Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-21, 11:32   Link #21
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
And I think if I'm not wrong Animage is the magazine that covers this show more than the others. If my memory serves me right it's the stakeout of Yuichiro Oguro, the guy behind WEB Anime Style (aka the if-you-read-any-magazine-then-read-this mag for sakuga otaku). That mag tends to have more interesting interviews and stuff like that, I think. And I won't be surprised in the least if Oguro wants to pimp this show. :P...
I suppose the fact Animage is published by Tokuma probably helps a ton too. Actually it looks like it's Iso who's interviewed in Animage March according to the website info. Gah, I hope I can find it somewhere...

EDIT: Well would you believe it. Here's the scans, curtesy of Manuloz...

http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?i...e32318bpo5.jpg
http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?i...te32331jy1.jpg <-- ha-ha Isako is tsundere!

and a bonus storyboard pic (some great expressions):

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/119/date30421sb8.jpg

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-02-21 at 16:23.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 12:59   Link #22
wao
OK.

Ah, I checked this only later...

Well how do you like that, instead of one transfer student, both of them are transfer students!

So I translated the second picture Sonhex linked. I put in some effort to these translations but they're still rather clunky and amateurish...

Spoiler for Saving space:

Now that interview. Man, that's a lot of words, and it's getting late... so while it pains my fangirl heart, I'll skip the Iso-pimping in the introduction - after all, it's done so much more eloquently and convincingly over at Ben's site.

OK, here goes nothing. It's awfully late and everyone knows I can't write well, let alone translate well, so do pardon any gaffes and awkward sentences. I do wish I could replicate Iso's style of speaking so we'd get any nuances, but oh well. Please don't shoot me if you think this is a crap translation If you can do better I implore you to correct it or make another version....

(Comments are in brackets), emphasis is mine for easier reading

Spoiler for saving space:

Do read those interviews with Inoue I linked, I just reread them and those are honestly very refreshing and insightful words that I'm grateful to have seen...

EDIT: Well that's fast, going by http://item.rakuten.co.jp/guruguru2/tkca-73185 as well as http://www.discstation.co.jp/VSSHOP/...?ns=TKCA-73185 it seems like they've already set a tentative release date for the soudntrack - 23rd May. But isn't this anime premiering in mid-May anyway? That's the fastest release I've seen for a soundtrack... Maybe the music will be so awesome and beautiful that they know people will want to get it ASAP?

Last edited by wao; 2007-02-25 at 00:06.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 15:01   Link #23
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Huge thanks for the translation wao. Work prevented me from replying sooner, but I've taken time to read your translations now. The more I read about this, the more excited I become (and can't wait for May to arrive). I few comments I picked out:
Quote:
...While being a "naive" drama delicately following the casual emotions and everyday lives of our young female leads, at the same time it is also has a sci-fi element that is filled to the brim with stimulating visuals, making this an anime with a seemingly unusual taste.
We're looking at a sci-fi slice-of-life then. Fantastic and that comment seems to fit in with the nostaglic look of the art and the emphasis on character rather than sci-fi motifs.
Quote:
Spoiler for saving space:

Do read those interviews with Inoue I linked, I just reread them and those are honestly very refreshing and insightful words that I'm grateful to have seen...
Wonderful interview, gives a real insight into the ideas behind Dennou Coil and Iso's approach in general, not to mention some of themes we can expect to be covered (distance, friendship, choices etc...) Interesting that it seems Yasako and Isako will have a turbulent relationship (or at least Isako will be the obstinate troubled one).

There's also some really cool ideas in there - living computer viruses and sentient virtual pets that you can only see with the Dennou Megane. I guess Densuke (the fat dog) is one of these virtual pets. There was an image (http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?i...te30419id1.jpg) posted by Manuloz on Ben's site that shows Densuke only partially visible through the glasses. Yet we see Densuke being hugged by Kyoko, so these pets must have some physical presence or maybe it's just the way their program reacts to the physical world. Or something. Will be fascinating to find out how they're tackling these themes in detail.

The character page on the website have been updated btw, showing us Daichi and Oyaji - I have no idea what he's meant to be.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-02-28 at 17:51.
Old 2007-03-09, 03:30   Link #24
wao
OK.

OK, so the music is by Tsuneyoshi Saito... and just recently some fans found out by checking CD sites that the OP ("Prism") and ED ("Sora no Kakera") will be performed by Ayako Ikeda (池田綾子).

I don't know anything about her, but here is a PV of one of her songs. Sounds pretty generic, but with a more interestingly composed and arranged song I can see her voice fitting in well enough.

Also, a bit of info on Yuuko I missed out the last time - when Yasako moves into Daikoku, it appears she is made to join the "Coil Computer Investigation Agency" (コイル電脳探偵局) after meeting up with Fumie. Sounds fun!

BTW I noticed this some time ago but kept forgetting to mention it - not is just Densuke a virtual pet, it appears you can have other virtual things too, if you've noticed that promo pic with Isako and Yasako standing in front and that temple gateway in the back, there's some kids kicking a ball and another guy reaching out to something and those things have that lined look which means they're virtual.

Reminds me of Zettai Shounen (which is a good thing).

...and god, I can't believe Real's seiyuu is going to do a little tanned kid's voice
Old 2007-03-09, 19:06   Link #25
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
...and god, I can't believe Real's seiyuu is going to do a little tanned kid's voice
From Amy Lee-like clone to little asian kid? Why not, as long as she can pull it off.

On a side note, I'm really interested and captivated by the idea of a world and setting where the real "norma-looking" worlds blend with virtual reality. I hope this show will be really inspiring under that aspect.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 06:49   Link #26
wao
OK.

BTW if anyone has a clear version of http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?i...te30419id1.jpg (specifically the interview section) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me/us where to get it. Or send it to me. Through PM or on this forum or through email. Please. It is an interview with Sanae Mitsugi, the producer of the show. I would like to read and hopefully translate it. If there's already a translated version out there I would love to read it too...

There's cast and staff interviews in this month's Animage, according to the official site. Which is good - I was going to buy it for the Iroha spread in it, and this is a bonus to buy it. Animage is a better magazine than Newtype and Animedia, I think... I've not read that much of all three but Animage tends to have better writing and interviews and furthermore it has some juicy stuff on the Shows That Matter, usually.
Of course I will scan it in once I get it .

Which, hopefully, would be next Friday. Hopefully.

EDIT: More news on related merchandise,

The book - this was announced some time back, but it's going at 860 yen on the 19th of April under the label "Tokuma Novelize Edge" and it's authored by a "Yuuko Miyamura".
I really don't know if it's the same as that seiyuu, but yes they have the same name. Exactly the same name, if I'm not wrong.
It's described as a "juvenile" short story, maybe it's for kids?

The manga - fresh news. If you go here, they mention at the bottom that there's a comic version in the works to be serialised in Ciao! Comics (Shogakukan), and I think that is one of those shoujo-manga mags... by shoujo I mean... ah heck, you can go look at their list of titles in English. I see Ask Dr. Rin, Mirumo de Pon!, and... Utena o_O Uh, basically, quite a large amount of frilly and girly and cute.

I can understand why some fans were hoping it'd go to IKKI or something...

EDIT2: Also, I'm sure someone here has it - anyone has a reasonably large, full version of that old promo picture with the temple and the bunch of people plus Isako and Yasako in the foreground? The one with the "ortp://" thing, it used to be on the tokuma page before it got updated.

Last edited by wao; 2007-03-10 at 14:06.
Old 2007-03-15, 04:06   Link #27
wao
OK.

Oh wow, another double post.... Why do I have a feeling of deja vu here?

Anyway - I scanned in cast interview from April Animage! It comes with some new pictures of the characters.

This is just 33.3% of the original size. If you'd like a larger version please ask me and I'll upload it.

They're actually nice interviews to read and talk a leetle bit more about the characters themselves, but I don't have the time to translate them now .

EDIT: One last thing -

This is a larger version of the picture on the official site. There was an announcement about the soundtrack in Animage and this picture was there. I think you can see the other characters in there who haven't been otherwise shown yet. I think it's Daichi's gang - but surely Haraken isn't the one on the fence?
How cute though, Fumie's sort of reluctantly (?) sitting there with Oyaji. Even though she and Daichi argue so much! Heh.

In other news, there's also this thing floating 'round on the web...
http://coil.atwiki.com/
I doubt anyone in this thread has much to contribute but if you do, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by wao; 2007-03-15 at 05:58.
Old 2007-03-18, 15:09   Link #28
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for the scans! I do like Honda's energetic sketches, so full of character and life, can't wait to see those in motion ~ one day soon we'll get a jaw dropping promo (hopefully).

Um, I don't think that's Haraken on the fence, he doesn't wear a hat (at least not in the images we've seen so far). Maybe it's Akira? She hasn't appeared on the site yet last time I looked, so not sure what she might look like. And yeah, Humie looks really bored in that last one, how cute
Old 2007-03-21, 03:20   Link #29
Keitarou
Ninja

Can't wait till its finally going to air. One of my favourite animators, Mitsuo Iso, as director and on the script, it's impossible for this one to go wrong. Now I just hope that Madhouse will pay attention to that project like they did on Kemonozume, a treatment like every other of their series in the last two years had would prove to be disastrous. I'm also expecting a line-up of Japan's top animators on every episode, setting a new standard.

Thanks for the scans and interview, wao.
Keitarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 04:19   Link #30
wao
OK.

No problem. Speaking of trailers - there's going to be one at the upcoming Tokyo Anime Fair 2007, at the Tokuma Shoten booth. Just like past years I'm dead sure someone will secretly take a video of it... I hope....

I guess I will go put on my zomg-translate-crappily hat and see what I can make out of the cast interviews. Nothing substantial, but still.

...And I've had no luck getting February Animage, curse you Kino for not doing backorders! I am so desparate for it!
Old 2007-03-21, 04:28   Link #31
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Nice, the character design shown in those scans seem to have a sort of retrò feeling, like some of 80's/beginning of 90's anime series used to have. I like it. And I wish I could see more background art (I am a sucker for that), I am really curious to see how the "world" described so far is actually portrayed like.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 18:01   Link #32
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
No problem. Speaking of trailers - there's going to be one at the upcoming Tokyo Anime Fair 2007, at the Tokuma Shoten booth. Just like past years I'm dead sure someone will secretly take a video of it... I hope....
If no one releases a video on the two business days, I'll capture the trailer when I'm there on the 24th.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 00:00   Link #33
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/anime/coil/

Starts May 12th. 26 episodes.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 00:20   Link #34
wao
OK.

Woot! Thanks for the offer and thanks for the news too! We'll be waiting to see it excitedly
Old 2007-03-22, 15:12   Link #35
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Great news about the air date and the possible trailer. I trawled through the TAF coverage and only found one measly image of the Denno Coil stand. Here it is:

That's all I found so far
Old 2007-03-22, 15:17   Link #36
wao
OK.

Thanks for the pic, anyway. I really can't wait to see that trailer, but well. All I've heard so far is that it doesn't feel like it's aimed at otaku or pandering to fans, but can be enjoyed by anybody. Yay!
Old 2007-03-22, 16:35   Link #37
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

More screens from TAF http://ruliweb.empas.com/ruliboard/r...b_news&main=hb
Is that a Devil May Cry trailer I'm seeing O_O. Can't wait to see that too. That baseball anime looks pretty cool too.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 12:52   Link #38
Tsuka

Denno Coil opening (screener)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDfBBWP49p0
Tsuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 13:06   Link #39
wao
OK.

YES! Thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you. Even more thanks to the person who uploaded it!

...Wow, I totally didn't expect it to be liek that though! It definitely feels like much more than a mere children's show. It has more of a SF element than I thought - but in exactly the sort of way I like, in that it's so cool how the children are just on the streets and there's those digitized "patches" appearing at their feet.

Even the song itself is different from what I thought it would be. It's got a feeling of adventure and coolness but yet it's not like some mech OP or anything either. Although it does end a bit funnily...

My favourite part is the beginning, especially the bit where Haraken's turning around and sees a shadow of a head going down the stairs. But best of all, I'm really reassured by the backgrounds - from what I can see, they look great, just as I was hoping for this anime. If Zettai Shounen could have great backgrounds, so can this!

I do wonder what those circle things are though. They remind me of those large diagram things I remember seeing in Eva and Aquarion - the name escapes me now. Was it some Jewish thing? I have a feeling there'll definitely be some sort of big story behind this whole thing (especially if there's 26 episodes). But how it will turn out remains to be seen.

Anyway, good OP. Looking forward to this even more!
Old 2007-03-23, 13:18   Link #40
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I liked how the song started but need to hear a cleaner version before formulating an opinion. Thanks for the link Tsuka!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction