AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-02, 02:39   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

K-On! - Character Discussion - Sawako

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Sawako related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all K-On! fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-05-02, 02:52   Link #2
Keio
Serious Business

Thanks for this thread!

To everyone who has read the manga, will Sawako play an even bigger role in the upcoming episodes? Will she join the girls in performing in any concert?
Old 2009-05-02, 02:57   Link #3
Xacual

Spoiler for From the translated manga:

She is definitely one of my favorite characters though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-05-02, 03:27   Link #4
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

I still remembered that before ep5, some people said no one would love Sawako. I suppose things should have changed LOL

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

Old 2009-05-02, 04:47   Link #5
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

I didn't get much of feel of Sawa-chan in the manga. But thanks to episode 5, she started to become one of my favorite characters. Because of that, I made a sig of her.

Plus, her two personalities is a win!
Old 2009-05-02, 04:56   Link #6
ReddyRedWolf

Loved how she is willing to drag Yui to the dark side. No Mugi not the dark side you're thinking.
Old 2009-05-02, 05:32   Link #7
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I have this to say:

VISUAL KEI SENSEI ROCKS!!!!

Forget Mio! Sawako is the true star of K-ON!
Old 2009-05-02, 08:23   Link #8
sikvod00

Them glasses need to go.
Old 2009-05-02, 08:28   Link #9
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Them glasses need to go.
No, then how will you tell when she's Clark Kent and when she's Superman?
Old 2009-05-02, 08:33   Link #10
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
No, then how will you tell when she's Clark Kent and when she's Supermanwoman?
I prefer the title Godess of Metal, personally.
Old 2009-05-02, 09:23   Link #11
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Sawako is da bossssss

Metal up your ass!
Old 2009-05-02, 10:37   Link #12
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeTheme View Post
I still remembered that before ep5, some people said no one would love Sawako. I suppose things should have changed LOL
ehh there was people actually saying that?!

How could there not be love for Sawa-chan??!!!

I loved her in the manga but the anime does make her sooo much better, props to K-yoni
Old 2009-05-02, 11:08   Link #13
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
ehh there was people actually saying that?!
In fact, everybody was saying the opposite!!!

Quote:
I loved her in the manga but the anime does make her sooo much better, props to K-yoni
I told ya... Kyo Ani will put steroids on the manga and it will be epic win, because in an anime they can milk all kind of aspects that manga can't.
Old 2009-05-02, 12:05   Link #14
DidCart

Mio still is the best character on the show, but Krauser-Sawako is the second one! Promess to be a hilarious character!!!
Old 2009-05-02, 12:32   Link #15
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Sawa-chan is a nice character...duality characters are really good when they are pulled off right. And she is.

But I have to know, is anyone else irritated by her story? It's kind of cliche that she does all of this for a guy, but it feels kind of empty that she drops all her talent after he royally shafted her. (And she's focused on keeping that good image)
Old 2009-05-02, 12:45   Link #16
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Sawa-chan is a nice character...duality characters are really good when they are pulled off right. And she is.

But I have to know, is anyone else irritated by her story? It's kind of cliche that she does all of this for a guy, but it feels kind of empty that she drops all her talent after he royally shafted her. (And she's focused on keeping that good image)
Well love makes you do stupid things. And it's better to forget those stupid things we did.
Old 2009-05-02, 13:47   Link #17
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

At first i though all this talk about the super teacher was all hype, and that we would only be hinted at her past self. Luckily i was wrong. She was pretty awesome before, and seems like she still has it in her now. Still wont beat Mio, but shes up there.

And on another note, the glasses remind me of Sanae's moe school girl mode so i like them.
Old 2009-05-02, 17:45   Link #18
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

I worship thee Sawa-chan My number one favorite character in the series. Everyone else can have Mio, Sawa-chan will be all mine! Muahaha It's going to be fun with her around and her love to cosplay.
Old 2009-05-02, 22:44   Link #19
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Well love makes you do stupid things. And it's better to forget those stupid things we did.
Yeah, but it feels a bit empty in a way. Especially since she's so focused on keeping her reputation as the sweet music teacher.
Old 2009-05-02, 23:02   Link #20
Fran~
floating away...

"Sweet music teacher" is like to see a "Calm and quiet PE Teacher"...

Even Yui, who is a very easygoing young girl can feel that "POWER" when you're behind and instrument.

Sawa-chan also, she went from the shy girl to the wild one just by the power of the music. Probably she is hiding the fact because how much she overdid it more than the fact she just was in the music club... so, her sweet teacher facade is more about hiding how extreme she was.

Tags
characters