Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-08-21, 22:37   Link #681
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Quote:
Originally Posted by furuno
What's the average price for pizzas, hamburgers, and fast food in general in the US?
If you buy those frozen packaged types (those that you microwave at home) you can get them really cheap... I remember about US$2 per medium pizza.

However, where I come from, the pizzas are just expensive... I think it's just because everything's expensive. =o Can't even be bothered to eat at restaurants nowadays. Fast foods are cheaper, though. It's the pizza that's overpriced.
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 00:44   Link #682
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Ok my dad is asking me something about a radio but i'm confused, so i've come to ya for help ^_^. ( I have no skills or knowledge in Radios once so ever)

My dad is looking for a radio that can listen to international stations along with local stations, but I have no clue what to look at in the specs.

But if I correct, aren't all radio stations broadcasted on the same frequency meaning mostly on the 87.5 to 108.0 MHz range, and they usually don't have a large range as in distance, correct?

I live about 700 miles for the destination source of the radio in which my dad wants to listen to, but he cannot use the internet to listen to it cause my computer is in my room( he can't use the other comp too much too , which is usually used by my sisters for Maple Story which they place for like 14 hours each day, splitted among 3 of them of course). I don't want my dad listening to his oldies musics while I sleep

From looking at some products, I found the "SCA Mode" which I believe from conclusion is what I'm looking for. But i'm not sure once so ever.

Any help here?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 02:29   Link #683
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

There are alternatives to radio, you can just make him some CDs. Since you say junk music, I can only think of hard rock, classical or 70-80's. A lot of classical music is CC, here's a site that indexes sources: http://www.classiccat.net/. I guess there are a lot of the other two in CC as well, but I just listen to net radio. However, you should be able to find them Google-ing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
All the images were JPG and all had their own name (a number, but whatever); At one point however, they all become nameless (untitled) BMP images when I saved them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Answer - It's some weird IE issue.
If it was a site you visit often, link to it.
Old 2007-08-22, 02:34   Link #684
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
There are alternatives to radio, you can just make him some CDs. Since you say junk music, I can only think of hard rock, classical or 70-80's. A lot of classical music is CC, here's a site that indexes sources: http://www.classiccat.net/. I guess there are a lot of the other two in CC as well, but I just listen to net radio. However, you should be able to find them
Well... let's just say it's music either me or you would listen to , Cats ^_^. CD wise that would be impossible, well... more like he don't want them. If he's willing to fork over 250$s for a good radio, I think he might as well do it, cause he really never buy anything for himself.

ps: Well... maybe that 2500$ John Deer Lawnmower, might count

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-08-22, 03:36   Link #685
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
okay i have a dog question, this is the first time for me to have a female dog and i was wondering about that 3 month puppie able having period, for starters how is that called in English?

also i know that female dogs have blood lose in the down below area but how can you safely state that she is having that 3 month period, my mother told me about it and said that she might have it while theyre away on holiday, i checked this morning, there is a tiny bit of red surounding it but it looks like old dried up blood, let alone it could be from her fur there since her fur colour is redish orange

and are there days when the blood loss becomes bad and such? because my mom bought this dog pants for those months and if dogs have to wear pants im thinking its pretty bad :P
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 07:39   Link #686
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

i cant find the rule for the size of the sig,wonder how big was allowed?
Old 2007-08-22, 07:46   Link #687
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
i cant find the rule for the size of the sig,wonder how big was allowed?
http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?...#faq_rules_3_0

3.0 Signature Rules

Might as well copy paste it here
Quote:
These rules apply only to member signatures. Users who do not wish to see member signatures may disable them in their User Profiles via the User Control Panel.

The Signature Rules are only loosely enforced. Never-the-less, signatures that violate them will be replaced with a warning. Members who ignore this warning and keep violating the Signature Rules will be temporarily banned. Annoying signatures, or those that break the General Rules, may be edited or removed without warning at the sole discretion of the staff. In addition, please do not use spoiler, indent or quote tags in signatures.
3.1 Size Limits

In order to keep The Forum fast for those who wish to see signatures we feel it is necessary to impose limits. Various combinations of images and text are permitted in signatures; these are summarized below:

* Text Only
Text only signatures may have a maximum of six (6) lines of text (including blank lines), assuming the default font size or smaller. Larger font sizes means that fewer lines are allowed.
* Images Only
50,000 bytes or less: Maximum of 500 pixels wide x 160 pixels tall
* Image and Text
Signatures with both text and images may have a maximum of two (2) lines of text, assuming the default font size or smaller. Larger font sizes are not permitted.
50,000 bytes or less: Maximum of 500 pixels wide x 120 pixels tall

If multiple images are used, then the limits apply to all images combined.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 11:45   Link #688
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Answer - It's some weird IE issue.
If it was a site you visit often, link to it.
IE eh? I though as much. Thanks for the answer.

The site has some questionable content, that makes me think putting a link to it would be a bad idea indeed.

It's good to know were the problems lies, though.
Old 2007-08-22, 22:45   Link #689
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by furuno View Post
Question :
What's the average price for pizzas, hamburgers, and fast food in general in the US?

I'm quite curious and want to compare them with the ones from my country...
For a more comprehensive view, you might take a look at The Economist's Big Mac Index, an only somewhat tongue-in-cheek approach to comparing the relative value of currencies by looking at the price of a Big Mac in different countries. Right now, Big Mac's are quite a good deal in Indonesia, costing just US$1.76 compared to US$3.41 here in the States. Most folks in Scandinavia have to spend over $5 for the sandwich, reaching a high of US$7.61 in Iceland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Ok my dad is asking me something about a radio but i'm confused, so i've come to ya for help ^_^. ( I have no skills or knowledge in Radios once so ever)

My dad is looking for a radio that can listen to international stations along with local stations, but I have no clue what to look at in the specs.
I guess you're too young to have heard of "shortwave" radio? There are hundreds of stations across the globe that broadcast in a variety of bands that were chosen because they propagate well across long distances. I owned a shortwave radio when I was a kid and enjoyed listening to stations like Radio Moscow at the height of the Cold War. You might want to start at the Wiki page; I thought this set of receiver reviews looked pretty helpful as well.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 02:03   Link #690
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
okay i have a dog question, this is the first time for me to have a female dog and i was wondering about that 3 month puppie able having period, for starters how is that called in English?
There are a few terms that could be used to describe that. Being "in heat" is perhaps one of the more common ones, although you may just want to say that she's entered the reproductive cycle.

Quote:
also i know that female dogs have blood lose in the down below area but how can you safely state that she is having that 3 month period
Are you saying that the dog has been bleeding for three months? If so, that's not a period.

If you're asking how to tell whether the dog is actually undergoing a period, good question. Take her to a vet to be truly sure, I've never seen an animal with a truly visible period. If there's blood and it seems thicker/clumpier than what "regular" blood would look like, then it's probably menstrual blood.

Quote:
and are there days when the blood loss becomes bad and such? because my mom bought this dog pants for those months and if dogs have to wear pants im thinking its pretty bad :P
The blood flow should start, increase, and then decrease until it stops. So yes, on certain days it would be worse than usual. But I don't know that dogs bleed as much as humans do, so I don't think that the dog is going to be leaking all over the place. Her fur may need to be cleaned a bit, but it shouldn't be anything too severe.

Then again, I'm not specializing in veterinary science, so don't take this as gospel.
Old 2007-08-23, 17:26   Link #691
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
There are a few terms that could be used to describe that. Being "in heat" is perhaps one of the more common ones, although you may just want to say that she's entered the reproductive cycle.

Are you saying that the dog has been bleeding for three months? If so, that's not a period.

If you're asking how to tell whether the dog is actually undergoing a period, good question. Take her to a vet to be truly sure, I've never seen an animal with a truly visible period. If there's blood and it seems thicker/clumpier than what "regular" blood would look like, then it's probably menstrual blood.

The blood flow should start, increase, and then decrease until it stops. So yes, on certain days it would be worse than usual. But I don't know that dogs bleed as much as humans do, so I don't think that the dog is going to be leaking all over the place. Her fur may need to be cleaned a bit, but it shouldn't be anything too severe.

Then again, I'm not specializing in veterinary science, so don't take this as gospel.
thanks for answering i wa sin uthe rpanic that she was starting to go into heat, i checked her up with another former female dog owner.. it seems that her fur surounding THAT area is naturally redish, like the colour of dried blood *rofl* i gues thats what you get for having a fox dog lol but thank God she isnt in heat
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 01:47   Link #692
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Not sure if this belongs here, but I'd like to ask how this happened:

Pelly's signature crossed over to the next post. D:
Old 2007-08-24, 02:04   Link #693
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post

Holy **** on a ******* sandwich! HAX!
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 07:10   Link #694
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Simple he floated it left. (using the counter-intuitive: [wr][/wr] tag)

Floats in Css are meant to span pages and go outside the box which incloses them. The idea is for the text in the next page to wrap so there are no huge lumps of empty space on the page. Empty space resulting from the preceding text on the current block not spanning (wrapping) the particular image all the way down.

IE breaks the rule.
I guess Pelly must be using IE ATM.
Old 2007-08-24, 16:25   Link #695
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:

It's just a bug, you can refresh your current tab or browser and that usually fixes it

--

Can someone tell me what program this user from youtube is using for his computer sketching?

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2007-08-24 at 21:28.
Old 2007-08-24, 23:11   Link #696
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Can someone tell me what program this user from youtube is using for his computer sketching?

It's openCanvas. Not too sure which version though.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 23:17   Link #697
genryou
The ______ maker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to genryou
@Aoie_Emesai - she/he was using openCanvas...further information about openCanvas can be found here

Question - in GITS ost, 'Inner Universe' there's a lyric which said 'watch in awe, aeria gloris'..

so, what does aeria gloris means?
genryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 23:32   Link #698
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Quote:
Originally Posted by genryou View Post
I used a translator: Heavenly glory

Or something xD. It's Latin I guess.
Old 2007-08-25, 23:04   Link #699
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
It's openCanvas. Not too sure which version though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by genryou View Post
@Aoie_Emesai - she/he was using openCanvas...further information about openCanvas can be found here

Question - in GITS ost, 'Inner Universe' there's a lyric which said 'watch in awe, aeria gloris'..

So that's why those videos are called drawing on openCanvas ^_^. Heheheh

Old 2007-08-26, 00:48   Link #700
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:

Fear the power of Hinagiku!

Quote:
I guess Pelly must be using IE ATM.[/size]
Nope, haven't been using IE in ages.

But that sort of thing happens to me too sometimes. At that point I usually just delete the cache, close the browser and reopen.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious