Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-01, 08:47   Link #1
Butternuts
お金があればそれだけて生きることができ る

Drama recommendation

So, i watched The Return of the Condor Heroes, and i think its like the best swordfighting/power-flashing/romance/drama ever made. But then again this is the only drama I actually sat through.....o.o. Is there any other drama that has swordfighting/power-flashing/romance/drama >.>.... especially power-flashing and romance .

Last edited by Butternuts; 2008-12-01 at 09:08.
Old 2008-12-01, 13:03   Link #2
Niji

Try Fate/Stay Night. I have not seen Condor Heroes, but power-flashing, swordfighting, romantic drama fits. It has some funny elements too though, so I am not sure...
Old 2008-12-03, 20:50   Link #3
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butternuts View Post
So, i watched The Return of the Condor Heroes, and i think its like the best swordfighting/power-flashing/romance/drama ever made. But then again this is the only drama I actually sat through.....o.o. Is there any other drama that has swordfighting/power-flashing/romance/drama >.>.... especially power-flashing and romance .
omg lol you are talking about a chinese wuxia series... you should check this web for that kind of series wuxiasociety.org

My personal favorites are:

Tian long Ba Bu (2004)
Heaven Sword Dragon Sabre (2002)
Bi Xue Jian
Laughing at the Wind (2001)
Legend of the Condor Heroes
Return of the conder heroes
Fox Volant of the Snowy Mountain
Paladin in Troubled Times
Bi Chun Mu
The Handsome Siblings (2005)
Old 2008-12-03, 21:53   Link #4
Butternuts
お金があればそれだけて生きることができ る

ooooooooooh thank you very much =D
Old 2008-12-03, 22:13   Link #5
meh

www.spcnet.tv has a lot of reviews. So it's a good place to find descriptions of dramas. Although most tend to be for Chinese/Hong Kong/Korean dramas. And not so much Japanese.

Anyway, Return of Condor Heroes is part of a "trilogy" based on martial arts writer God Jing Yong. If you liked it, you MUST watch the prequel Legend of Condor Heroes. There are quite a few versions out there. If you want the newest version, one came out this year. But if you don't mind dated graphics and crappy production value, I think the 1983 version might be better.

The third part of the trilogy is Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber, but the story is more detached from the first two, so it's not really required viewing.
Old 2008-12-04, 17:40   Link #6
Butternuts
お金があればそれだけて生きることができ る

I want to watch Legend of the condor hero, but the 2008 version isnt fully out yet.

Right now i'm watching The Handsome Siblings, its really funny. The main character is very witty, even though his marital arts sucks.
Old 2008-12-05, 08:51   Link #7
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Legend of the conder hero 2008 is complete already... i finished it a month ago.