Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-26, 12:56   Link #1041
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
You rule mikoo. Must save pictures !

But interesting one for Ringo. A girl that cute not surprised Ken got involved with her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Let me just say I just want my dreaded speculations to be confirmed or not, as I think the gravity of that situation is much more serious than your typical middle school love triangle fiasco. There really is only one situation I can think of right now that satisfies the conditions of...

1) Sugisaki two-timed them before
2) Sugisaki is with neither of the girls right now
3) Neither of them are nowhere to be seen in the show for at least the entirety of Sugisaki's high school life, and their current whereabouts have been suspiciously not stated even by his middle school acquaintances
4) Neither are currently a threat to Sugisaki's dream of forming a harem with the student council
5) Sugisaki went to major depression mode after the two-timing incident
6) Sugisaki made them both 'happy' in the end despite all of the above

...and that speculation is looking a wee bit grim. But if my speculation is indeed true, then Sugisaki really has a good reason to be depressed, and thus a good reason to be indebted to the student council.
It does sound rather grim when you put it like that. I'd rather lean on a slightly more optimistic view until it gets proven otherwise. Obviously Ken's parent's wouldn't be happy with how the whole situation turned out. So maybe they moved and he stayed behind. Possibly partly because he felt it was necessary to endure the bullying and partly because his family felt distance was appropriate at that time. Then can say the childhood friend transfered to another school.

Could have gotten back into contact with them lately after he had recovered this much and confirmed that they are doing alright. After what happened it wouldn't be a shock that he would remove them from his harem category. Really for all his talk his interests seem pretty confined to the student council.

Anyways I really think if something horribly bad happened those guys would have mentioned it. They seemed like the type that would bring up anything to put down Ken so wouldn't likely hold that back. Would prefer believing in this theory anyways.

But yeah would love a second season. To cover this would be nice, but also just for more fun with that group.
Old 2009-12-26, 17:57   Link #1042
BlueDo

Just finished the series.
Wow... that was pretty touching.

The anime has been quite a mess.
I would like to know more about the source material, but that doesn't seem possible.

Needless to say, Sugisaki Ken is a great character.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 18:03   Link #1043
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
You rule mikoo. Must save pictures !

But interesting one for Ringo. A girl that cute not surprised Ken got involved with her.
It does sound rather grim when you put it like that. I'd rather lean on a slightly more optimistic view until it gets proven otherwise. Obviously Ken's parent's wouldn't be happy with how the whole situation turned out. So maybe they moved and he stayed behind. Possibly partly because he felt it was necessary to endure the bullying and partly because his family felt distance was appropriate at that time. Then can say the childhood friend transfered to another school.

Could have gotten back into contact with them lately after he had recovered this much and confirmed that they are doing alright. After what happened it wouldn't be a shock that he would remove them from his harem category. Really for all his talk his interests seem pretty confined to the student council.

Anyways I really think if something horribly bad happened those guys would have mentioned it. They seemed like the type that would bring up anything to put down Ken so wouldn't likely hold that back. Would prefer believing in this theory anyways.

But yeah would love a second season. To cover this would be nice, but also just for more fun with that group.
Actually I think Ken moved out on his own. When the girls found out, that he was two-timing them they were really hurt. Maybe they said something like "We don't want to see you ever again." and Ken took these words to his heart and moved out.

Now he lives alone, attends a school they don't and so he assumes, that they're happy now, because he isn't around anymore. I think his depression came from the same source. He simply thought or still thinks, that they hate him.
Old 2009-12-26, 18:48   Link #1044
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silaqui View Post
Actually I think Ken moved out on his own. When the girls found out, that he was two-timing them they were really hurt. Maybe they said something like "We don't want to see you ever again." and Ken took these words to his heart and moved out.

Now he lives alone, attends a school they don't and so he assumes, that they're happy now, because he isn't around anymore. I think his depression came from the same source. He simply thought or still thinks, that they hate him.
And he probably thought that they already achieved their happiness elsewhere without him. A very tragic story for Sugisaki really...And to leave his sister and his childhood friend behind...

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 21:32   Link #1045
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silaqui View Post

I'm not sure. He clearly didn't move far if he's still living in the same area with people who went to his previous school. Might be a small part of the reason he does the work so he'll be back late and will miss running into those people.

If this proves anything it's that a second season really would be nice. Going into this more deeply and get some concrete answers. There are a few ways things could have gone.
Old 2009-12-27, 09:08   Link #1046
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah a 2nd season ! Cuz , Ken's past with the two-timing is still unclear .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 11:51   Link #1047
Dop
Mmmm....

This has been a much better series than I would ever have imagined from the first episode. The way a back-story slowly emerged showing the links between the characters was sublime.

I'd certainly love to see a second season.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 14:35   Link #1048
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
After how this show was put down here after episode one, it makes me feel great to see all this love for it, and to see the thread go over a thousand posts. The sleeper hit of the season.
Yeah, I fell in love with it from the start, and it never ceased to keep me entertained or surprised at how it was more then silly otaku fodder being thrown around. Really, really glad I gave the show a chance at the start.

I just find it hilarious that the way he acts is what they don't like, but the reason he acts this is way is directly related to all of them to begin with.

I hope this sees a season two somehow, but I will definitely go and suggest this to others.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 00:42   Link #1049
FateAnomaly

This series is pretty good. Liked it since the first episode. I seldom like any male characters in any series but Ken is an exception. My favourite character in the show is still Lilicia though. Too bad she doesn't really make much of a presence.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 05:10   Link #1050
Mentar
Banned

I do remember how I was quietly sighing and cursing Kunio for always having this tendency to pick obscure and work-intensive shows (like for example Kyouran Kazoku Nikki before), but in the end, it was definitely worth the effort.

It's unusual for me to have no distinct girl preference at the end of the show, and that is a good sign, I guess. Early on I found myself rooting for Kurimu (a total first, normally I _hate_ the moe loli template, but she had some spunk to back it up), but over time I found myself gravitating towards Minatsu. Still, I found myself liking and caring for literally _all_ characters. Lilicia. Elise.

I think what really was important for _me_ were the more somber-serious parts at the end of most episodes. It gave the show some kind of root which prevented it from turning into an all-gag anime.

In the end, an 8/10 from me.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 05:22   Link #1051
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Sugisaki Ringo
Ringo? As in apple? Cuteness!

Now I need to convince Mafuyu to allow me to bring her home too......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 07:12   Link #1052
tsunade666

Finally the ending. Such a heart warming one. First it adds sweetness on the show but in the end a little bitter part. A very balance show of bitter sweet. I just love this show. I totally recommend it to others. But at first I was kinda irritated on sugisaki when I first watch the first episode from the starts its all laughs that was initially fine but I prefer most the story I hate when its all gag but when its nearing the end their where the real story starts. Its just heart warming a good anime for a year ending. I wish for a second season though I'm not sure if theri will be enough materials for it I wish a more details explanation too on the past of sugisaki but leaving them aside also gives a certain mystery on the story.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 11:31   Link #1053
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
First anime this season so far that i have been satisfied with the ending. Such a good ending and with great humor every character was lovable but Mufuyu stole the show with her BL antics.

god deep down i would love a 2nd season.
Old 2009-12-28, 14:41   Link #1054
Mesousa2877

Send a message via Yahoo to Mesousa2877
This anime wasn't bad, the humor worked a lot and some development was nice...sorta.

Yeah, I did not like the shoehorning drama. I mean, how desperate is that? It's like they're trying to be unique. This show shouldn't be that dramatic.

Heck, episode 9 and 11 could've been better episodes if they didn't abuse the drama moments form the first episodes, so otherwise, it would've been enjouble because it was different, but since the "different" part was used so much, it loses feeling.

It was still a good show, though. I don't mind this show getting a second season, but if even the characters note that they won't a have a second season, it's best to understand.

Oh yeah, and Minatsu is hot...
Mesousa2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 20:54   Link #1055
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

How were they shoehorning anything?

Also, there's a difference between drama and actual story, and this show had more of the latter then drama purely for the sake of having drama.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 22:48   Link #1056
Isekaijin

So... Any news of a possible second season?

Yeah, I know it finished a week and a half ago but I really do love that show.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 01:03   Link #1057
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
So... Any news of a possible second season?

Yeah, I know it finished a week and a half ago but I really do love that show.
Not yet, and the odds do look especially low being that the final line of the series is Mahiru saying that the show's done now. That kind of makes it seem as though DEEN was trying to shoot down the season two ponderings before they even had the chance to arise.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 03:42   Link #1058
Silvanoshei
ぜんぴょう☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
And he probably thought that they already achieved their happiness elsewhere without him. A very tragic story for Sugisaki really...And to leave his sister and his childhood friend behind...
Hence, why Key-kun is all about a Harem ending now? The bestfriend and step-sister paths took him to a dead end because he still loved both of them; and in turn ended up hurting both of them. Could also be step-Identical/Dizygotic Twin sisters, cause more of a reason to move out than 1 sister.
Silvanoshei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 04:46   Link #1059
zero0609

Pictures from the recently published 7th volume, finally a picture of Asuka, Ken's childhood friend

Asuka actually appeared in the first episode of the anime when Ken was talking about first love.

Picture of Ringo
zero0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 04:59   Link #1060
zero0609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvanoshei View Post
Hence, why Key-kun is all about a Harem ending now? The bestfriend and step-sister paths took him to a dead end because he still loved both of them; and in turn ended up hurting both of them. Could also be step-Identical/Dizygotic Twin sisters, cause more of a reason to move out than 1 sister.
Spoiler for :
zero0609 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, parody, school life, shounen, student council