AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-09-06, 12:09   Link #2481
Used Can

Get angry at mangaka.
Show your rage on the Internet.
Old 2009-09-06, 15:58   Link #2482
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

I know a lot of you are making good points but let's be reasonable here...

...people are idiots. To be fair, we do a lot of philosophical discussion on this forum that is over a lot of people's heads. We can be objective and say that its irrational to be angry at the author because he the reason we have a story in the first place. But to everyone else, they had a great story they were content with and then it got changed in a way that is making it no longer enjoyable. It's like when a member of a popular band changes the style of they're songs, sure he's the reason you had all those other songs you like but at the same time he's the moron that ruined it for everyone.

In my own opinion, I really just hope we get past the bleakness of these last few weeks soon. I'm thinking of taking a hiatus from reading HnG until I can skip past all the chapters I don't like. The only reason I haven't is the small hope that it can't be more depressing than it already was...god I feel stupid. It's mostly just that reading it has been making me depressed as nobody is happy and everything is just going to hell for no good reason.

It's actually been reminding me of the last anime episodes, where Nagi, Hayate and Ayumu work in the cafe. That manga author that Nagi admired came into the shop all depressed and had a sort of crisis about how he was going to keep the story going as the heroes and villains were both getting too popular. He may have been feeling the same thing at the time or it may just be irony that he's feeling it now.

Either way I just want the characters I like to be happy soon. Hayate has more than earned at least a break from being the universe's bitch, Hinagiku has been through hell and is putting herself through worse with all the worry and guilt, Maria hasn't had any spotlight at all despite consistently ranking 2nd in popularity. Hell even Nagi isn't that bad in my eyes now, though to be honest I only started liking her when she started hanging around Hamster; seriously something is just so irritating about her that she just made Nagi seem much more mature and bearable. But I don't think it's wrong to like the characters (even more than the story as the case may be) it just means the author is doing a good job making you genuinely care about them. I agree that some people are taking things a little too far but I still believe that once Hata finishes our tour through hell then things will go back to normal and hopefully even better than that.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 16:55   Link #2483
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Teleutao, how about you look at it from Hayate's perspective. His whole life is SHIT, and it's funny for everyone, because it's presented in a comedic sense from a 3rd point of view (readers). Everyone is cheery, oh a misunderstanding! Ha-Ha!

Kay, now it's serious. Hata: Screw the comedy, let's make it more realistic! It was always depressing, you just didn't realize it. At least from Hayate's perspective. I think Hata is sort of trying to change it so we see how things are from his point of view, and not from, uhm.. what's the word? Like, in RTS games you control everything from above, you don't care much about a single unit, but put yourself in the units shoes...

Anyhow, Hata is probably following some sort of plan, or tweaking things bit by bit (influenced by fans) from his original idea. At least it's not like Bleach. Kubo just making stuff up as he goes. Who said there were only 10 espada? KUROSAKI-KUN x500 in 1 chapter...

Like mentioned many times before, if he values the opinions from his fans he surely won't disappoint. Currently the otaku rage is fueled by Hina's heartbreak (sort of). Is the pairing with Hayate that important? Hata can't can't satisfy everyone, so what about girl x girl? Would there be a huge rabies outbreak because of it?
Old 2009-09-06, 17:07   Link #2484
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
But to everyone else, they had a great story they were content with and then it got changed in a way that is making it no longer enjoyable. It's like when a member of a popular band changes the style of they're songs, sure he's the reason you had all those other songs you like but at the same time he's the moron that ruined it for everyone.
What are you talking about? HnG remains mostly the same. The difference is that now Hata has added one or two arcs that have been somewhat serious. However, the manga remains a slice-of-life love comedy. After the "End of the World" arc, the manga returned to it usual pacing. Before the current part of this Golden Week arc, it was a slice-of-life love comedy. Seriously, we've barely had any serious moments and people are complaining?

Hata is trying to add some plot?! BURN THAT HEATHEN!
Old 2009-09-06, 17:15   Link #2485
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by used can View Post
hata is trying to add some plot?! Burn that heathen!
Tar and feather him!
Old 2009-09-06, 17:55   Link #2486
arand017

LOL

I remembered the kannagi used goods back in december, i just hope hata doesn't go on a hiatus after this
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 23:48   Link #2487
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
me three... ever since vol. 01 )
Quote:
Just, just wondering, am I the only Maria fan here? There used to be some around here...

I am also. Like the other characters but Maria seems like the best match for Hayata that is my personal opinion.
Old 2009-09-07, 00:53   Link #2488
arand017

yeah she does seem to be a good match, specially since hayate is into maria's type but he also sees Maria as too much for him that's a bummer
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 00:53   Link #2489
NightFoxXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by arand017 View Post
LOL

I remembered the kannagi used goods back in december, i just hope hata doesn't go on a hiatus after this
It'd better not. I was sad when it suddenly went on hiatus. Either way though, I don't expect a full happy ending. It would be most probable that Athena will dump Hayate leaving him in more despair. Although it pains her as well, they'll both go their separate ways and can never be together again. Why? It's just how it is. A tragic love with a twist of cruel comedy.

And I heard that he was also ending this arc very soon. So by then, it'll be up to speed and back to it's normal self. At least this is what I foresee
NightFoxXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 01:00   Link #2490
zibi88

The thing is that at the beggining Maria was ok if Hayate ended up in love with Nagi.... but later she started to realize that she wants to be the one that Hayate will fall in love with... she if I think started to think like that after that "date chapter" that she Hayate was the first boy that she held hands with and sayd that hayate is her first "boy/love"

Lately she looks like she wants to spend more time with hayate alone and she seems to be concern about hayate (she talks to him if he is trouble... like on the balkon at night... or when he had sad face)

Hayate and Maria would be a good match (even Athena said to Hayate in end of world arc. that hayate should be with that girl [in jelousy outburst... when she saw maria in the mirror and said a super cute girl] ) but I think that Hina and Hayate make even better couple

Simple they went throught similar experiance (dept and running away parents)... both are strong and sometimes clueless (hina in her grown up form is kinda like child too ^^ her curry taste... behaviour ect) yet she is concerned about hayate and come to realize that she loves hayate (while maria mostly feels like she has a crush but she didnt sayd in her mind that she loves him)

Last choice is obvious Athena... girl that has stolen hayates first kiss... and girl that saved him and changed him more than anyone else did.... she kinda gave him joy and happiness first time in his life becouse of his parents who were only useing him for their own purposes... (she was the most concerned about hayate becouse she knew what will happen to hayate if he stays with them...)... and so from all girls hayate knows till now he addmited that he loves Athena so this girl had the biggest impact on him

but well becouse of Hayates status (not noble...but rather poor guy & buttler) he might not be able to become athenas boyfriend (at least not in real world...) so he could end up with Hina... which knows Athena and she liked her too (till she sayd "A-tan" which only hayate was allowed to use) so she might end up agreeing for them beign together
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 01:35   Link #2491
Used Can

Well, Maria never knew her parents to begin with. In a way, that's as bad or worse than having had bad parents. At the very least those who had any, no matter how bad, were able to experience living and yearning for a family (just take a look at Hayate in RG, when he was looking at his mother). Maria, on the other hand, cannot say she's experienced that.

Certainly, Hina has helped him a lot, but Maria has also helped him when she could. They are also in a similar position since, in a way, both of them are raising Nagi, and both of them want the best for her (well, probably Maria wants that the most, if we take into account what her own wishes are).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
but well becouse of Hayates status (not noble...but rather poor guy & buttler) he might not be able to become athenas boyfriend (at least not in real world...) so he could end up with Hina
Hina is a rich girl too. Certainly, she's not as rich as Nagi or Athena, but that's not something you'd see in the real world either.
Old 2009-09-07, 01:46   Link #2492
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Any suggestions on who Maria's parents might be?
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 02:07   Link #2493
IndoViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
Athena's parents? (meaning they're siblings)? just a guess...
Old 2009-09-07, 02:21   Link #2494
Used Can

They are rich, why would they have abandoned her?
Old 2009-09-07, 02:39   Link #2495
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightFoxXIII View Post
It'd better not. I was sad when it suddenly went on hiatus. Either way though, I don't expect a full happy ending. It would be most probable that Athena will dump Hayate leaving him in more despair. Although it pains her as well, they'll both go their separate ways and can never be together again. Why? It's just how it is. A tragic love with a twist of cruel comedy.
It's a storyline that will sent Hata to his grave.

I didn't like some one laugh at other people despair like that, even if it just a fictional, since I feel the same, well..not 100%, but enough to think that Hata know me and my past and create a story with character name change and a little plot twist. May be you will think I m too sensitive or strange now

quote from Detective Conan - Kaito Kid arc:
"Do you know that artist become a legend after they dead?
I'll make you a legend too...Kid....by sent you to the grave named Jail"

(Shinici Kudo to Kid the Thief when they meet for the 2nd time on a cruise ship)
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 02:41   Link #2496
9taileddemon

Maybe a scandal of some kind? To save their reputations they abandoned the child?

There are still a lot of mysteries in HnG and Maria's past still remains as one of the biggest ones.

I still am shocked though that people are getting upset at the way the manga is going. I guess I could understand if it remained serious from here on out and people didn't like that but really, what are the chances of that happening. Hata is just showing us that there is an actual plot to this story and is treating the plot seriously, just as it should be treated.

Anyways I like this little turn the manga has taken. Makes it interesting. I look forward to when it returns to comedy but for now I am enjoying actual plot and development of Hayate. I mean when you think about it, how much development has our main character actually gone through since the start of the story. (Discounting the End of the World Arc.) I mean he starts out as basically superman and has strong devotion to Nagi. The people around him have developed through their interactions with him but I feel that he himself actually hasn't changed that much. Maybe his devotion to Nagi has gotten stronger and he learned his special attack but besides that, nothing.

But now we finally get to see development of one of our main characters. Now Maria just needs some development and we will have been able to flesh out the entire main cast.

9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 02:49   Link #2497
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
Maybe a scandal of some kind? To save their reputations they abandoned the child?
Mmm... possible, but it sounds like too much of a stretch, and there's absolutely no evidence to back this up.
Old 2009-09-07, 04:34   Link #2498
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
1. Hayate's parents.
Ridiculous, but not impossible. I mean, Hayate is second son of Ayasaki family. But then, if she really was, Hata would have dropped some sort of hint off. So, not very possible.

2. Athena's parents.
Just like other people mentioned, she might be. I mean, Hata said there's a reason why Maria was president of Hakuo at such young age.

3. King Midas.
His profile said he had one daughter. Hata said Maria's past is closely related to the core of the story (which seems to be related to those gemstones and Kingdom of Goldion, and Royal Garden).

4. Someone we don't know.
If this is the case, there's infinite possibilities of what kind of people they could be.

But to be honest, there's too little clues to guess.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 06:05   Link #2499
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

I'm a little surprised by how some of you are reacting to all of this. A lot of you don't seem to realize that the majority of HnG fans are not like you all (you think a lot more, A LOT more). While on the one hand I do like character development and I have no problem with a few serious moments there is such a thing as a bit too much, especially in what is billed as a comedy series. I mean seriously, I can't think of a single thing that has made me laugh in this manga in around a month. I can understand that some of you may like grim, gritty stories that are serious and realistic, but soem of us experience enough of that here in real life. I for one just want to read a humorous story with likable characters and see that it at least is going somewhere. I mean this is the manga that is personally offended by the fourth wall, has potted plants make snarky comments when nobody else is around, has a narrator that actually hates the main cast, and subverts or parodies almost every trope it touches, what was wrong with that? Having a few of the characters feel a bit down for a while is understandable, as long as it doesn't affect everyone all at once, but right now I just feel like Hayate, Hinagiku, and Athena at least are in major depression for no good reason. I just hope Hata intends to keep it a comedy and lightens the mood considerably once he's done with this little Blue-Phase of his, because if it takes a permanent genre-shift then I'd probably stop reading it all together.

Well I feel better now, you don't have to take anything I said personally, it wasn't directed at anybody I just felt that it needed to be said since it's a different opinion.

I actually do have a question for Rah though, is there any reason you feel compelled to make Hina a lesbian or do you just like yuri? I like some of the jokes they use with that but I just don't see any canon feelings beyond friendship. Though if it's for the sake of humor then it could be interesting to see Miki or Ayumu confess to Hina, that would probably lighten the mood a little!
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 07:32   Link #2500
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
1. Hayate's parents.
Ridiculous, but not impossible. I mean, Hayate is second son of Ayasaki family. But then, if she really was, Hata would have dropped some sort of hint off. So, not very possible.

2. Athena's parents.
Just like other people mentioned, she might be. I mean, Hata said there's a reason why Maria was president of Hakuo at such young age.

3. King Midas.
His profile said he had one daughter. Hata said Maria's past is closely related to the core of the story (which seems to be related to those gemstones and Kingdom of Goldion, and Royal Garden).

4. Someone we don't know.
If this is the case, there's infinite possibilities of what kind of people they could be.

But to be honest, there's too little clues to guess.
1. No. They wouldn't let go of any good opportunity to make money. Unless they sold her. Heh, I guess it is possible.

2. Following the rules of the RG crystal ball, Athena knew her. This is very possible. Or they might be cousins, or she was from a different family, and they were friends..

3. When did the Midas guy die anyway?

4. I guess it wouldn't be that surprising. Seeing how Athena was introduced very late on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
I actually do have a question for Rah though, is there any reason you feel compelled to make Hina a lesbian or do you just like yuri? I like some of the jokes they use with that but I just don't see any canon feelings beyond friendship. Though if it's for the sake of humor then it could be interesting to see Miki or Ayumu confess to Hina, that would probably lighten the mood a little!

Hmm, who knows? I'm like the wind, constantly changing opinions, likes & dislikes, etc...

I guess I'd like to see everyone happy, and I don't see what's so great about a Hayate pairing. Feelings can always develop, even though it's unlikely for the manga to turn around like that, or for someone to just suddenly change. Well, I don't know, it might be possible. They probably never thought about it, and then when they're both dumped (Hina & Ayumu / if Ayumu is 'on hold' by Hayate, then Miki can swoop in instead of her) they can seek comfort within each other, slowly developing something new..

Unless another boy is introduced for every girl (....), or there is a time skip after the Hayate pairing, showing everyone with someone else, or it's just a short time skip, and they're still alone.

Now that I think about it, pairings aren't that important at all. I'm seriously contradicting myself here with what I said before, how the story is more important than an individual pairing.

Perhaps I just want to see a lot of emotional breakdowns, and after they pair up, they can break apart for all I care...

Ah, I'm such a bastard.

*sigh*
Well, I never have a firm opinion for a long time.. guess contradictions are the daily thing~

Tags
comedy, shounen