old 2009-09-03, 16:25   Link #162
ZeBird0
In a tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubee
Also I like her sharp eyes the most while I like Konata's lazy eyes the least
Aw... I think konata's eyes are so kawaii XD
Old 2009-09-07, 06:37   Link #163
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Yes, I'm one of the 16 Miyuki lovers XD.
Old 2009-09-12, 07:10   Link #164
Snickripep
I like MUDKIPZ! :3

Kagami used to be my favorite... but now...

Konata all the way!

P.S.
Why does Miyuki get no love...?
T.T
Old 2009-09-12, 10:43   Link #165
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Because her screen time sucks. XD
Old 2009-09-12, 21:16   Link #166
Snickripep
I like MUDKIPZ! :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
Because her screen time sucks. XD
*sigh*
Sad, but true...
Old 2009-09-13, 01:26   Link #167
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just like in the first character poll thread. Poor Miyuki.

At least whenever there is a Lucky Star merchandise out with the girls she's always there. Also she's a secret figure in the Basara LS set.

Old 2009-09-14, 08:56   Link #168
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

I voted Konata, precisely becoz I dont think any girl I know has the same sort of personality as her. Kagamin feels a bit too cliche, though I already requested for an ava in the fan creation thread.

Miyuki has no love, eh? Ah well, she still has Konata
Old 2009-09-14, 10:25   Link #169
Konatafan
Lucky Star Maniac

The lack of love for Miyuki doesn't really surprise me, but I did think Tsukasa would get more votes than she did.
Old 2009-09-15, 07:55   Link #170
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

I think a lot of people would've voted her second favorite, but of course you can't do that. (Or can you? I notice you can vote for more than one on the similar K-On question.)
Old 2009-09-15, 10:16   Link #171
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
I think a lot of people would've voted her second favorite, but of course you can't do that. (Or can you? I notice you can vote for more than one on the similar K-On question.)
No you can't. The multiple vote option is for polls with the full cast of the series. If it's "a main characters poll", something we do rarely, then it's single choice.

By the way, for those who may have missed it, we also have a LS favourite characters poll here, with all the characters (I've just reuploaded all the pics in it since they were all dead).

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=54668

Konata there has more votes than Kagami. Other than the other main girls, Miyuki has less votes than a lot of "secondary" characters such as Hiyori, Patricia, Misao, Minami, Minoru, Nanako, Anime Tenchou.
Old 2009-09-15, 10:26   Link #172
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

That poll proves that Konata is indeed the fan favorite of many.
Old 2009-09-15, 16:49   Link #173
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickripep View Post
P.S.
Why does Miyuki get no love...?
T.T
Because she competes against awesome characters - I am fond of her, but there is Konata and Kagami-sama, so she's out of luck.

And because soft, nice girls aren't popular in anime.
Old 2009-09-16, 00:37   Link #174
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
The multiple vote option is for polls with the full cast of the series. If it's "a main characters poll", something we do rarely, then it's single choice.

Konata there has more votes than Kagami. Other than the other main girls, Miyuki has less votes than a lot of "secondary" characters such as Hiyori, Patricia, Misao, Minami, Minoru, Nanako, Anime Tenchou.
I kinda think in choosing the fan favorite, only allowing one vote is necessary. If we only allowed one vote out of the whole cast, do you think things would look pretty much the same? (I'd imagine Misao and Hiyori would be right behind the main four, if not ahead of Miyuki; sorry Miyuki fans.)

Talking about Miyuki's lack of popularity reminds me of a rather heated discussion we had on the Fanfiction.net messageboards earlier this year. It started out as just asking about why she was less popular and turned into a rather fierce debate about character dynamics and personality vs. creator favoritism...with perhaps a bit of shipping arguments.

Sorry to change the subject too much, but, in comparing Azumanga with LS as I often do, you don't see such impassioned arguments among Azumanga fans. It seems like a lot of LS fans take things a lot more seriously than Azumanga fans, like character importance etc. Would you agree? Or am I just seeing things? Both series aren't at all serious, but Azumanga does often seem more...whimsical.
Old 2009-09-16, 03:02   Link #175
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
I kinda think in choosing the fan favorite, only allowing one vote is necessary. If we only allowed one vote out of the whole cast, do you think things would look pretty much the same? (I'd imagine Misao and Hiyori would be right behind the main four, if not ahead of Miyuki; sorry Miyuki fans.)
You're right, somehow it's true that characters like Misao are a lot more popular (heck, I'd love her to be among the main four instead of Miyuki - talk about awesome KonaŚKagaŚMisa trio action).

Quote:
Talking about Miyuki's lack of popularity reminds me of a rather heated discussion we had on the Fanfiction.net messageboards earlier this year. It started out as just asking about why she was less popular and turned into a rather fierce debate about character dynamics and personality vs. creator favoritism...with perhaps a bit of shipping arguments.
Highly opinionised semi-rant incoming. Miyuki fans, don't take it too seriously, please.

First off, Miyuki's a good character, I'm not saying the opposite. She just could have been a lot better. Of course, she had her awesome moments; the school race for example, that kinda surprised me. But still...

...To me, Miyuki seems like a "forced moeblob", killing her appeal almost instantly. It's like you make a cake and put a terrific inedible amount of sugar in it. Even her mother feels funnier and more fit in the series. Also, considering moe, I'd say Kagami fills the role a lot better than her (but that's just my tsudere obsession). Oh, and whenever she starts explaining something...that's just...argh. I'm sorry, but that's simply how I feel about her.

I dunno guys, you tell me why she's better than the rest of the cast in your opinions.
Quote:
Sorry to change the subject too much, but, in comparing Azumanga with LS as I often do, you don't see such impassioned arguments among Azumanga fans. It seems like a lot of LS fans take things a lot more seriously than Azumanga fans, like character importance etc. Would you agree? Or am I just seeing things? Both series aren't at all serious, but Azumanga does often seem more...whimsical.
Well, ya know...the air around Lucky Star is heated from its very beginning. Speaking of majority, people either loved it or hated it...deeply (partially because it's KyoAni we're talking about). Also, it has a lot of differences, compared to Azumanga.

Lucky Star is mostly oriented at the otaku fanbase. You have anime-exclusive gags, horrible milking of the Haruhi franchise, stuff like that. Another thing is the child-like appearance of the cast (not really high-schoolish, is it?), which turns off a lot of people.

Azumanga, on the other hand, had mature cast (excluding Chiyo-chan (not intellectualy, mind you ) and is oriented at everyone. Every single person that went to school can enjoy or easily relate to this piece. So I can quite easily see, why there is the popularity/hate difference from LS.

Last edited by Larthak; 2009-09-16 at 16:54.
Old 2009-09-20, 17:01   Link #176
goodman528

I wonder if the men prefer Konata more, and the women prefer Kagami more... ...?

Just a random conjecture, don't ask me why.
Old 2009-09-20, 23:28   Link #177
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

I kinda thought more guys preferred Kagami.
Old 2009-10-13, 07:53   Link #178
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konatafan View Post
The lack of love for Miyuki doesn't really surprise me, but I did think Tsukasa would get more votes than she did.

Interesting that it worked out that way; I thought more people would like Miyuki than Tsukasa. It seems like people often have more appreciation (or tolerance) for smart girls than dumb-but-cute ones.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread again for this purpose, but I really wish we had individual character discussions for Lucky Star. The other animes have them, so why can't we??? Waaaahhh!!!
Old 2009-10-14, 16:54   Link #179
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
My vote goes to Konata!!!

My friends, we must vote for Konata!!!

Support your fellow Otaku allies in this war!!!

3 Cheers Konata, Konata, Konata!!!

Quote:
I kinda thought more guys preferred Kagami.
Most guys like Konata more, you just can't beat a gaming and Otaku chick.
Old 2009-10-14, 16:56   Link #180
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

But Konata probably voted for Kagamin~