Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-11-05, 04:19   Link #7461
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Anyway in other news: Gary Kubiak suffered a 'mini-stroke' during Houston's game against the Indianapolis Colts. I wonder if Kubiak may choose to retire after this season?
That sucks. With this incident and the way the season is going Kubiak might either get fired or just step down. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't come back at all. It's a shame. I really think he's a good offensive coach and it was good to see him get the Texans to the playoffs in back to back seasons. If Keenum is the man going forward he's going to have to learn another offense.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 19:50   Link #7462
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Rodgers has a broken collarbone and will probably miss about 3 weeks.

Last edited by Dilla; 2013-11-05 at 20:19.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 19:56   Link #7463
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Rodgers has broke collarbone and will probably miss about 3 weeks.
If Green Bay can lean on the running game, they still have a chance to do well. I wish him a speedy recovery, no one likes injuries. Looks like my fantasy team is sunk this year. First Steven Jackson, then Arian Foster, now Aaron Rodgers. Injuries have decimated my squad.
Old 2013-11-05, 22:56   Link #7464
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
A big lot, I already mentioned that I was satisfied with the receiving corps for the Jaguars for next year, until this happened. The Jaguars gotten its deep threat in Cecil Shorts who is a flanker, a middle dagger with brute strength in slot back receiver Blackmon, a mixture of both worlds in Mike Brown that can play slot and deep essentially like a split end receiver, and finally Ace Sanders who is the slot receiver.

The Jaguars had all 4 types of receivers and they work well together, Cecil Shorts and Blackmon are great receivers while Sanders and Brown are above average and are looking to improve a lot to become bigger names. Now most likely, they will need to find another slot back receiver. They need that big body wide receiver that has agility and can literally take the ball out of the air.

The plan for the Jaguars was to draft a franchise Quarterback in either Mariota or Bridgewaters. Then, the franchise Quarterback got all the weapons he needs. Thus, the Jaguars only needed to improve the offensive line, defensive line, pass rusher, and linebacker corps. Now we need to add wide receiver into that, not just any wide receiver but a big physical and agile wide receiver.
It's not like we have to get rid of Blackmon you know.

Also screw you Tampa. Can't believe they let a 21-0 lead slip in and lost in OT. Just win fucking game. They can beat Miami at home especially with all the scandal going on with them right now. If they don't beat them then I swear they're purposely losing.
Old 2013-11-05, 23:24   Link #7465
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
It's not like we have to get rid of Blackmon you know.
I know, but can you see Goodell reinstating Blackmon in 2014, considering what he has done thus far as commissioner?

We need to find another weapon for our next franchise quarterback. Sure, having 3 of the 4 receiver would seem enough, but I rather more than enough. I like Blackmon, I don't find him unlikable, he has a drinking problem and I hope for the best for him. However, I must think about the best of the franchise too.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 23:44   Link #7466
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I just don't think we have a pick to waste on strengthening the receiving core when it's already good enough and we have a lot of other positions that need to be fixed. All the best receivers will be gone by the second round. Also, it's already confirmed that Blackmon will be allowed to return next year.
Old 2013-11-05, 23:52   Link #7467
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I just don't think we have a pick to waste on strengthening the receiving core when it's already good enough and we have a lot of other positions that need to be fixed. All the best receivers will be gone by the second round. Also, it's already confirmed that Blackmon will be allowed to return next year.
????? Really, I didn't read any reports that mentioned that. All the reports I've read mentioned that Blackmon must petition to be reinstated for the 2014-2015 season. Its not a sure thing I believe.
Old 2013-11-06, 00:05   Link #7468
Samari
World's Greatest

I wonder if the Jaguars will have enough capital to sign a decent veteran quarterback like Schaub in the offseason and also draft a highly touted rookie like Teddy Bridgewater or Marcus Mariota. With the new rookie wage scale a lot less ridiculous it might work. And you can have a youngster learn while having a chance in every game with the veteran. Unlike now where it's hopeless. I don't know the Jaguars salary cap situation though. One thing they should do is go back to their uniforms from the 1990's. Their current getup is hideous.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-11-06, 00:21   Link #7469
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I wonder if the Jaguars will have enough capital to sign a decent veteran quarterback like Schaub in the offseason and also draft a highly touted rookie like Teddy Bridgewater or Marcus Mariota. With the new rookie wage scale a lot less ridiculous it might work. And you can have a youngster learn while having a chance in every game with the veteran. Unlike now where it's hopeless. I don't know the Jaguars salary cap situation though. One thing they should do is go back to their uniforms from the 1990's. Their current getup is hideous.
Jaguars Cap Salary, is one of the lowest in the NFL. Currently the second highest team with the most cap behind Cleveland at $19,841,970 while Cleveland is at 25,072,813. In the off season, we are expected to have 22 million in cap without trading. we may have higher cap relief trading for more draft picks. So I believe we have more than enough to sign some quality players. I believe Henne could provide some veteran experience, best to save money in my opinion.

The teams that are bad conditions are the Giants, Vikings, Texans and Buccaneers. As bad as they have been, look at their cap salary, how can they rebuild for next year?

Here is the link
Cap Salary for Every Team
Old 2013-11-06, 00:59   Link #7470
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
????? Really, I didn't read any reports that mentioned that. All the reports I've read mentioned that Blackmon must petition to be reinstated for the 2014-2015 season. Its not a sure thing I believe.
I read on my phone that he would be eligible to return in 2014. Didn't know there were extra stipulations beyond that. I don't think Goodell would ban him forever because of a pot problem if he gets it fixed in the next year and proves it though.

Either way, still don't think we need to use a pick on another receiver.

Quote:
Jaguars Cap Salary, is one of the lowest in the NFL. Currently the second highest team with the most cap behind Cleveland at $19,841,970 while Cleveland is at 25,072,813. In the off season, we are expected to have 22 million in cap without trading. we may have higher cap relief trading for more draft picks. So I believe we have more than enough to sign some quality players. I believe Henne could provide some veteran experience, best to save money in my opinion.

The teams that are bad conditions are the Giants, Vikings, Texans and Buccaneers. As bad as they have been, look at their cap salary, how can they rebuild for next year?

Here is the link
Thing is none of those teams should be as bad as they are. It's either bad quarterbacking or bad coaching. The Bucs should be able to beat either Miami or the Bills in the next two weeks hopefully. The league screwed us by giving them the AFC East and us the AFC West. I really wish Andy Reid would do us a few favors and lose a fucking game. Funny how the team that bumped us out of getting the top pick next year may indirectly be responsible for bumping is out the of the top pick this year too. Ultimate example of because Jaguars. >.>
Old 2013-11-06, 03:46   Link #7471
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:

Here is the link
I think you guys need to get rid of Henne. He's just horrible. You can find another veteran for the same price or cheaper that would provide better quality or at worse, the same. You want a veteran that actually gives you hope to win a game.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-11-06, 09:43   Link #7472
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I read on my phone that he would be eligible to return in 2014. Didn't know there were extra stipulations beyond that. I don't think Goodell would ban him forever because of a pot problem if he gets it fixed in the next year and proves it though.

Either way, still don't think we need to use a pick on another receiver.
I think I will retract my statement of drafting a wide receiver. Though I do think that if Brandon Coleman from the Rutgers fall into the 4th or 5th round, we should draft him.

However, I do think we should keep our draft picks for essential needs. Quite possible, we should sign a quality wide receiver in the off season. Such as Jeremy Maclin from the Eagles or Hakeen Nicks from Giants. Both are looking for new homes and scenery. Then there are Kenny Britt from the Titans, Danario Alexander from the Chargers, Emmanuel Sanders from the Steelers, and James Jones from the Packers.
Quote:
Thing is none of those teams should be as bad as they are. It's either bad quarterbacking or bad coaching. The Bucs should be able to beat either Miami or the Bills in the next two weeks hopefully. The league screwed us by giving them the AFC East and us the AFC West. I really wish Andy Reid would do us a few favors and lose a fucking game. Funny how the team that bumped us out of getting the top pick next year may indirectly be responsible for bumping is out the of the top pick this year too. Ultimate example of because Jaguars. >.>
True, but they are in deep trouble. Also, I agree, hopefully the Buccaneers win against someone. Having the first selection in every round is needed. I hope we select either Vic Beasley DE from Clemson if he falls into the second round though that is wishful thinking. a likely scenario would be Trent Murphy DE from Standford, or if we want to draft a pass rusher in the 3rd round Michael Sam from Missouri would be a perfect choice.

Quote:
I think you guys need to get rid of Henne. He's just horrible. You can find another veteran for the same price or cheaper that would provide better quality or at worse, the same. You want a veteran that actually gives you hope to win a game.
I double check, yeah, I just notice that Henne is a free agent after this season.So we should find a veteran Quarterback in the off season. There are notable veterans in the off season next year, like you said.

Though I didn't know that Matt Schaub was a free agent next year, he wasn't listed on the 2014 free agent list? Even so, he is quite expensive at 4.4 million that is expected though that is the same with Henne so it shouldn't be a problem.

However, I am more drawn into inexpensive veteran Quarterbacks in Michael Vick and Rex Grossman.
Old 2013-11-06, 20:49   Link #7473
sky black swordman

Quote:
Though I didn't know that Matt Schaub was a free agent next year, he wasn't listed on the 2014 free agent list? Even so, he is quite expensive at 4.4 million that is expected though that is the same with Henne so it shouldn't be a problem.

However, I am more drawn into inexpensive veteran Quarterbacks in Michael Vick and Rex Grossman.
That list is pretty inaccurate. For example, on Long Snappers list has Jon Condo, listed as a Free Agent in 2014. But the thing is the Raiders sign LS Jon Condo to three-year extension a few months ago.
Old 2013-11-06, 21:05   Link #7474
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
That list is pretty inaccurate. For example, on Long Snappers list has Jon Condo, listed as a Free Agent in 2014. But the thing is the Raiders sign LS Jon Condo to three-year extension a few months ago.
Thanks for the clarification, however, I think I would like Michael Vick to mentor our next Franchise Quarterback.
Old 2013-11-06, 21:43   Link #7475
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:

I just expect Schaub to be available. He'll be more expensive than a Rex Grossman, but at least you'll be able to win some games with him.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-11-06, 22:08   Link #7476
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I just expect Schaub to be available. He'll be more expensive than a Rex Grossman, but at least you'll be able to win some games with him.
True, but I don't think that the Texans would let him off without getting any value off of him. The situation of Michael Vick and Rex Grossman seems to be more ideal, both Quarterbacks are veterans. Though Michael Vick seems to be more ideal into the situation the Jaguars are in.

Depending on the Buccaneers, Jaguars are either getting Bridgewater or Mariota. Mariota is a dual threat Quarterback that is equally dangerous scrambling as he does passing. Bridgewater is a pocket Quarterback, but when he needs to, he is a shabby scrambler.

Michael Vick would be perfect for the Jaguars to mentor either Bridewater and Mariota. While Vick has his struggles, I believe new scenery could spark something of him. Plus, considering what kind of season he has had. He would not be asking more than 3.5 million I believe. As well, he works better in the offensive scheme of Jedd Fisch than Schaub and Grossman.
Old 2013-11-06, 22:26   Link #7477
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

We're assuming Mariota declares at all though. I'm also just not a big believer of Mariota coming to our team straight out of college. He needs to sit a year and learn how to be a NFL QB. At Oregon he doesn't have to make any of his own reads and he never learned how to go through progressions properly. I'm really worried if he comes here and we start him it'll be Gabbert 2.0. Or he'll just run the ball so much that he's always risking getting injured like RGIII.

Fuck it, I wouldn't use the second pick on Mariota. He's not worth it. It would be a reach. If we miss Bridgewater then we should either draft Clowney or hold a king's ransom for him/the second pick.
Old 2013-11-07, 01:48   Link #7478
VTHokiePride

Quote:
We're assuming Mariota declares at all though. I'm also just not a big believer of Mariota coming to our team straight out of college. He needs to sit a year and learn how to be a NFL QB. At Oregon he doesn't have to make any of his own reads and he never learned how to go through progressions properly. I'm really worried if he comes here and we start him it'll be Gabbert 2.0. Or he'll just run the ball so much that he's always risking getting injured like RGIII.

Fuck it, I wouldn't use the second pick on Mariota. He's not worth it. It would be a reach. If we miss Bridgewater then we should either draft Clowney or hold a king's ransom for him/the second pick.
You could trade down in the draft to get more picks to bolster your offense. Mariota going that high would be understandable. You don't need to declare him the starter but have him compete during the offseason for the starting job. Mariota will not make it out of the first round though. There are a lot of teams that could really use a QB. The Vikings, Cardinals, Jaguars, Eagles, and Texans to name a few. Unless the Eagles want to role with Foles because we all know Vick isn't healthy enough and Barkley is not the answer. If Keenum plays well for the next few games, he could be their guy. The Bucs may want to look for another QB, but they're pretty set on Glennon.
Old 2013-11-07, 02:44   Link #7479
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

If he declares Mariota is going in the top 3 but I don't want it to be us. We've risked top picks too many times and gotten burned to do it again. I want to go the safe route for once instead of always getting slapped in the fast with our top first round picks. If the pick isn't a sure thing like Bridgewater or Clowney I don't want to take it. Anyway, I see Mariota going to the Vikings. I think Arizona is going to draft Tajh Boyd, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans stunned everyone and drafted Manziel. I also see Cleveland picking up Zach Mettenberger with their second first round pick (and use the first on Mike Evans).
Old 2013-11-07, 05:50   Link #7480
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Glennon's only major issue from the games I saw him play is accuracy. He can fix that. He has pocket awareness and decent decision-making. Tampa will probably stay with him. Foles needs to be given a full season. He's bounced between mediocre and utterly brilliant. Vick will never stay healthy - just let Foles roll with it in Philly for the rest of the season and see how he goes. Keenum is exciting - if he can keep slinging it without collateral damage, Houston have someone they can build around.

Minnesota, St. Louis and Arizona have to go after quarterbacks as well as Jacksonville. Minnesota needs to spend most of their picks on defense, though, in any position Jared Allen isn't - it's beyond a liability now. St. Louis need offense badly - Tavon Austin could end up being the biggest bust of the 2013 draft. Arizona needs to finally fix their O-line...Tampa needs to shore up their front seven on defense and top up the O-line. I think others have detailed Jacksonville's many needs already.

Tags
american football, sports