AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

View Poll Results: Hidan no Aria - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 7 13.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 25.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 15.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 15.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 13.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 5.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-13, 02:03   Link #41
EroKing

Censoring in anime these days is common now as they want more people to buy the blurays which are usually uncensored.
Old 2011-05-13, 02:08   Link #42
tsunade666

nah, it's probably to counter the upcoming ishi-storm. They don't want it to be cancelled or rejected to begin with.

expect more to come after that storm arrives.
Old 2011-05-13, 02:16   Link #43
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Censoring in anime these days is common now as they want more people to buy the blurays which are usually uncensored.
Considering its Aria-chan....

...what is there to uncensor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666
nah, it's probably to counter the upcoming ishi-storm. They don't want it to be cancelled or rejected to begin with.

expect more to come after that storm
Pretty soon they'll have toilet-signs censored because its hows a likeness of a girl wearing a skirt!! Oh call the preacher, that's sexual!!
Old 2011-05-13, 02:41   Link #44
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Before I begin by sharing my take on this episode, I probably should preface it by saying I'm an anime-only viewer.

As an anime-only viewer, I thoroughly enjoyed that thrill ride of an episode. It felt like a good summer blockbuster action flick converted into an anime episode.

Aria and Kinji both become more likable with each passing episode, and they were both exceptionally cool and impressive here (Kinji in particular, I felt).

Parts of this episode were a little hard to swallow on a basic believability level, but that kind of goes with the territory of being an over-the-top action blockbuster.

Episode 5 did feel like the end of an "origin story" to me, and on that count, it was a good one.
Old 2011-05-13, 02:57   Link #45
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

What made the hypocrisy of the censorship worse was that whereas Aria's flat and un-arousing bra-covered chest was censored with an unnatural beam of light inside a plane , no sudden beam of "daylight" obscured Riko-chan's sexy full-bodied lingere descent (thank goodness for that though ) out the plane.
Old 2011-05-13, 04:08   Link #46
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
The one thing I enjoyed the most in this episode was the preview of the next one. It seems Shinrayuki is going all out against Aria next week. That's gotta be fun!

Silaqui.
Old 2011-05-13, 04:32   Link #47
ZeKeR
Superbad

Can I now confirm the equation

Lupin III + Fujiko = Riko

again?

DAT ESCAPE just made me go O_o
Old 2011-05-13, 05:48   Link #48
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
DAT ESCAPE just made me go O_o
"Stop...bleeding....nose.... or you are going to.... [Dies.]"
Old 2011-05-13, 07:53   Link #49
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

okay!
I still feel that this anime is getting better and better (except that over-censored scene which completely ruin the moment)
they animated the action and romance scene very well.... (I'm anime-only in this part so I love this episode)
But I agree if you say that Shirayuki's scene isn't animated well because they fast forward the scene...
overall, I completely enjoy this episode (feels like watching action movie in theater, huh?)

so, the hysteria mode can go longer if Kinji uses 'kiss' stimulant, heh? this is looking interesting... lol
Old 2011-05-13, 08:06   Link #50
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

As a novel reader, I was expecting a bit more out of the episode but eh, I guess they gotta rush things a bit to fit the time frame of an episode. Still, I think it was alright overall.

On another note...I admit that I took off my shirt upon seeing Riko's escape scene but...it didn't become a parachute. I was sad.
Old 2011-05-13, 08:33   Link #51
AP24

It's too bad that they skip some parts in the light novel. I had to read the manga to see those parts. Anyway, this show just keeps getting better and this was my favorite ep so far. The next ep will be hilarious especially in the beginning. lol
Old 2011-05-13, 09:06   Link #52
tsunade666

well It will just keep getting better and better and I see no reason for fans to bash it. As I was scouting in other forums and the subgroup who did this. Man the reason they are watching it is because the group sub it.... man talk about reason. troll feeding in troll.

But the way they handle it if you haven't read the manga or novel. It's quite enjoyable. I while watching it. I just turn my brains off and enjoy the show and its an awesome ride
Old 2011-05-13, 09:15   Link #53
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
I also need to ask HOW IN THE WORLD CAN SHE BREATHE IN THAT THIN AIR....
If you look carefully you'll see that the plane is only 3300 feet up; hardly thin air. It's when you go beyond 10,000 feet that you need oxygen. Also, the ID tag for the plane is wrong - it's most likely supposed to be a 707, not a 737 - the 737 doesn't have the range to go anywhere significant from Japan, and it has only 2 engines; a 707 has longer legs and can travel further distances without refuelling.

Trust me - I grew up in a jungle on the back of a mountain range in the middle of nowhere - average altitude was 2500 feet and we did fine. We regularly went for holidays at a National Park where the altitude was 5000 feet and had few problems besides keeping warm at night. Riko being able to breath at 3300 feet is normal.

I find it interesting, however, that the Japanese government would rather the plane crash at sea than make an emergency landing at Haneda and potentially go up in flames, blocking the runway and closing the airport. On the other hand I can see my government doing the same thing, all in the name of face, which is something few Westerners will understand.

So to save face in case of a crash, they have them crash at sea. Makes sense, in the twisted Asian way.

I do wonder how Mutou got all those lights setup and where he got the generator's to power them. There is no way in hell he and the boat driver could have done it by themselves - and I've done setup for various events, so I know what I'm talking about. Mind, this is something we're better off not thinking too much about. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-05-13, 09:21   Link #54
Shadow6543

loved this ep! i think the show is actually getting better haters gonna hate
Old 2011-05-13, 09:32   Link #55
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

I do wonder how Mutou got all those lights setup and where he got the generator's to power them. There is no way in hell he and the boat driver could have done it by themselves - and I've done setup for various events, so I know what I'm talking about. Mind, this is something we're better off not thinking too much about. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Mutou is not alone. His with his classmates when that happen. He only need to ask the other butei students and not the masters if he want to get away fast with it.
Old 2011-05-13, 09:44   Link #56
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Point, but we only see him and the boat driver...

Simplest explanation is that the rest of the off-duty students got roped in to help, but of course where are the generators, the cabling, etc etc...

Bah, I'm just nitpicking It's an action movie, you don't think too much you just enjoy. Like Hot Fuzz or Bad Boys 2. XD

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-05-13, 10:03   Link #57
Seihai
スマイリウム

Great episode. So this anime actually has supernatural powers, that's why Riko's hair. This girl's got a lot of girly secrets I see. That parachute stunt was really cool. If I was crazy enough I'd just jump after her and cling to her in underpantsu during the whole landing. Man, that'd be an experience.

I'm not too fond of AriaxKinji but their mutual understanding and that first kiss made me approve of them anyway. It's probably because Aria's personality somehow improved over the last few episodes. Ah well, my favorite girls will never find their happiness. However! Shirayuki will have her arc next time and I'm looking forward to that a ton. Miko yandere with katana. Does she have supernatural powers, too? Like Unlimited Blade Works? Just kiddin'.
Old 2011-05-13, 10:16   Link #58
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Point, but we only see him and the boat driver...

Simplest explanation is that the rest of the off-duty students got roped in to help, but of course where are the generators, the cabling, etc etc...

Bah, I'm just nitpicking It's an action movie, you don't think too much you just enjoy. Like Hot Fuzz or Bad Boys 2. XD
the island has wind vanes in it. The artificial island is worked by this type of electricity. They have their own independent electricity. That's what I think.

Kinji even bump the wing of the plane in one of the wind vane to stop it from further going.
Old 2011-05-13, 10:25   Link #59
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

On the matter of altitude:

SHEESH Riko-chan must live somewhere cold to be able to cope with the sheer freezing temeratures of a NIGHT sky at 30,000 feet in nothing but her sexy-underwear!!
Old 2011-05-13, 10:37   Link #60
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's funny, this is what it's like to be on the opposite side of the field- to have no background knowledge and have certain scenes look unusual and have to connect the dots in your own head.

Hold 'X' to revive your partner with a syringe? Resident Evil 5.

The villain jumping out of the plane... That was from 'Point Break' wasn't it ?

But landing said plane by yourself? Classic
Closed Thread