AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 195 43.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 18.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 60 13.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 36 7.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 20 4.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 2.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 5.30%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-29, 14:24   Link #441
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Lackluster ending imo but i expected as much which is why i was in no rush to watch the last episode. With economy as bad as it is these 12-13 episode series are becoming more common. There just was not enough time to go more in depth than what they did. Angel Beats could have been much more than it ended up being with 20 something run but it just was not so. I still enjoyed the series over all the series did try to teach the audience a little something about life and the numerous sub learning experiences even got me thinking. The humor was was excellent imo as i did laugh 98% of the time at the humor. Characters were quite likable just wish we would have more time to explore more of them and their backrounds. When all is said and done it was happy ending for all depending on what you consider a happy ending. I must admit i did not expect that Kanade would have ended up being of the people Otonashi saved by becoming a donor. It was unexpected but didnt send me into a crying fit. Mostly i thought damn your life was saved because you got a new heart then you ended dying anyway. Just like how Otonashi ended up dying right before the rescue. Lifes not fair but themes the breaks very fun series i would recommend it to others.

In my lack of sleep haze i accidentally checked a perfect 10 but on the whole i would give the series a strong 8
Old 2010-06-29, 14:39   Link #442
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
As for the theories, I'm pretty certain Kanade had actually died and what we saw at the end of the episode was her reincarnation. So she ended up here, and just decided to help others while she was waiting. No idealistic beliefs or ulterior motives. She just wanted to help. But Yuri's antagonism and her Poor Communication Kills meant things got a little out of hand, like a cycle of revenge that gets more and more intense.

Atleast, that's what I think happened.
<_<, that typo made for a rather hilarious line good job . Cause I am pretty sure you meant skills, not kills xD.
MAL
Old 2010-06-29, 14:56   Link #443
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Given the rush job, it was a very good anime. They worked well with the time they had and left very few loose ends.

It's a big bummer that it couldn't be a two cour series.
Old 2010-06-29, 15:31   Link #444
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
<_<, that typo made for a rather hilarious line good job . Cause I am pretty sure you meant skills, not kills xD.
It's not a typo, it's the name of the trope (<- warning: if you click on this link, you may never get out).
Old 2010-06-29, 15:34   Link #445
AkasuraBoshi

yeah, amazing anime, i bet Angel beats wouldive been one of the most famous anime of all time if they had added twice the number of eps to fit the whole story. but of course the ending in my opinion shouldive stayed the same. it was PERFECT. AND So heartfelt and sad.
when the hypnotist dude i had a wierd feeling in my hard. a kind of missing him kind of feeling. it was hard to accept they are now gone and are reincarnated after getting so attached to the anime and characters. the blue haired baseball dude(sorry im not good with names :O)s goodbye was also touching .and otonashis was the most SADDEST OF THEM ALL. i Cried so much ;(. im glad that they added the ectra scene at the end, it relieved me that they will be together again :P.
Old 2010-06-29, 20:05   Link #446
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkasuraBoshi View Post
yeah, amazing anime, i bet Angel beats wouldive been one of the most famous anime of all time if they had added twice the number of eps to fit the whole story.
Can we get an amen?
Old 2010-06-29, 20:26   Link #447
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkasuraBoshi View Post
yeah, amazing anime, i bet Angel beats wouldive been one of the most famous anime of all time if they had added twice the number of eps to fit the whole story. but of course the ending in my opinion shouldive stayed the same. it was PERFECT. AND So heartfelt and sad.
when the hypnotist dude i had a wierd feeling in my hard. a kind of missing him kind of feeling. it was hard to accept they are now gone and are reincarnated after getting so attached to the anime and characters. the blue haired baseball dude(sorry im not good with names :O)s goodbye was also touching .and otonashis was the most SADDEST OF THEM ALL. i Cried so much ;(. im glad that they added the ectra scene at the end, it relieved me that they will be together again :P.
I can definately agree to that about Angel Beats could have easily been one of the best anime if the episodes were extended. If they are going for 26 episodes they could have easily put materials from the presequal novel as flashbacks in how they meet each character since it has a lot of action too. Plus, it shows Yurippe and Hinata and the other characters different sides to create more personality.
Old 2010-06-29, 21:10   Link #448
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Can we get an amen?
AMEN!!!!

I agree 9000%~~~!!
Old 2010-06-29, 21:22   Link #449
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
This is pretty much a crappier version of Lost(which had its own problems)with a heavy Key element.
Oh god again with the Lost crap! We won't even begin to discuss that shipwreck of loopholes. Please don't bring that into this discussion 0_o
Old 2010-06-29, 21:36   Link #450
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Aha, Yuri's expression of trying to stop being hypnotize was priceless. So she can show her cute side too huh? .
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2010-06-29, 21:48   Link #451
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's not a typo, it's the name of the trope (<- warning: if you click on this link, you may never get out).
uuhoho i remember spending like 6 months+ in that site, whenever you enter it 5 hours is GONE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Oh god again with the Lost crap! We won't even begin to discuss that shipwreck of loopholes. Please don't bring that into this discussion 0_o
If it's one thing LOST and BEATS have in common it's the plot holes that can fill a crater.
Old 2010-06-29, 22:16   Link #452
eiyuu99

Holes to fill another hole?
Old 2010-06-29, 22:52   Link #453
Kudryavka

Hey, I thought the gang would go into eternal rest after leaving the world. Why were they reincarnated?

Meh, maybe just an interpretation of what the viewer thinks happens after death.
Old 2010-06-29, 22:59   Link #454
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
well that was amusing read, and waste of about 45 minutes or so , thanks for clearing that up anyways.
MAL
Old 2010-06-29, 23:21   Link #455
SolCiel

I heard somewhere that there might be a possible episode 14 on the dvd release. But I'm too scared that it might just be a rumor to believe.
Old 2010-06-29, 23:25   Link #456
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolCiel View Post
I heard somewhere that there might be a possible episode 14 on the dvd release. But I'm too scared that it might just be a rumor to believe.
there is an OVA episode to be with DVD release in December, as to what it will be about is still unknown I think.
MAL
Old 2010-06-30, 07:17   Link #457
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
If it's one thing LOST and BEATS have in common it's the plot holes that can fill a crater.
Neither had many plot holes. Both series covered many of them and the only ones left open are insignificant.

If really think Lost sucked and had a lot of holes, go to the Lost thread and read it. We went over a lot and explained a lot. Do feel free to say something or ask a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
there is an OVA episode to be with DVD release in December, as to what it will be about is still unknown I think.
That should be good, I hope it's a comedy episode because this series had the best comedy this season. Too bad it's so far away, lol.
Old 2010-06-30, 15:11   Link #458
Forsaken_Infinity

Pretty good ending. So Otonashi was the programmer who programmed this world eh? At least that's what I get from watching the last two episodes together again. But the very last scene implies reincarnation for both so I guess he didn't turn into a NPC this time around or sth. Who cares though, pretty much the highlight of the show was the scene with Kanade going "arigatou" and most other scenes with Yuri were OK. The rest of the anime was passable. I do agree that the length didn't do the plot any justice whatsoever. Just for the random moments of brilliance, I give this series a 7 out of ten as a whole and this episode gets a 9/10 from me.
Old 2010-06-30, 15:12   Link #459
Solafighter
Hige

After some time passed of the release of the final episode... Whats the deal of the last scenes with Kanade and Yuzuru meetting up? Maybe an "afterlife" or
something?
Old 2010-06-30, 15:20   Link #460
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
After some time passed of the release of the final episode... Whats the deal of the last scenes with Kanade and Yuzuru meetting up? Maybe an "afterlife" or
something?

reincarnation

very big plot device in Eastern Romance Shows.