AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-04, 18:06   Link #21
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

spoiler for ending:

Spoiler:

it's not a bad bad ending, but a sad one over all. If your looking for a happy ever after, then this isnt it. That said, given the title of the book 'First End' im wondering if there's going to be a series of endings, could be interesting
Old 2008-02-13, 13:36   Link #22
miloy2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Too bad the manga never finishes.
Yup, still on going up to chapter 229 =_=

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnMacCool View Post
That's very interesting. When I first saw the anime of Ah! My Goddess, I never imagined I would like it because I was never into romantic comedies but it took only one or two episodes for me to be completely emotionally attached to the characters. Since I've finished the animes already and I'm not exactly willing to spend a ton of money on the mangas at the moment, perhaps I'll pick this up. Thank you for posting this.
second that since this is the first manga/anime that really 'drag' me to the anime world XD

Last edited by miloy2k; 2008-02-13 at 13:37. Reason: typo
Old 2008-02-15, 02:50   Link #23
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

I finally got this book! I'm only on page sixty something but it's really cool how it's just like the show, except in book form!

Since it's a softcover book, I want to get something to protect it. I went through ALOT of trouble (accidently driving into San Francisco [then I had to go home since it was late], getting lost in Oakland, somehow ending up in china town and FINALLY making it to Emeryville. -_- So does anyone know how to protect paperback books?

EDIT: never mind, i got this clear plastic film thing. ^_^

Last edited by Double_Edge; 2008-02-15 at 18:55.
Old 2008-02-16, 11:39   Link #24
mdauben

I got the book a little while ago, but just had a chance to read it this week. Overall it was a very good read, but a warning that if you are a real fan of the story (anime or manga) and the characters, the ending is very, very emotional.

Spoiler for Ending:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
Spoiler:
Actually, I don't think that is quite true.

Spoiler for ending:

So, I while it does have some very sad (or at least emotional) moments, I thought the actual ending was happy enough.

Last edited by mdauben; 2008-02-16 at 11:56.
Old 2008-02-16, 15:09   Link #25
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Not sure i agree with you there, in part.

I got the impressions Hild was showing Bell that even on his own, he's destined for good things. Since even without Bell's influence the machiners still sought him out. Which was something Bell thought she was the reason for.

Although yeah, i had a few lumps in my throat with the ending and had dust in my eyes causing them to water....alot

I also got the impression it was about to start all over again, whith her premonition at the end, casuing her not to answer the phone straight away. Though it would be bad IMO. This novel gives a conclusion, all be it a traumatic one, and by having them start all over again it would just wipe out the entire story. Also it would just have to repeate, since the crux of the story is that being around the goddesses for so long was what caused the problems.

I'm hoping they do other 'ending' sories, ideally one with them getting married or something. Though i wonder what a half human/half goddess kid would be like >.<

Touma-sensei is a awesome novelist, and for her first attempt i was astounded bu it. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it was better than some professional novelists have written
Old 2008-02-16, 21:25   Link #26
mdauben

Quote:
I got the impressions Hild was showing Bell that even on his own, he's destined for good things. Since even without Bell's influence the machiners still sought him out. Which was something Bell thought she was the reason for.
I agree with you on that. Keiichi is such a good person, he surely has to eventually get his share of goodness in his life.

Spoiler for Keiichi:

Spoiler for Speculation:

Quote:
Also it would just have to repeate, since the crux of the story is that being around the goddesses for so long was what caused the problems.
Spoiler for Ending:

Quote:
Touma-sensei is a awesome novelist, and for her first attempt i was astounded bu it. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it was better than some professional novelists have written
True! I was a little aprehensive when I heard who wrote the book (being an voice actress certainly does not automatically qualify one to be an author) but I agree that she did a splendid job and I would eagerly look forward to seeing more from her.
Old 2008-02-16, 22:51   Link #27
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I think the deciding factor was when he called Kozueko his goddess, which was cute in a way, i got all misty eyed over that. That said, it took him long enough, i mean shesh, he met her in college but makes her wait till he's in his thirties before tying the knot. Sheesh he's still as indecisive as ever.

I disagree with the book title though, it could be they never meet again and still make sense of being First End, IF she writes other endings. For example one ending i've always loved was the movie ending, which showed just how right they are together.

I could also think of a good ending based on the original OVA, where he met her as a kid, but was forced to forget it.

It's a shame really though, since several things were made important in the manga, but were never built upon. Otaki getting a fiance, Keiichi having a singularity in him, not to mench the later things where a human supporting an angel. THe explanation given in the manga dosent really make much sense, and i always felt that was silted.

There so much potential in the AMG universe it would catastrophic for Touma-sensei not to carry on writing novels in it. There's so much potential that she could draw out, potential the manga could never draw out. And as she showed with this novel, she dosent have to flow with the story.

One of the best things about this book though is the art, those drawings are just mind blowing, and Hild looks so damned cute!!!

I do think other novels are coming aswell, since it's being push as 'the first' AMG novel, if it was only going to be this one, i think they would of gone for 'A' or something. 'The First' screams there's going to be other novels

But dang, it dosent qualify as a light novel >.< it's huge, thicker than a normal novel, and twice as thick as most normal light novels. Best money i ever spent!!!

hmmmm would love to see a story about them later in life, with rug rats and all really want to see Urd and Skuld babysiting the brats hehe

In a sad way though, no matter what happens Belldanady is set to become heart broken, since Keiichi will die eventually even if it's old age, and she'll still be the same old Belldandy (now there's an icky thought). The book shows what she's like when he dies, and i can actually still see her reacting like that. Really sad

My only main beef with the book, was the beginning, it didnt flow right. The prologue and first chapter didn't match properly.
Old 2008-02-17, 08:32   Link #28
miloy2k

Correct me if I am wrong, seems that the relation this novel compare to the anime@manga is in "Different universe" right?
Old 2008-02-17, 09:12   Link #29
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

no, it's a spin off, it's more a 'what if' than a seperate universe. It builds on the story that was laid in volume 5 of the manga, where Skuld says Keiichi has a singularity in him because of the goddesses being around him. Though it actually spins off after the angel eater arc, since there's mention of that in the novel aswell, just not sure as to how much after.
Old 2008-02-17, 09:33   Link #30
miloy2k

ok thanks for the info... XD
Old 2008-02-18, 23:32   Link #31
aikming

Got mine yesterday.

P/S: It's a fan-fiction by urd vocal Touma, not like it's the ending Fujishima's aiming for.
Old 2008-02-19, 05:24   Link #32
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikming View Post
Got mine yesterday.

P/S: It's a fan-fiction by urd vocal Touma, not like it's the ending Fujishima's aiming for.
No it's not a fan-fic. it's and authorised version that Fujisima helped out on, including cover art and giving advice on the story itself.
Old 2008-02-24, 01:08   Link #33
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

I finished the book today. I had a nearly 200 page reading marathon. Anyway, loved the book. I was really sad when Belldandy was watching Keichiis life without her.....
I can;t decide how I would want to interpret the ending. Thinking that Belldandy eventually answers the phone is kind of a happy ending. But i also like the possibilty of her staying in a daze not picking the phone up in time. It will give it a sad but not tragic ending....

Anyway, what are the machiners? Did they show up in the anime? Because I've seen all the episodes except for the last DVD of season two and I can;t remember what they are.
Old 2008-02-24, 05:17   Link #34
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Machiners aren't in the anime. They were in the manga. They're basically sentient machines that come to Keiichi for repairs.
Old 2008-02-24, 08:55   Link #35
miloy2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
I finished the book today. I had a nearly 200 page reading marathon. Anyway, loved the book. I was really sad when Belldandy was watching Keichiis life without her.....
I can;t decide how I would want to interpret the ending. Thinking that Belldandy eventually answers the phone is kind of a happy ending. But i also like the possibilty of her staying in a daze not picking the phone up in time. It will give it a sad but not tragic ending....

Anyway, what are the machiners? Did they show up in the anime? Because I've seen all the episodes except for the last DVD of season two and I can;t remember what they are.
just imagine a new OVA release referring to this novel XD
Old 2008-02-24, 09:09   Link #36
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by miloy2k View Post
just imagine a new OVA release referring to this novel XD
nah, not going to happen. They have to much material left to cover in the manga, and it's unlikely we'll see a new series this year. If we're lucky we may get another 3 part OVA, hopefully carrying on from where the current one ends.
Old 2008-03-05, 07:31   Link #37
aikming

Quote:
No it's not a fan-fic. it's and authorised version that Fujisima helped out on, including cover art and giving advice on the story itself.
It IS a fan-fic. Fujishima and Matsubara ONLY did the illustration. There's no indication that this is what Fujishima's going for. Fujishima jsut there to supervise so that things wont go wrong or outta hand. It's just an ending that Yumi wrote.
Old 2008-03-05, 13:41   Link #38
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

No, your wrong:

Quote:
Fan fiction (alternately referred to as fanfiction, fanfic, FF or fic) is a broadly defined term for fiction about characters or settings written by admirers of the original work, rather than by the original creators. The term applies to works that are uncommissioned and unauthorized by the owner/creators and publishers of the original and usually works which are not professionally published.
This was AUTHORISED by Fujishima, who also did artwork and advised on the story. True he didn't write it, and true we have no idea how he wants to end it. However it IS an official release that is fully authorised and approved. Fan Fisction is work done by fans (not professionals), is not authorised by the original creators, and not officially published in mainstream.
Old 2008-03-11, 17:22   Link #39
Cookiez
Sugar Junkie ^^

Yay i've just managed to order it! Can't wait...

Now lets hope it doesn't get lost in transit :laugh:
Old 2008-03-11, 21:00   Link #40
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

lol

it's an awesome read!!
Closed Thread