AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-22, 14:47   Link #9121
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
If I was writing New Testament, I would wait a few more volumes before bringing Touma back. But I don't like Touma all that much, so...
We waited months to see if Touma is still alive, We of the Kamijou Church would like to see out god come as soon as possible!
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-03-22, 14:48   Link #9122
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
We waited months to see if Touma is still alive, We of the Kamijou Church would like to see out god come as soon as possible!
Isn't the fact that he's alive enough?
Old 2011-03-22, 15:05   Link #9123
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:

Nope, would like to see his adventure or misadventure(Fu Kou Da Trade mark) to continue like how's will he react to his large numbers of girls that admire or have feeling for him and vice versa
Old 2011-03-22, 15:09   Link #9124
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I think the Author might have tricked people.

He said kamijo touma died but whos to say that Kamijou won't take his place?
Old 2011-03-22, 16:28   Link #9125
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Well the last time he "died" he only had his memories destroyed, what if by saying the "second time he died" it really meant he perhaps regained his memories or reverted to some former state. Because in the beginning it looked like he actually knew a lot more about the Imagine Breaker, since he did state he can stop a miracle of god, and I thought the people (for the most part) in Academy City did not believe in god. How would the previous Touma know it can stop a miracle of god then?

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage

Last edited by Hollownerox; 2011-03-22 at 17:59.
Old 2011-03-22, 16:32   Link #9126
Zakoo

I'm waiting for Fiamma come back personally. Touma until now wasn't particularly good, too naive, I hope this second death will push him a little.
Old 2011-03-22, 16:41   Link #9127
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
I'm waiting for Fiamma come back personally. Touma until now wasn't particularly good, too naive, I hope this second death will push him a little.
There's a difference between being Naive, and being optimistic.

I would think that nobody after going through a war first hand, can be called naive.
Old 2011-03-22, 16:43   Link #9128
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
Well the last time he "died" he only had his memories destroyed, what if by saying the "second time he died" it really meant he perhaps regained his memories or reverted to some former state. Because in the beginning it looked like he actually knew a lot more about the Illusion Breaker, since he did state he can stop a miracle of god, and I thought the people (for the most part) in Academy City did not believe in god. How would the previous Touma know it can stop a miracle of god then?
I think index was saying something about God and then Touma said it can even destroy that
Old 2011-03-22, 16:50   Link #9129
Zakoo

Seeing how he was used by AC and Necessarius from volume 2 to 22 without even noticing thing, he is either blind or naive.

If i remember correctly Kami-yan still got his five senses. So I can only think of the naive part.

I mean, for him to win a trip to Italia. We're talking about Mister Misfortune, no way it can really happens aside the upside down man changes the draw or the sexy super lucky Saint of the far East plays to the raffle with his name.
That's only one, but when coupled with every little thing that happened during those 21 volumes, it's not optimism anymore.
Old 2011-03-22, 16:57   Link #9130
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Seeing how he was used by AC and Necessarius from volume 2 to 22 without even noticing thing, he is either blind or naive.

If i remember correctly Kami-yan still got his five senses. So I can only think of the naive part.

I mean, for him to win a trip to Italia. We're talking about Mister Misfortune, no way it can really happens aside the upside down man changes the draw or the sexy super lucky Saint of the far East plays to the raffle with his name.
That's only one, but when coupled with every little thing that happened during those 21 volumes, it's not optimism anymore.

Erm, where are you getting that from? I'm pretty sure he's know he's being used by Necessarius because you know, Stiyl told him outright? The whole, stay useful or we'll kill you and take away Index? Not to mention every incident involving magic side there's a Necessarius agent 'waiting' around the corner to fill him in.

Also now that you specifically mention it, if you look back at the Italian Arc, he was totally expecting something to go wrong all the way, claiming that his bad luck would never allow him. The reason why he still went was because he's still hopeful that just maybe he would have a good time.
Old 2011-03-22, 17:06   Link #9131
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:

He's said it himself. He helps necessarius for index only. Not the other way around. As for AC, No one knew. Even necessarius didn't know that they were used by AC.
Old 2011-03-22, 18:44   Link #9132
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
He's said it himself. He helps necessarius for index only. Not the other way around. As for AC, No one knew. Even necessarius didn't know that they were used by AC.
Both, Academy City and the Anglican Church knows both are using Touma as a pawn. So, its just mutual.

Laura: I need a excuse to send in magicians to the city.
Aleister: Use that boy.
Laura: Ok.

The magicians are taken out and, at the same time, Laura gets more elements to be used, while Aleister makes Touma to get experience for his plans.
Old 2011-03-22, 21:21   Link #9133
Karna
just some guy

I was just looking at Brunhild's wiki profile, and the names of her attacks are listed, but it doesn't say what her abilities do.

- Bodies Regeneration's Halt
- Bodies Hijacking
- Valkyrie's Norse Magic Style
- Final Rune

Can anyone tell me what the above do?
Old 2011-03-23, 01:17   Link #9134
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've noticed there's quite a number of background information regarding various minor details being revealed in New Testament through the News, given the author's style, I wonder how many of them are actually foreshadowing?

Spoiler:

I think only point 4 and 5 would have a surprise impact later...
Old 2011-03-23, 01:53   Link #9135
Flere821
Lurker

W00t, fully translated in Chinese now

Spoiler for Rest of Volume:

Spoiler for Afterword:
Old 2011-03-23, 02:23   Link #9136
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
W00t, fully translated in Chinese now

Spoiler:

Quote:

Spoiler:

Quote:

Spoiler for Afterword:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-23, 05:50   Link #9137
arson88

how many more months until the new volume?
Anyway, thank you for the spoilers and translations.
Old 2011-03-23, 05:55   Link #9138
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by arson88 View Post
how many more months until the new volume?
Anyway, thank you for the spoilers and translations.
According to past releases, assuming it's the same speed of progress... Expect the next book to be either August or July.
Old 2011-03-23, 06:10   Link #9139
zaeraal

Quote:
-The FiveOver Suits may have more powerful attacks than Mikoto, but in a straight fight Mikoto will still win. Not to mention Mikoto is still limited by the 'Parameter List', and can get even stronger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Mikoto's still Limited by the Parameter List? If that's not a subtle hint, I don't know what is. But I don't see how she's being limited by that list if she has already reached Level 5.
Isn't the parameter list a list of espers and their maximum reachable levels + power in that level? (note: two espers don't have the same power on the same lv, eg kuroko and awaki)
http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com...Parameter_List
That means Mikoto can't go above it even if she wants, because in toaru "hard work" not = "higher power", only the curriculum can increase power (*1). If she already reached the max potential stated there, she can't advance. Even if she is a level 5, there is a huge gap between her powers and n1 or n2 powers, and due to the fact that her potential ends where she is now, she can't fill the gap in power.

note 1 - accel didn't "increased" his powers during entire index series (i don't count awakening), just found new ways how to use his powers.
Old 2011-03-23, 06:41   Link #9140
AP24

I can't wait for Touma to meet Index. Now that she knows that Touma actually lost his memory, I wonder how this will affect the two of them.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen