AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-12-30, 20:25   Link #1
kissthestick

Tales of Vesperia Game Discussion

According to music composer Sakuraba its 360 only at the moment:
http://sakuraba.cocoebiz.com/discography/

First Trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29218.html

anime promo vid:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/243213.html

Last edited by kissthestick; 2008-07-26 at 20:47.
kissthestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 05:43   Link #2
Shiori-chan

it looks nice, and the seiyu looks decent too, gonna try it when it comes out ^^
Old 2007-12-31, 06:20   Link #3
arcadeplayer987

looks good, too bad I don't have an xbox 360
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 15:08   Link #4
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Wow... That seiyuu in the opening is so FAMILIAR. Reminds me of... Himeko? Hmmm... Very nice though.
Old 2007-12-31, 17:01   Link #5
GomuBlade
Bugger

Looks interesting. Just hope it takes a trip outside of Japan too.
GomuBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 17:02   Link #6
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Ahhh, more character designs by Kosuke Fujishima byt the look of it.
Delicious.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 03:04   Link #7
faustianideals
Disabled By Request

I would play it if it were on the Nintendo Wii. <_<
faustianideals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 11:44   Link #8
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

oooh not bad at all, will deff try this out. I haven't come across a decent 3rd gen RPG yet that I like maybe this could do the trick
Old 2008-01-11, 17:53   Link #9
Aaron15
LoneWolf-Sub

it could be for the Ps3
Aaron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 05:21   Link #10
bungoman

Ooooooo please let this be for the 360. I just got one for Christmas and this would make it even better than it already has been.
bungoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 10:17   Link #11
Sides

Strange news on famitsu.com

Just forget what i posted, famitsu were refering to an interview on a foreign magazine (play magazine?). Confirmed is that it is being done by Team Symphonia.

Last edited by Sides; 2008-02-22 at 10:27.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 11:25   Link #12
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

So Team Symphonia is working on both this and ToS 2?

Too bad I dont have a 360 or a Ps3,so..
Old 2008-02-22, 12:52   Link #13
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
So Team Symphonia is working on both this and ToS 2?

Too bad I dont have a 360 or a Ps3,so..
My guest only a fraction of Team Symphonia is working on the Wii title. In the interview it was ask, if it would be ported over to the PS3, and the producer and director responded that it might happend, but they want to concentrate on finishing the game. Funnily it was said that the TOV is primarly targeted to the west, maybe that is why it is being developed on the 360. I reckon the sales of Trusty Bell port will be a factor how fast it gets ported over to the ps3.

With the price dropping for both consoles, just wait until the game gets released.
Old 2008-02-22, 14:26   Link #14
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Funnily it was said that the TOV is primarly targeted to the west, maybe that is why it is being developed on the 360.
Nah, he said it was mostly due to the 360 at the time having the more complete development kit between the 2. Kind of the same reason why Project Aces chose the 360 as the platform to release AC6 on first, the whole XBL thing.

Anyway, hopefully the game delivers when they release it later in the year(if that almost 60% complete rumor ends up being true).
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 16:54   Link #15
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

Send a message via AIM to Sirth Send a message via MSN to Sirth
In regards to the west, he also mentions the fact that Vesperia would mark NA's 10th Tales anniversary, with the original Destiny back in 1998. Like how Abyss marked their 10th anniversary. I'm wondering if we'll get a Cless logo, or a Stahn one, on it.

I'm still getting the impression that Tales fan = Symphonia Fan/ Nintendo fan here in the west, though. Most of the comments I see are all, "EW, 360!? No way, won't buy that crap. Nothing I want."
Sirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 17:10   Link #16
kujoe
from head to heel

This is one of the games that get me excited about having a 360... and they're not that many. But with the possibility of a later PS3 port, I'll have to hold on and wait for further info if such a thing is even going to happen. No doubt a later version will have extras and added content the first version won't have.

The only problem is, if the PS3 version (if it becomes ported) will be released in the West as well. I mean, not that I'm particularly looking forward to it, but where's that Eternal Sonata, Namco? Like the PS2 version of Tales of Symphonia, this (and ES) just might not cross over to this side of the world, like, ever. Well, at least if I really wanted a PS3 version, I can always import it.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 10:25   Link #17
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Anyway, hopefully the game delivers when they release it later in the year(if that almost 60% complete rumor ends up being true).
Hm? It isn't a rumour, it's actually in the interview. You can read the full thing here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
I mean, not that I'm particularly looking forward to it, but where's that Eternal Sonata, Namco?
Uh, it's not even out in Japan yet. At least wait until a while after it's out there before deciding the PS3 version won't get an international release. It most likely will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirth
I'm still getting the impression that Tales fan = Symphonia Fan/ Nintendo fan here in the west, though. Most of the comments I see are all, "EW, 360!? No way, won't buy that crap. Nothing I want."
But there isn't. Until the 360 starts building up a collection of RPGs that would actually justify buying the console, people won't be happy about Vesperia coming out on it. You could say the PS3 doesn't fit that description either, and I'd agree with you, but the general understandable view is it's more likely to happen eventually because Japan prefers the PS3 to the 360 (you only have to look at the 360's sales to see that), and quality RPGs take time to make. The only quality titles exclusive to the 360 I would actually buy are Infinite Undiscovery (which isn't out yet, of course) and maybe, just maybe, Lost Odyssey (but I'm not fully convinced on that one). Eternal Sonata is coming out on the PS3, Vesperia most likely will come out on the PS3 too. If the timed exclusives thing, or just more 360 exclusives, keeps going though more people will buy one. You get console fanboys everywhere, sure, but most people just want to buy the console they'll get the most financial worth out of - and with the Xbox's complete lack of quality RPG titles compared to the PS2, people like me just don't want to buy one for only a game or two.

And you know the other thing that'd make more people buy a 360? If they didn't have such a disgustingly high failure rate. I mean one of Microsoft's own units redringed at GDC, what kind of an impression does that send to potential buyers?
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 11:05   Link #18
Amray

Looks Amazingly Awesome!
I love the Tales of Series, they're so great, and that looks like another one that will not let the franchise down in reputation. ^_^
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 11:07   Link #19
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Nah, he said it was mostly due to the 360 at the time having the more complete development kit between the 2. Kind of the same reason why Project Aces chose the 360 as the platform to release AC6 on first, the whole XBL thing.

^^ i actually didn't read the interview.
Nevertheless the decision to work on the 360 first instead of the ps3 kind of bothers me, if they do decide to port it over. By now most devs should know it is easier to port a game from the ps3 to 360, than from the 360 to ps3. But then again, when the game is finally released on the market, i reckon the 360 will probably be the cheapest console, from this generation, available. So just wait and see i guess.
Old 2008-02-24, 17:48   Link #20
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
But then again, when the game is finally released on the market, i reckon the 360 will probably be the cheapest console, from this generation, available.
No, the Wii will still be the cheapest. And please don't argue that the Wii isn't from this generation; it gets old.

Tags
rpg