AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-11-06, 19:17   Link #2761
Vsin
Aldracity

I don't know what to think of Alicitization yet since it hasn't been fully translated yet, but GGO and Mother's Rosario are clear indications of the writing gradually improving.

The problem I have with SAO is that its flow is all over the map. By book order (meaning Day 1 > Floor 74 in an instant) you get an enormous time skip that leaves half of Kirito's motivations undefined and makes Asuna's relationship seem almost out of thin air. And then the story ends incredibly abruptly. With the side stories, the Liz and Silica ones could be considered unimportant to the main plot, but the Sachi and Yui ones are absolutely vital to Kirito's background and motivations.

My problem with ALO is that almost none of the events until Yggrasil actually make a difference regarding the conclusion. Rather, most of it is just an enormous setup for wincest until Asuna gets rescued. There's supposed to be the sub plot of Sigurd being a jerk, and the quest reward of getting help with the endgame...but there's never a sense that any of it actually matters. Heck, the Tonkii segment is pointless on its own until Caliber SS...other than stirring up wincest of course. Even Asuna's little escapade serves to do little more than exist as the exposition of the big bad's plans. Then the game concludes, and everyone from ALO except Lyfa and Tonkii basically stop existing apart from random side mentions.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 23:57   Link #2762
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I prefer Mother's Rosario myself. Better characterization, better writing overall.
You and I think alike there
Old 2012-11-06, 23:58   Link #2763
kyp275
Meh

Agreed, I still shed some manly tears every time I read MS.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 09:27   Link #2764
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
You and I think alike there
I do like Mother Rosario most of all too (And this list includes the SAO stories and ALO and stuff. Alicization...is a unique case...)
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 13:21   Link #2765
tomtkp

The price of SAO Volume 11 is set at 578 yen by Dengeki Bunko recently.

Quote:
◆ソードアート・オンライン11 アリシゼーション・ターニング
著/川原 礫 イラスト/abec 定価:578円
Which means that Volume 11 will not be as thick as Volume 10. The range will be around 290 - 310 pages.

My previous projection was that Volume 11 might include Chapter 5 to first part of Chapter 7. This projection would bring this volume to 400+ pages but seeing that Volume 11 will not be as thick, I have to discard this projection.

Now, I have three possibilities in my mind:

One, Chapter 5 and 6 with more original contents never seen in web version.

Two, Chapter 5 up to first part of Chapter 7, just like in my previous projection but Kawahara may stop at one point much earlier than my projection.

Three, Chapter 5 and the first part of Chapter 7, skipping Chapter 6 for later.

Despite that, no matter which scenarioes we get, Chapter 5 will be in Volume 11 for sure. No doubt about that.
=================================================
And a few more days later on 10th November, Volume 11 cover illustration will be revealed. Who will get to accompany Kirito in the cover illustration? Make your guess.

Spoiler for My guess:
Old 2012-11-07, 14:34   Link #2766
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I do like Mother Rosario most of all too (And this list includes the SAO stories and ALO and stuff. Alicization...is a unique case...)
It's kinda hard to choose one of the volumes.

On my part, I guess that I like, in order (separated by coma), SAO volume 1 (the Gleameyes battle was awesome because of Dual Blade) Fairy Dance 1 and Phantom Bullet 1 and 2 (Kirito awesomeness, and the final battles against Eugene and XaXa), Fairy Dance 2 (because it reunited my favorite pair ever, and the scene in which Kirito sees the Black Swordsman and The Flash reflected on the window), Alicization (the theme is too awesome, even if it's not over), Caliber SS and Mother Rosario (the Skills Outside the system are cool, but the stories themselves don't stir me as much as the others)

... Oh to hell with this, almost the whole LN is awesome
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 23:14   Link #2767
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
... Oh to hell with this, almost the whole LN is awesome
This is it for me.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 00:42   Link #2768
chancs

I can't wait for the next volume release
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 03:15   Link #2769
SAOfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
The price of SAO Volume 11 is set at 578 yen by Dengeki Bunko recently.

Which means that Volume 11 will not be as thick as Volume 10. The range will be around 290 - 310 pages.

My previous projection was that Volume 11 might include Chapter 5 to first part of Chapter 7. This projection would bring this volume to 400+ pages but seeing that Volume 11 will not be as thick, I have to discard this projection.

Now, I have three possibilities in my mind:

One, Chapter 5 and 6 with more original contents never seen in web version.

Two, Chapter 5 up to first part of Chapter 7, just like in my previous projection but Kawahara may stop at one point much earlier than my projection.

Three, Chapter 5 and the first part of Chapter 7, skipping Chapter 6 for later.

Despite that, no matter which scenarioes we get, Chapter 5 will be in Volume 11 for sure. No doubt about that.
=================================================
And a few more days later on 10th November, Volume 11 cover illustration will be revealed. Who will get to accompany Kirito in the cover illustration? Make your guess.

Spoiler for My guess:
Considering author changed how he tell about the content of volume 11 in SAOP1, compared to what he said in SAO10, I think volume 11 might cover chapter 5+6 and very early part of chapter 7.
Spoiler:

In that case, volume 11 cover should be the two girls introduced at the end of volume 10.
SAOfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 05:36   Link #2770
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAOfreak View Post
Considering author changed how he tell about the content of volume 11 in SAOP1, compared to what he said in SAO10, I think volume 11 might cover chapter 5+6 and very early part of chapter 7.
Spoiler:

In that case, volume 11 cover should be the two girls introduced at the end of volume 10.
I don't think the author has changed what he said about the content of Volume 10 in Progressive 1 afterword.

Volume 11 afterword:
Quote:
In the third volume of the <<Alicization series>>, Kirito and Eugeo will finally move to the core of Underworld. How the world is constructed, and who rules this world will be revealed…these should be all for future developments
Progressive 1 afterword:
Quote:
The next is, of course, the fact that I'm still continuing the main arc of SAO. The 3rd part of the Alicization arc, which is volume 11, is planned to be published in December. Kirito and Eugeo will be approaching more and more secrets of Underworld......probably
The author was basically saying the same thing, Kirito and Eugeo approaching the secrets of Underworld.

But I see you may have a point that my third scenerio has higher chance after reading the above quotes.
Old 2012-11-09, 06:13   Link #2771
SAOfreak

Spoiler for About difference in Afterwords.:
Old 2012-11-09, 12:43   Link #2772
tomtkp

FINALLY, Volume 11 cover revealed.

Guess I just got only half the answer right then.

If it was just me but wow....this cover looks so awesome. The two girls under abec's hands look so pretty. And Kirito looks very much matured if compared with Progressive 1 cover. He's a man now. This might be one of my favourite covers of the whole series for me.
Old 2012-11-09, 13:07   Link #2773
SAOfreak

Wow, Ronié is pretty cute in this cover, plus I love the background color as well. And Kirito is still Kirito, as cool as ever. I agree about it being her best cover of the series so far too.
Old 2012-11-09, 15:08   Link #2774
Awrya
U mad?

If I remember right, Vol.11 is to be published in December?
Old 2012-11-09, 15:59   Link #2775
SAOfreak

Yes, 10th December to be exact.
Old 2012-11-09, 16:23   Link #2776
EvI

Quote:

If it was just me but wow....this cover looks so awesome. The two girls under abec's hands look so pretty. And Kirito looks very much matured if compared with Progressive 1 cover. He's a man now. This might be one of my favourite covers of the whole series for me.
OH MY GOSH i just had a nerdgasm here
kirito so coool and mature really c'me here 10th december you beuty *0*
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 18:00   Link #2777
Insane
Banned

Quote:

The main issue is . . . who'll be translating it?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 20:04   Link #2778
iCK

On the cover, is that red hair girl Asuna, or a new girl?
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 21:08   Link #2779
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
The main issue is . . . who'll be translating it?
It's probably going to be much slower this time sadly.

Although I love the cover.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 22:26   Link #2780
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
On the cover, is that red hair girl Asuna, or a new girl?
It is Teiza. The girls on the cover are Ronnie and Teiza.

Last edited by l.kostas; 2012-11-09 at 22:37.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality