AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-25, 06:22   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Steins;Gate - Character Discussion - Makise Kurisu

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Makise Kurisu related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Steins;Gate fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-06-25, 07:17   Link #2
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
How does she keep wearing her jacket like that (not covering her shoulders)?

Kurisu's just always keeping cool and in style, except those lapses where she gets trolled by Okarin. Plus she posts on the internet. That makes her cool.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-06-25, 07:28   Link #3
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Science.

Even if she's not my favorite character, but she has the best looking design in the anime in my eyes. Very cool looking.
Old 2011-06-25, 08:41   Link #4
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Kurisu's just always keeping cool and in style, except those lapses where she gets trolled by Okarin.
Eh, it's fair all around. For the times Okarin trolls her, she sometimes gets her chance to troll him back as well. The Feyris episode and the whole "call and hang up" fight between her and Okarin comes to mind.
Old 2011-06-25, 09:05   Link #5
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Best character in the show.
Old 2011-06-25, 09:36   Link #6
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
She was the prime reason I have come to give the show a try.
Old 2011-06-25, 09:39   Link #7
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

She's still the reason I'm still around.

But really, I love every character in Steinsgate. Really awesome improvement over Chaoshead.

But the best has to be the inclusion of ZA ZOMBIE.
Old 2011-06-25, 10:26   Link #8
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

KURISUUTIINAAA
Anybody thinks she's a lot cuter when she wears her lab coat all the time after Okarin told her to wear it?

Old 2011-06-25, 11:27   Link #9
tomtkp

I love the fact that Kurisu is the character that has the most aliases(mostly named by Okarin).
List of aliases:Lab Assistant,Christina,(Perverted) Girl Genius,The Zombie,Celeb 17,@cher(or @cherChris from VN version)
Old 2011-06-25, 11:30   Link #10
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I'm glad her art got better around the later episodes of the first cour.
Near the beginning, there were times her face felt... flat and her... AGO... was... Inoue-leveled.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-06-25, 14:34   Link #11
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
For the record, her jacket has some kind of straps around her upper arms and that's what made her jacket stay in place.

I don't know why, but I find that the character design for Kurisu from the Game is more attractive than the anime, though I like Mayuri's in the anime.

Btw Kurisu is described as a genius. So is she in college or has she already graduated from one?
Old 2011-06-25, 15:04   Link #12
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

She's definitely my favorite female character of the show. A very classic tsundere who isn't annoying and is very likeable.
Old 2011-06-25, 15:08   Link #13
Aqua Knight

Her appearance is great too. Those gray-blue eyes and red hair, it's just awesome combined with her outfit.
Old 2011-06-25, 15:27   Link #14
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

When I saw the promo poster for Steins;Gate, her character design along with Suzuha was the main reason I got interested in this show. Albeit, their personalities were a lot more light hearted than I originally expected, but not that I mind .
Old 2011-06-25, 15:51   Link #15
Mentar
Banned

You know when she had won with me? When she annihilated Okarin in the lecture ^_^ ... that was SO hilarious.

(It also gives me an idea why her dad got to hate her)
Old 2011-06-25, 19:13   Link #16
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Btw Kurisu is described as a genius. So is she in college or has she already graduated from one?
She might be attending school in America, and is visiting Japan while on break or something. I imagine she'd still have to work to earn a degree, even if she's a genius.
Old 2011-06-25, 22:39   Link #17
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
KURISUUTIINAAA
Anybody thinks she's a lot cuter when she wears her lab coat all the time after Okarin told her to wear it?
I DO I DO. She really looks a lot cuter with the lab coat on.
Old 2011-06-25, 23:30   Link #18
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
She might be attending school in America, and is visiting Japan while on break or something. I imagine she'd still have to work to earn a degree, even if she's a genius.
Kurisu mentioned that the Lab she's working at in America is filled with cold professionals with high ego. That strikes me as a more professional Lab than the university or school labs where the members could be friendlier with each other and focus less on professionalism. Also, she GAVE lectures in the earlier episodes right? Implying she might already finished at least undergraduate school.
Old 2011-06-26, 09:17   Link #19
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Kurisu mentioned that the Lab she's working at in America is filled with cold professionals with high ego. That strikes me as a more professional Lab than the university or school labs where the members could be friendlier with each other and focus less on professionalism. Also, she GAVE lectures in the earlier episodes right? Implying she might already finished at least undergraduate school.
Hm, possible. Considering she was reading through her father's papers when she was still in elementary school (I think? I'd have to rewatch that portion...), it's possible she qualified for entering college at a younger age and managed to graduate early.
Old 2011-06-27, 01:30   Link #20
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Well she's only 18, so she might both be still in school and working?

Set by TheEroKing.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters