Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Hobbylink seems to have them in stock: http://www.hlj.com/product/EXH27151
son of a.... thanks.

*now $30 poorer*
moyism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 03:14   Link #82
Kefit

This thread has found me plushies. I love plushies. I should be thankful for this.

This thread has made me spend lots of money to obtain these plushies. I am not quite so thankful for this.

Good thing that Sakura plushie and figure don't come out until April. Otherwise I would probably be spending just a bit more than is prudent right now.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 07:17   Link #83
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
I'm probably going to have to wait for Rin's plushie to come out (conveniently after payday). I just bought the figure trading set and other miscellaneous Fate items - I need to give Mr. Wallet some time to recover. >_<
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 08:38   Link #84
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm tempted to order the Saber Plushie, what with it working out cheaper in Pounds.

How long do you guys think it'll stay in stock at HLJ?
Old 2006-02-09, 11:40   Link #85
Stoke

Anyone else worrying that they will get some form of stuffed "sword" instead of anything relating to Fate Either way I'm $30 more in the red, thanks for the link.

Last edited by Stoke; 2006-02-09 at 15:10.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 00:27   Link #86
moyism
Wannabe Smut Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I'm tempted to order the Saber Plushie, what with it working out cheaper in Pounds.

How long do you guys think it'll stay in stock at HLJ?
Actually it's already on backorder with HLJ if you check now. HLJ must have gotten raped once people noticed the Saber plushie was back in stock
moyism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 08:17   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyism
Actually it's already on backorder with HLJ if you check now. HLJ must have gotten raped once people noticed the Saber plushie was back in stock
Ohmygod that didn't take long.. i seriously hope i can get the money in time for a order! ;_;
Old 2006-02-10, 11:46   Link #88
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Ohmygod that didn't take long.. i seriously hope i can get the money in time for a order! ;_;
Better hope you get the money soon - I've given up hope of getting one of those plushies for lack of cash as of the present.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 12:01   Link #89
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragicsmile
Better hope you get the money soon - I've given up hope of getting one of those plushies for lack of cash as of the present.
Its a Saber plushie.. there's no way i'll give up. =P

If all else fails, i'll probably get the Rin one from CDJapan.. but of course, Saber comes first~
Old 2006-02-10, 14:59   Link #90
Equus

Dunno if anyone's posted about this yet, but there looks to be a future restock of the Kotobukiya assembled PVC. At least I've seen it on HLJ and Animaxis.

Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 19:16   Link #91
dfens

Equus the pic you posted is the promotional pic Kotobukiya used to lie to people that pic is of the resign kit that's professionally painted. Here is a link to a actuall PVC

http://www.1999.co.jp/asp/GoodsDetai...ce_right_e.asp

I was going to buy it till I saw it in person the skin tone is so cheap and bland and the attention to detail isn't their. For 30-35 bucks I would buy one but it usually goes for as high as 50 plus since it's so rare and sought after right now. I said it before and I'll say it again don't trust the pics the companies put out. Try to see one in person or a online site that has actuall pics before buying.

I don't mind paying top dollar for a quality product but if you show picture A and you get is picture B (lower grade) then that my friend is just plain wrong.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 19:40   Link #92
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens
Equus the pic you posted is the promotional pic Kotobukiya used to lie to people that pic is of the resign kit that's professionally painted. Here is a link to a actuall PVC

http://www.1999.co.jp/asp/GoodsDetai...ce_right_e.asp

I was going to buy it till I saw it in person the skin tone is so cheap and bland and the attention to detail isn't their. For 30-35 bucks I would buy one but it usually goes for as high as 50 plus since it's so rare and sought after right now. I said it before and I'll say it again don't trust the pics the companies put out. Try to see one in person or a online site that has actuall pics before buying.

I don't mind paying top dollar for a quality product but if you show picture A and you get is picture B (lower grade) then that my friend is just plain wrong.
*turns head to look at the PVC figure standing on shelf beside the computer*
No, besides the hair color being a little bit lighter compared to the picture in Equus' post, the rest of the figure is very well done (The details of her sword are maintained nicely, even the differing tones of her boots are present). It's one of the best Saber figures out there.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 19:51   Link #93
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I always knew it was one of the best Saber looking figures out there.. even if i haven't seen it in person.

Thanks for the lil' review there Sushi. ^^
Old 2006-02-10, 23:19   Link #94
Equus

No offense, dfens, but I'm not sure what you were expecting from a PVC that retails for about $30. The 1/8 resin kits from Kotobukiya unpainted and unassembled usually retail for twice that. If I were looking for skin tone highlighting and shading, I'd probably either make it myself or take my aibrush at the PVC if I really wanted to. ^_^ I do respect what you have to say about seeing a picture of what you're buying and having a realistic expectation, however.

At any rate, unless the point was that there looks like Kotobukiya is making a second run of them that releases in May. So you wouldn't have to pay $50 or more unless you wanted it shipped EMS or just can't wait that long.

As for Saber figures, I like this one, but I'm also partial to this one from Clayz: http://www.hlj.com/product/CLY18063
It's a wee bit on the expensive side, but it was a very satisfying purchase anyway. It was a birthday present to myself, I think. ^_^
Old 2006-02-11, 00:31   Link #95
dfens

I'm not offended in anyway. I know for a 35 dollar PVC you can't expect that much. Still for everyone else who orders online and goes by these supposed actual pics and gets a cheap PVC instead I would be dissappointed.

Luckly for me their is a japanese guy down the street from where I live who has a anime merchandise store and only sells stuff that you only can get in Japan. So I can see a figure etc. in person before I buy it. He charges a few bucks more than what they pay in Japan but at least it's way cheaper than buying direct from japan or HLJ and paying those high shipping fees.

I bought the FMP Tessa figure from him at retail and guess what it looked like the promotional pics the quality was dead on. No problems there. I got the Asuka in Gothica Dress, for the price and overall quality it was worth it. But the official pic was of the painted resign kit so that was deceptive. Hell I would have glady paid 200 bucks or more for it to look like the resign one but most people won't.

As for Saber figures go I like the one from Clayz I almost bought it, I still might but I wanted her in her full armor.

Personally I'm holding out for this Saber figure I'll check it out before I buy.

http://www.hlj.com/product/ALT20112
Old 2006-02-11, 01:44   Link #96
Equus

That's pretty cool. What city do you live in? Even here in Seattle, most local stores charge around equivalent of the retail on HLJ plus something a little less than EMS shipping or something. At least on items like the figures that aren't as high demand. I say that relatively speaking, of course.

Im not disappointed in the Clayz model. There is some slight defects in the paint and casting, but I kinda expect some of that. I may have preferred the armor, but I actually recently a resin of Saber with her armor and everything, so I'm good on that. I do, however, have to get around to assembling it and painting it. That'll probably be sometime in the next decade or something. >_< Too many resins...too little motivation.

I've seen the ads for that Alter figure, and I have to admit that I'm fairly impressed with that company. I hadn't really heard of them until recently, but I have the Rin swimsuit from them, and it's pretty nice. Though the skin tone is a little flat. Knowing how hard skin tone is though, I can live with that. I also FINALLY got the KOS-MOS figure from them as well. Good stuff. Clean paint jobs, decent as far as mold lines, and poses that are dynamic without being too much.

I have to admit that the one thing that I don't really like about the Fate/Hollow Ataraxia casual Saber is the face. I'm not sure exactly why. For some reason, there seems to be a roundness to the chin that I'm not really fond of, but that's so subjective it hurts. ^_^

The Clayz Rin is also back in stock at HLJ, and I ordered it. It's another one that I'm not too enthused about as far as faces go, but I thought it would make a nice partner to my Saber.

...one of these days, I probably should get help for my compulsive buying.
Old 2006-02-11, 03:40   Link #97
dfens

I live in the bay area California. The shop I frequent usually has good deals but recently on the more expensive PVC's and statutes he's been charging more if it's rare or popular or going to be a hot item. For gashapons, trading figures and all the other stuff he charges retail.

Luckly he gives me a 10 percent discount so basically that covers tax and then some.

I was going to get that Kosmos but I didn't like the transparent paint scheme they did other than that I thought it was perfect. As for GSC, Alter, and Clayz their really the only figure companies I'll buy from. I wish they made more statues though even though they over the 100 mark they tend to be the best. Like my Noir set from Yamato or the Newline NGE Misato.

I'm still debating on buying a box of the trading figures from GSC for fate stay. I heard from a friend who bought one that even though they are randomly packed that each box of 12 has one secret figure inside guranteed. And that you have a good chance of getting a full set of all 8.
Old 2006-02-11, 04:58   Link #98
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Any1 have a date for the release of the OST, or the main opening song, disillusion (slap me if thats wrong)?
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 07:59   Link #99
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
disillusion.

To be released on the 22nd of February. As to an OST, I don't believe one has been announced yet. So... no dates as of yet

-Andiyar
Old 2006-02-11, 08:19   Link #100
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar
disillusion.

To be released on the 22nd of February. As to an OST, I don't believe one has been announced yet. So... no dates as of yet

-Andiyar
Thank you!
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote