Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-14, 00:04   Link #281
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I'm pretty sure none of those characters have a chapter named after them called "The Death of Portgus D. Ace" though . . .

And, WB will probably die in the coming chapters.
And don't forget the vivre card, Oda didn't throw show that card randomly. The card was used as a conformation that Ace died.
Old 2010-02-14, 07:16   Link #282
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

It's ironic that the reason Luffy was wide open like he was is because he was stopping to recover Ace's life card. >_>
Old 2010-02-14, 14:06   Link #283
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

After this weeks chapter...there will be a break.
Old 2010-02-14, 14:15   Link #284
Slayerx

Quote:
It's ironic that the reason Luffy was wide open like he was is because he was stopping to recover Ace's life card. >_>
no, Luffy stopped and fell to his knees because his wounds and fatigue was finally catching up to him. He was at his limit and loosing the ability to keep on moving... it was just a coincidence that at that moment he dropped the card and was gonna pick it up.
Old 2010-02-14, 15:09   Link #285
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post

Yeah, I was just about to mention that, myself. Really makes me wonder what sort of cliffhanger Oda will have in store for us in chapter 575.....

Edit: Slightly unrelated, but the cover for volume 57 has been revealed. Definitely awesome, though it's a bit odd that Luffy and Whitebeard are shown in color, yet the division commanders are not.....
Old 2010-02-14, 15:14   Link #286
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
no, Luffy stopped and fell to his knees because his wounds and fatigue was finally catching up to him. He was at his limit and loosing the ability to keep on moving... it was just a coincidence that at that moment he dropped the card and was gonna pick it up.
So the card fell and then he went to pick it up, leaving him wide open.

Cliffhanger better be a time skip. Or have Hancock raping Luffy. Either works for me.
Old 2010-02-14, 15:22   Link #287
LuffyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
I'm sorry, if it's a stupid question, but I just got a little confused.

Since it's sunday now, does it mean there won't be a chapter next thursday? Or does it mean, there won't be a chapter before two weeks, after the chapter on thursday?

I really hope, there will be a chapter next thursday, or else I'm not sure if I'll survive
Old 2010-02-14, 15:30   Link #288
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuffyRules View Post
I'm sorry, if it's a stupid question, but I just got a little confused.

Since it's sunday now, does it mean there won't be a chapter next thursday? Or does it mean, there won't be a chapter before two weeks, after the chapter on thursday?

I really hope, there will be a chapter next thursday, or else I'm not sure if I'll survive
It means we'll get the spoiler probably tomorrow...as well as chapter this week and after that..It'll be a break.

marvelB
Quote:
Edit: Slightly unrelated, but the cover for volume 57 has been revealed. Definitely awesome, though it's a bit odd that Luffy and Whitebeard are shown in color, yet the division commanders are not.....
Kool.

I'd really love it if there was a big colour spread of the WB Pirates...& some of the NW Captains like Oda did for the Shichbukai. That'd be awesome.
Old 2010-02-14, 15:48   Link #289
marvelB

^Yeah, that'd definitely be awesome, all right. I was also hoping that Oda would do a marine colorspread at some point, since all 3 of the admirals have already been revealed.....
Old 2010-02-14, 15:54   Link #290
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I was just about to mention that, myself. Really makes me wonder what sort of cliffhanger Oda will have in store for us in chapter 575.....
Either Luffy being knocked out of the rest of the fight (and Whitebeard ordering everyone to save him), or Luffy doing something extraordinary (even for him) or a surprise character shows up (Blackbeard?)...there, I distilled the possible cliffhanger down to the most likely/obvious outcomes .

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So what do you think will be in the SBS? Possible bounty for Whitebeard (very unlikely)? Names for the unknown commanders? Unknown New World allies?

Last edited by james0246; 2010-02-15 at 01:26. Reason: spelling...
Old 2010-02-14, 16:06   Link #291
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So what do you think will be in the SBS? Possible bounty for Whitebeard (very unlikely)? Names for the unknown commanders? Unknown New World allies?

As much as I'd love to see Oda answer those types of questions, it's much more likely that he'll be answering something silly, like "How many gura guras does it take for Whitebeard to open a pickle jar?", or something like that.

Personally, I wouldn't mind learning (somewhat) useless info like the ages of Whitebeard, Garp, Sengoku, and the admirals myself.
Old 2010-02-14, 16:29   Link #292
james0246

^Yeah, real questions and answers are few and far inbetween when it comes to the SBS, but the kernals of information are always quite interesting. As you say, the ages of the older characters would be great to know. Brooke specifically mentioned a rookie named Roger was hanging out on the Grand Line around the time he died (which would be about 40-50 years before the present events), so it would be nice to know just how old everyone (from the older generation) is/was.
Old 2010-02-14, 18:26   Link #293
marvelB

^Uh-huh, I've always liked it when Oda reveals those little details about the characters (one of my favorite details would be when he actually drew the entire CP9 as kids, BTW ). I actually prefer that kind of info over the more plot-relevant stuff like DF questions and whatnot. It just goes to show how much care Oda puts into the series and its characters. I guess that's also part of the reason why I prefer the splash page ministories that focus on the secondary villains like Wapol and Gedatsu over the ones that focus on major villains like Eneru and CP9 (that, and I just plain find them more interesting overall).

BTW, another SBS question I'd like to see answered would be about the birthplaces of Blackbeard's crew. We know that Lafitte originally came from West Blue, but what about Teach and the rest? Maybe Oda can include Shiryuu as well, seeing as he's a new recruit......
Old 2010-02-14, 23:50   Link #294
trafalgarcito

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing when I reread the chapter.

Except for the fruit. Baby Ace is a bit too young to have a DF. Wouldn't want her burning the house down by accident. xD And yes, I just decided that if Ace had a child, it should definitely be a girl.

Oman, that revelation + a time skip would be kind of awesome. >_> Have her be not so little, with Ace's DF, and meeting up with her uncle Luffy at some point . . . Too awesome. <_<

and the lover is none other than...PRINCESS VIVI!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjc-S0cIZbM watch the first minute of that amv if you want tears...
Old 2010-02-15, 01:47   Link #295
marvelB

New spoilers have arrived, so I went ahead and made the thread for it, guys! Let's get at it, now!
Old 2010-02-15, 05:13   Link #296
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
Quote:
yeah i noticed too
But at first that Akainu intentionally made Ace mad
Old 2010-02-16, 04:59   Link #297
onepiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
yeah i noticed too
But at first that Akainu intentionally made Ace mad
Same here i found that pretty weird as well. I found it pretty depressing now that Ace is dead and how terrified Luffy looks right after. I guess he's going to go on a rampage now since Ace died and Whitebeard nearly dead. Overall this chapter, i think is one of the most emotional chapters of one piece
Old 2010-02-16, 11:54   Link #298
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
the most i scare is Luffy will rampage all the way and then get caught by Akainu or whoever
Old 2010-02-17, 09:23   Link #299
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I just caught up to the manga and I really wish Akainu a painful and agonizing death, I wanted to see just a little bit more of Ace before he died. But considering how Luffy survived being stabbed, buried, dried then poisoned I still have hope he might survive I mean even Pell was in the middle of an explosion and didnt die.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Closed Thread