AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-12-20, 05:04   Link #10201
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Tech wise?

I wouldn't be surprised if Akatsuki reuses one of Rouge's footage in this episode.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 05:36   Link #10202
tetsuo69

I was hoping he would stay the whole ep with the strike looking forward to the fights against shin and rey but love that he display skills using the new strike pack and I think there were red coats in the gouf and zakus. best ep so far from the remastered
Old 2013-12-20, 09:03   Link #10203
quagmire

I just noticed it, but why did Kira leave Cagalli's crest on the left shoulder when he reprogramed the phase shift armor to his colors?
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 09:44   Link #10204
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Tech wise?

I wouldn't be surprised if Akatsuki reuses one of Rouge's footage in this episode.
Don't give Bandai/Sunrise any ideas!
Old 2013-12-20, 09:48   Link #10205
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Don't give Bandai/Sunrise any ideas!
Meh, their budget went to GBF

Besides with current tech, the stock footage should be less jarring
Old 2013-12-20, 10:00   Link #10206
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I’m late to the party. Still, Goddamn! That Strike + Ootori scene is the sh*t I need for this Destiny Remaster. Even though I don’t like the look of that pack in MG kit, the animation made it look awesome and also made Strike (Rouge) went out with its dignity intact compared to the original sequence.

Oh well, there goes the budget for this Remaster project . I’m not expecting anything big after this, though it’d be very nice if I can be proven wrong about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
At 17:40, I think that Gouf managed to dodge Kira's attack.
Viva la grunt!
Old 2013-12-20, 10:27   Link #10207
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I just noticed it, but why did Kira leave Cagalli's crest on the left shoulder when he reprogramed the phase shift armor to his colors?
Probably because it's painted on the suit, not an effect of the phase shift armor. It's still there even when the phase shift armor is powered off.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 10:36   Link #10208
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Probably because it's painted on the suit, not an effect of the phase shift armor. It's still there even when the phase shift armor is powered off.
Oh it is painted on the shoulder. I just watched the scene of when Kira was in the Rouge being told the Eternal was launching. I never noticed it before with the phase shift down so I thought it was an effect of the PSA.

EDIT: No wonder why I never noticed it before….

Don't see it in this scene in episode 14 of the remaster….

Or is it in the original scene…

Though it is in episode 23 of the remaster…..

So I guess the explanation is they added it the Rouge between episode 14 and 23……

Last edited by quagmire; 2013-12-20 at 10:48.
Old 2013-12-20, 10:52   Link #10209
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Though it is in episode 23 of the remaster…..

So I guess the explanation is they added it the Rouge between episode 14 and 23……
Haha, the crest in that image looks like something from Pac-Man or a ghost from Mario.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 13:02   Link #10210
Aquaman OS

They just didn't redo that hanger scene. And in the original airing Rouge only had the crest during high quality still shots and it otherwise disappeared when it was in motion or when they were using recolored Strike footage.

Here though they made sure Rouge always had it, which wasn't really hard since they had to pretty much redraw it in every scene anyway. And they added it to the Strike footage too. They also redid the head crest to say MBF 02 Rouge instead of Strike's X-105 Cinque.

They didn't do this in Seed Remaster, probably because I don't think they redid a single scene with Rouge, since they seemed to have blown their budget by then.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 13:28   Link #10211
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
They just didn't redo that hanger scene. And in the original airing Rouge only had the crest during high quality still shots and it otherwise disappeared when it was in motion or when they were using recolored Strike footage.

Here though they made sure Rouge always had it, which wasn't really hard since they had to pretty much redraw it in every scene anyway. And they added it to the Strike footage too. They also redid the head crest to say MBF 02 Rouge instead of Strike's X-105 Cinque.

They didn't do this in Seed Remaster, probably because I don't think they redid a single scene with Rouge, since they seemed to have blown their budget by then.
Which made me think it was a PSA effect and not paint.
Old 2013-12-20, 13:38   Link #10212
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The Strike Ootori battle in this episode is what Remasters should be about: adding significant new content to a series notorious for stock footage.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 13:42   Link #10213
Scorpiopt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The Strike Ootori battle in this episode is what Remasters should be about: adding significant new content to a series notorious for stock footage.
agree 110%
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 13:48   Link #10214
Raso

Quote:
Tech wise?

The pack can only do so much, the strike itself is still a generation behind the Zaku.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 13:55   Link #10215
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Tech wise?

Why would they do that though? Akatsuki already has its own scenes from the original airing.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 14:15   Link #10216
Aquaman OS

Yeah but most of it is redone Freedom or Justice footage.
Old 2013-12-20, 14:19   Link #10217
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
The pack can only do so much, the strike itself is still a generation behind the Zaku.
It's not THAT big of an improvement. Unless there is some huge, huge revamp in all of the internal components and propulsion systems and weaponry, the ZAKU Warrior and ZAKU Phantom wouldn't be leaps and bounds over the Strike. The Astray is also two years behind the ZAKU Warrior, but you don't see them really falling behind to them.

Saying that the Strike is inferior to the ZAKU just doesn't really cut it. Not when you have a pilot as skilled as Kira piloting it. Frankly, they had him trash the Strike Rouge because they needed him in the Strike Freedom, as simple as that.
Old 2013-12-20, 14:32   Link #10218
Aquaman OS

Zaku's are equal specwise to the GAT-X series. Gouf's are superior. Also there were like 30 of them.

And originally with only one beam rifle, there really wasn't much he could do to take them down quick enough before he was overwhelmed. He was doing ok, but he wouldn't have cut it.

The Phoenix pack on the other hand, gave him weaponry to engage multiple opponents at once, as shown by his much better performance. Though once it was destroyed (I don't know why that one shot to an unimportant looking part of Eternal was so critical to block, but he does it in both version so it must matter. And frankly throwing the pack in the way was alot better than throwing himself in the way) he was pretty much out of options. He and Andy working together might have been able to win, but it would have taken a long time, and Eternal could have been destroyed in the mean time.

Kira needs Freedom to be a one man army to engage entire fleets on his own. Without it, he'll be overwhelmed by grunts, as shown in the original, and somewhat shown here. Skills might help in one on one's but it's most an issue of numbers. Blame the show's direction of having him needing to go up against the world with a ragtag crew and win.
Old 2013-12-20, 15:56   Link #10219
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

LOL at Kira throwing the ASS. :P I like how he used it if it were a beam saber. Very mobile, not clunky at all. Still, The whole scene is still unrealistic as **** (Kira losing in a Strike), but the pacing was much better this time. And the strike "lost" the battle as a hero's unit! Good quality new animation as well. Good job Sunrize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Viva la grunt!
I also liked how the grunt (the one that got ASS'ed in the end) maneuvered the the beam cannon the last second when Kira tried to evade the shot.
Old 2013-12-20, 16:29   Link #10220
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I still can't watch it due to the region where I live.

I hope the Battle of Orb has more of these modified scenes since I remember that was when the stock footage was everywhere. I sometimes think the reason why Kira and Athrun's new mobile suits are upgraded Freedom and Justice it's because of poor budget.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep