AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-01, 09:30   Link #81
Scab
Saizen
*Fansubber

Quote:
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this is unavailable in your region.
Boo. And here I was just about to sign up with CR again.
Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 11:39   Link #82
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The Internet, as balkanized by absurd "regionalization licensing". I'm starting to see it in MMOs (sorry, you can't play with your European friends) and its long been an annoying feature of DVDs.

I foresee proxies becoming a bigger and bigger underground business (subscribe to a proxy so you can "be" in whatever region you need to "be" in).
Old 2009-07-01, 11:58   Link #83
Theowne
耳をすませば

What is it counting down to? "Aoihana 1"? It can't be the first episode....Sorry, never used CR before.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 12:06   Link #84
Midonin
Last Engage

It is the first episode.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 12:41   Link #85
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scab View Post
Same, I don't even know why I even bothered clicking the CR link in the first place, the outcome was obvious...

I was able to catch a glimpse of the first episode. Just the first five minutes, sadly. But for those who were wondering about the OP...

Spoiler for OP-related:
Old 2009-07-01, 14:03   Link #86
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scab View Post
hmmm.... I'm watching the streams from Australia and we usually get the short end of the stick. Maybe try again?
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 14:28   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
Spoiler for Episode 01:

This is one manga reader who's very impressed with the first episode. Can't wait to hear what none-manga readers will have to say about it.
Old 2009-07-01, 14:31   Link #88
E_I
Yuri fan

Yes. The Opening is awesome. Kunihiko Ikuhara's magic touch works again. I especially like the dancing scene...hell, I love the whole opening.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 14:44   Link #89
Theowne
耳をすませば

Non manga reader here. The first episode hasn't told me enough to know if I will watch this to the end, but so far I love the art style, music, and general pacing/direction.

I've never used or heard of Crunchyroll before but if what I just went through is any indication of the future, heck I would gladly pay monthly fees to have that kind of a service with all the current anime.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 15:20   Link #90
TheBigN
Piercing heavens with ~s
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheBigN Send a message via MSN to TheBigN Send a message via Yahoo to TheBigN
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
Yes. The Opening is awesome. Kunihiko Ikuhara's magic touch works again. I especially like the dancing scene...hell, I love the whole opening.
The dancing scene was the best part of it for me, but I do agree that it's a nice opening. And I liked how the first episode was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne
Non manga reader here. The first episode hasn't told me enough to know if I will watch this to the end, but so far I love the art style, music, and general pacing/direction.
That's good to know. :3

Drastic My Anime Blog- My anime blog.
TheBigN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 15:39   Link #91
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yes, a great start. I love the look and the pacing. And the way they have adapted the manga so faithfully to its spirit.

I thought Takabe Ai, Fumi's seiyuu, was outstanding. I had no real idea what Fumi's voice should sound like, but Takabe-san gave me something that both suits Fumi and deepens the impression of her character.

I was actually not as pleased by Gibu Yuuko as Akira. I thought the voice a bit too harsh and more a standard anime voice than real acting. But still quite serviceable in the role.

The OP is good, especially the animation. The whirling, the flowers, and the nude scene are great.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 15:42   Link #92
BrokenWingz

A decent first start to say at least.

Spoiler for saving space,:
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 16:18   Link #93
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

My impressions after seeing episode one. I haven't read the manga but I know of it through the authors other story, Horou Musuko.

The opening (including the transition to it) was very beautiful. The art and style worked really well with the music.

The actual episode art/story/plot - very good. The look is distinct enough that you start to appreciate the soft tones and lines. The animation is fluid and natural. The voice acting was pretty good. The plot was good, although the pacing was slow. I liked that even if they never made any future episodes this one was still good enough to stand on its own.

The ED was soothing and beautiful. I generally skip OP's and ED's, because the songs don't match up to the images or they are just boring to listen to. The music in this series is something I would buy. It's very beautiful and yet subtle at the same time.

Looking forward to episode two.
Old 2009-07-01, 17:22   Link #94
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've done a blog post introducing the four main characters and their seiyuus, with pics.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 17:49   Link #95
SidVicious
Anime addict

A cute first ep.
Old 2009-07-01, 18:01   Link #96
ThoHell

Hmm... hm.... interesting first episode. 1 word .... YURIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 19:58   Link #97
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Episode 1 Screenshots and Impressions
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 20:16   Link #98
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Good first episode. Atmosphere and visuals are nice... Not exactly a fan of yuri, but curious to see where the story will go.
OP/ED are both nice... Though the last shot of the OP made me nearly choke on my coke (dangerous...). (-_-)

Something like that...

Siscon aniki... (´・ω・`)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 21:00   Link #99
Lesca

Nice first episode, liked the art a lot and the quality of the animation, hopefully it will last that way for the duration, I'd hate to see it dip near the end.
After reading the manga I suppose I didn't really have a particular voice in my head for any of the characters, but Fumi's surprised me, it's quite soft but I think it suits her.
Old 2009-07-01, 21:36   Link #100
Knowledge Seeker
Student/Lurker

I never thought I'd be able to get into a show like this, but it's wonderful. I absolutely love the settings. I know that the Honey and Clover director is involved in this, and it shows.

I almost wanted to pause during the episode to take in the scenery. The city, the school, everything is setup so perfectly. And the direction of the episode didn't bore me. It's not overly cheesy, it's just right. Characterization seems good so far, I need a few more episodes to give a better opinion.

But this brightened up my day.
Knowledge Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, school life, yuri