Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-03, 11:53   Link #821
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Probably something about DQX. Funnily enough level-5 will also have their own trade-show this year.

Shinrei Shashin, a Fatal Frame/Project Zero spin-off, is coming to 3DS, read more on andriasang.com
Seems to be this:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2011/index.html
?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 15:43   Link #822
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I just realised something...

I have still NOT seen a single person playing 3DS in my local area. There had been plenty of DSi, and even recently the large versions. But I have yet to see an actual 3DS being played, anywhere.

Not a good sign, surely.
Old 2011-09-03, 15:46   Link #823
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

I have still NOT seen a single person playing 3DS in my local area. There had been plenty of DSi, and even recently the large versions. But I have yet to see an actual 3DS being played, anywhere.

Not a good sign, surely.
Yeah, and I really hope Nintendo starts making things with online play instead of forcing us to local... because star fox? really? that's just lame, nobody around me even has a 3ds for the download play
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 15:55   Link #824
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:

Not a good sign, surely.
I've never seen anyone play a DS or anything above that in my local area.

Not a good sign at all.
...For my social life.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-09-03, 16:01   Link #825
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Not a good sign, surely.
That's a good point, sir. I did have one random StreetPass one day, but out and about I've seen a DSi XL and a few DS Lites being played, but no 3DS. My close friends all have them, but that's something I never thought of.
Old 2011-09-03, 16:13   Link #826
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I have StreetPass on around the city centre, and i easily get over 15, sometimes 20. It's pretty popular here, and i hear bigger in London.

& i've spent too much time revisiting Metroid.
Old 2011-09-03, 16:31   Link #827
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I've tried playing Metroid, but it's crashed on me 2-3 times now, even after re-downloading. Hope it gets fixed with that update...

I also want them to change them to widescreen. Those 2 bars on the sides of the top screen bug me enough as it is with DS games~ > 3 <
Old 2011-09-03, 16:42   Link #828
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

With DS games, you can hold Start and Select while selecting it on the menu, and you'll have it in widescreen. Tried this with the new Ambassador VC titles and it didn't work.

Also, widescreen DS games are blurrier than the scaled version, obviously. Nothing to complain about though.
Old 2011-09-03, 16:45   Link #829
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
I've tried playing Metroid, but it's crashed on me 2-3 times now, even after re-downloading. Hope it gets fixed with that update...
How far into the game does it crash on you?
Old 2011-09-03, 17:10   Link #830
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
How far into the game does it crash on you?

It's more or less going up and down the loooong drop with the many platforms. Only seems to happen when I go doooown~
Old 2011-09-06, 23:34   Link #831
Alexus_Z3
new to gunpla

Nintendo's 3DS Slide Pad is Like a Cradle

Quote:
Based off initial descriptions, Nintendo's new slide pad attachment for the 3DS appeared to be a little device that sticks off one side of the system. This is incorrect. Images from Weekly Famitsu, which got the scoop on the item, show that the device looks more like a cradle.

Officially the "Kakuchou Slide Pad," or "Expansion Slide Pad," the 3DS sits inside the cradle. Everything lines up so that the second slide pad is to the immediate right of the four face buttons. The slide pad itself appears to be smaller than the system's main slide pad.

It's unclear if Nintendo made the device specifically for Monster Hunter 3G, but the device is introduced in Famitsu's reveal article on the new 3DS Monster Hunter game.

Famitsu interviewed Monster Hunter series supervisor Ryozo Tsujimoto about MHP3G and the slide pad expansion. The device provides a good grip on the system, said Tsujimoto. He jokingly referred to the expansion as a "secret weapon" which will allow you to play the game with the same feeling as playing Monster Hunter 3 on Wii.

Monster Hunter 3G is scheduled for release at the end of the year and will go playable at the Tokyo Game Show next week. The slide pad expansion is currently without a release date
Lord....

I suddenly have no doubt that they're going to release a new system with second analog stick and name it either 3DL (Less) or 3DN (None).

And what will happen to the these so called Ambassador?

Edit: Looks ugly as hell btw

Last edited by Alexus_Z3; 2011-09-06 at 23:46.
Alexus_Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 00:03   Link #832
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Uuuuuuuuuuuugh.... it looks like they stuck an extra screen to a deformed PSP...

Are those who bought the 3DS early (doing Nintendo a favour) gonna be stuck with an ugly piece of plastiiiiic?
Old 2011-09-07, 01:18   Link #833
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus_Z3 View Post
I suddenly have no doubt that they're going to release a new system with second analog stick and name it either 3DL (Less) or 3DN (None).

And what will happen to the these so called Ambassador?
Even if a new system comes out, it will still be 3DS. They'll probably add a new portion to it though, like 3DS+.

A new little attachment is supposed to relate to the Ambassadors... how?
They're the ones that got the 3DS early, kind of as an apology for the price drop.

Old 2011-09-07, 02:13   Link #834
Sides

Quote:
Are those who bought the 3DS early (doing Nintendo a favour) gonna be stuck with an ugly piece of plastiiiiic?
Well if it adds in extra battery time, hell yeah!
I wonder how it works, does it use SDIO, bluetooth, IR, or does the PSU port actually allow data transfer.
Chances are that it will be bundled with Monster Hunter 3G/TriG
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 02:21   Link #835
Alexus_Z3
new to gunpla

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Even if a new system comes out, it will still be 3DS. They'll probably add a new portion to it though, like 3DS+.

A new little attachment is supposed to relate to the Ambassadors... how?
They're the ones that got the 3DS early, kind of as an apology for the price drop.
Nintendo would release a new system with 2nd analog stick just a few months after 3ds. Ambassador or should I said early adaptor would be screwed with 3ds + gundam size peripheral. Not to mention that they need to paid again for it ($10 cost? I'm calling it bs). If the rumour is true, Nintendo would ditch the 3d capabilities.

So where is the plus in all that?

How Nintendo going to compensate all these so called ambassador/ early adaptor they screwed over?

and do you really believed these 20 games they're offering really worth $80 ?
Alexus_Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 05:28   Link #836
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I'd like to remind everyone of how every Nintendo handheld has upgraded itself throughout the years. Yes, each handheld goes through about 3-5 upgrades. However, this does not happen immediately- it's spaced out so that all consumers don't feel cheated.

The next 3DS update won't arrive until Spring next year at the very earliest. By that time, very few will even care about all this "Ambassador" and "Dual Circle Pads" triviality. Personally, I don't even care right now. The 3DS works well and the Ambassador program was just a nice way for Nintendo to give back. Most companies wouldn't even consider such a program, so does it really matter how much the games are valued? We're not even getting 20 budget titles.

Buy a console from Microsoft or Sony and see if they give back like Nintendo did. We have no right to hate on what's given to us for free.
Old 2011-09-07, 06:42   Link #837
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Uuuuuuuuuuuugh.... it looks like they stuck an extra screen to a deformed PSP...

Most people consider those who bough the original 1st gen DS to be stuck with an ugly piece of plastic after the re-design.

This is not news. You can't expect any electrical hardware to stay up to date forever. My laptop was brand new Jan 2010, but it now can't run ANY new PC games. This is just a fact of life.

The only question is are you willing to wait for the upgrade. And how long are you willing to wait; because there is no point waiting for the next improvement if you want to play games today.

The problem with 3DS of course, is that there is a lack of "must have" titles that made more people willing to make the leap. People ARE waiting for the next hardware upgrade because there isn't anything they desperately want to play. And if their desired game is, say, two years away from release, then they might as well wait for those two years before buying a 3DS. By then, the old 3DS would be much cheaper and the next upgrade would be available. And they would not miss any game time at all either.
Old 2011-09-07, 07:35   Link #838
Archer

Quote:
Most people consider those who bough the original 1st gen DS to be stuck with an ugly piece of plastic after the re-design.

This is not news. You can't expect any electrical hardware to stay up to date forever. My laptop was brand new Jan 2010, but it now can't run ANY new PC games. This is just a fact of life.

The only question is are you willing to wait for the upgrade. And how long are you willing to wait; because there is no point waiting for the next improvement if you want to play games today.

The problem with 3DS of course, is that there is a lack of "must have" titles that made more people willing to make the leap. People ARE waiting for the next hardware upgrade because there isn't anything they desperately want to play. And if their desired game is, say, two years away from release, then they might as well wait for those two years before buying a 3DS. By then, the old 3DS would be much cheaper and the next upgrade would be available. And they would not miss any game time at all either.
While I mostly agree with your assessment, I disagree that people will waiting that long. With the Monster Hunter announcement, the 3DS now has a killer Winter 2011 lineup in Japan that also includes Mario Kart, Inazuma Eleven, and Super Mario that's going to eclipse anything else that comes out on other platforms, Vita included.

I don't see that attachment as a precursor to the 3DS's next revision (although I do believe that dual sticks will be on that), but rather as a mere tool to encourage users to switch over to the 3DS without having to sacrifice much control. Since it's an optional add-on for the device, I doubt that it's going to be really heavily pushed.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 07:48   Link #839
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
I don't see that attachment as a precursor to the 3DS's next revision (although I do believe that dual sticks will be on that), but rather as a mere tool to encourage users to switch over to the 3DS without having to sacrifice much control. Since it's an optional add-on for the device, I doubt that it's going to be really heavily pushed.
Cannot remember but it took quite a while until they decided to release a new remote revision with build in motion plus.
I'm certain that nintendo will not release a new 3ds anytime soon, mainly because of technology costs and size.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 08:18   Link #840
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
While I mostly agree with your assessment, I disagree that people will waiting that long. With the Monster Hunter announcement, the 3DS now has a killer Winter 2011 lineup in Japan that also includes Mario Kart, Inazuma Eleven, and Super Mario that's going to eclipse anything else that comes out on other platforms, Vita included.
Oh, I am sure the sales is going to improve when the right games get released. I just use 2 years as an extreme example. Mostly because that's how long I personally waited before getting a DS, as that was how long it took for me to get a game I personally desired.

My main point is that people buy consoles, hand held or not, for the games they get to play. If they get to play a fun game they would shell out the cash for the hardware, even if the hardware would become obsolete by a replacement a few years later.

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds