AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-09-25, 06:52   Link #201
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingFreelancer View Post
I dont think that Kitamaru will be able to tolerate Paltom Tiger for very long.
Well, you might know something I don't if you read the novels, but I don't think she'll act like her usual self if she were to hook up with Kitamura. Even in the manga, it shows at least 3 times were she's shy and things of that nature when in front of him. As cliche' as that type of thing is, it more or less guarantees that she won't treat him "like a dog".
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 11:22   Link #202
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuloz View Post
Oh my God! Inko-chan is almost...cute

Animation looks quite good. I just hope that our Tiger won't sound too much like Louise.
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 15:25   Link #203
typhonsentra

Something I just thought of:

How are they going to deal with Ryuuji in this show? The entire point of his character is that you can't read his thoughts based off his (Misleading) expressions, are they going to have a lot of inner monologues like Haruhi? The novels aren't told from a first-person perspective by the way, although it's very rare that the reader learns about things Ryuuji himself doesn't know about.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 15:42   Link #204
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Another character to add to Kugimiya Rie's tsundere loli collection...^_^'' It's almost impossible to think of taiga as a seperate character from Louise or Nagi (although Shana sounds slightly deeper, so I can seperate her) from TEH Rie's voice. I hope Kugimiya Rie can make a slightly different voice from the others.

I think this would make a nice 'brain-less' show where I can relax and watch without trying to think what's going to happen next.
Old 2008-09-25, 18:40   Link #205
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post

How are they going to deal with Ryuuji in this show? The entire point of his character is that you can't read his thoughts based off his (Misleading) expressions, are they going to have a lot of inner monologues like Haruhi? The novels aren't told from a first-person perspective by the way, although it's very rare that the reader learns about things Ryuuji himself doesn't know about.
Maybe they will use the "switch to spectator's altered image of" trick to present Ryuuji as a life threat for his comrades and teachers?
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 19:30   Link #206
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post

I’m not quite understanding your concern here…, and I wonder how you came to this conclusion… (If you plan to disclose details from the manga/novel, it would be better to carry this discussion to PM), because well, I don’t think there should be too much of a problem if they do something similar to the manga by having the show be presented/told from a third perspective (the way many shows are) and shift to Ryuji’s when the time comes. It should work just fine if they decide to take a close approach to what Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu did with the Kyon's perspective.

But really, I’m not expecting too much from this show—whether they do indeed treat adequately some, if not most of the important stuff that comes exactly from Ryuji’s thoughts/point of view.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 19:53   Link #207
typhonsentra

Yeah, I specifically mentioned Haruhi as an example of how they could resolve the problem as that's the only way I can think of doing it. The way the books describe him, he's supposed to look very threatening/intimidating, I can't imagine any other way they'd get the point across in the first episode what he's really supposed to be like.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 13:10   Link #208
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Well, you might know something I don't if you read the novels, but I don't think she'll act like her usual self if she were to hook up with Kitamura. Even in the manga, it shows at least 3 times were she's shy and things of that nature when in front of him. As cliche' as that type of thing is, it more or less guarantees that she won't treat him "like a dog".
Well, in start of course it is like that. But with time people will get more used to each other and wont be so shy. Besides, she cant do any home related work, she is a major "klutz" (clumsy) and have a "twisted" personality, in turn it served here not very well. Does not seem that she had any major friends at school besides Minori.
I know same goes for Ryuji, but it seem like as if he has at least 2 friends. Kitamura and other dude.

Kitamura is always on to some club activities and such so he has barely time to babysit her.
Spoiler for He likes some one?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
But really, I’m not expecting too much from this show—whether they do indeed treat adequately some, if not most of the important stuff that comes exactly from Ryuji’s thoughts/point of view.
In Shakugan no Shana novels Yuji had more personality then in anime, I really hope this wont be the case. Will be such a pain in the lower garbage canal if they make another wussy out of a man!

Any way, the teaser got subbed, here is a link to source from where I got it. If you find a streaming one, post it as well.
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/5...ra?tab=summary
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 17:12   Link #209
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

I've been wondering for a while now

What's the name of the song that plays in the background of the teaser?
Old 2008-09-26, 17:13   Link #210
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
What's the name of the song that plays in the background of the teaser?
What else could it be?

It's Pre-Parade, the series' OP.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 17:20   Link #211
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
What else could it be?

It's Pre-Parade, the series' OP.
Well sorry for not having Omnipotence
I heard from a friend that there was another OP song, and as lazy as I am, believed him and searched no further untill I asked here.
Old 2008-09-27, 12:03   Link #212
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Lulz@Seiyuu, Lulz@Seiyuu. I just noticed, haven't see the promo just now.
Old 2008-09-28, 04:00   Link #213
JediNight
キズランダム

I'm kinda worried about the anime...

For starters -- JC Staff is doing the production work, and they don't have a very good track record lately. Especially when it comes to tsundere shows. 2nd season of Shana and ZnT were wrecks. 3rd season of ZnT wasn't much better.

Also, I'm just not hyped about Rie Kugimiya being picked for Taiga. She's being overused lately for like every damn tsundere lead character, and I'm sick of hearing her. I think she will do the character a disservice and is too high-pitched for Taiga. Maybe it's just me, but the voice in my head for her was more like the voice actress for young Klan from Macross F.

I'm afraid that JC Staff is just going to gut out everything that makes this series interesting, and instead we're going to get 13 episodes of "Louise" calling "Saito" a baka inu. When to me, it takes the tsundere HS love triangle archetype and flips it on its side with some uncommonly good character development for Taiga and Ryuji.

Spoiler for Manga/Novel info:

PS: The Japanese phrase technically means "palmtop", but when translating that to an English idiom, I think "Pocket Tiger" sounds much better and still keeps the spirit of the Japanese idiom that we don't really use in English. Same idea though.

Quote:
I think this would make a nice 'brain-less' show where I can relax and watch without trying to think what's going to happen next.
It's not supposed to be -- but I fear that this may be what the anime becomes with JC Staff doing it... The appeal to me of ToraDora is the author took the stereotype of these types of series, but adds a good helping of mature character development to it as well.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 05:08   Link #214
gonzo562

im going to hate this anime since thier gonna be using the same voice of shakugan no shana
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:55   Link #215
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Maybe it's just me, but the voice in my head for her was more like the voice actress for young Klan from Macross F.
That's Megumi Toyoguchi, probably best known for Black Lagoon's Revy.. and I tend to agree with you here but oh well.. can't do anything about it.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 08:05   Link #216
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Also, I'm just not hyped about Rie Kugimiya being picked for Taiga. She's being overused lately for like every damn tsundere lead character, and I'm sick of hearing her.
JC Staff needs to get out of the thought process that tsundere=Kugimiya... Not only does it not fit, it doesn't help when Taiga reminds the viewers of Louise (or Shana). That, and people are getting tired of the same character over and over again...
At least Mikoto didn't suffer this fate...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 08:11   Link #217
Westlo
Lets be reality

Can we put all the blame on J.C Staff? Can't Rie Kugimiya say no when asked to do tsundere lolis? And her fans wonder why she gets typecast...
Old 2008-09-28, 10:09   Link #218
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Can we put all the blame on J.C Staff? Can't Rie Kugimiya say no when asked to do tsundere lolis? And her fans wonder why she gets typecast...
Did you ever turn down good payed jobs? Didn't think so. Besides, some people who fortunate enough to not know Japanese will not even hear any difference.
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:22   Link #219
Westlo
Lets be reality

Actually I have...
Old 2008-09-28, 12:17   Link #220
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
They don't - they love her tsundere role and still haven't gotten enough of it. 99% of the fans of Toradora in Japan were waiting for Kugimiya to do Taiga, it would be suicide on the consortium's part to NOT have her do Taiga and not the other way around.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen