AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-06-06, 11:06   Link #61
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Susan was also supposed to be about 14-15 years old too, as I recall. It's been a while since i watched Hartnell eps, but I think she's a bit more of a screamer than most of the ones that follow.

In my view the first really great companions are Jamie and Zoe, with Patrick Troughton (who I prefer to Hartnell, and consider one of the 2-3 best Doctors).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 11:15   Link #62
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

My fave of the three for 10th was Martha. I liked her style plus throw in The Master's storyline and it was gold. I liked Donna a lot more when she was a companion then just the wedding epi. "Donna Noble has been saved." Hated Rose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusore
Now I want a shirt that says "the angels have the phone box."
Ive seen those online. I want the one that says "Keep Calm and Don't Blink".
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 11:36   Link #63
james0246

I've always been partial to Leela. She was kickass in a skimpy outfit. What's not to like? . Ace was also pretty cool.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 11:46   Link #64
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Ahh yes, I remember Ace.

Endless "Nitro-9" Soul
Old 2012-06-06, 13:24   Link #65
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Hated Rose.
Any particular reason? (I won't rant-I'm just curious. XD)
Old 2012-06-06, 15:55   Link #66
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Unlike the previous companions Catherine Tate is a very experienced actress. She and Tennant are of the same age and quite well matched. Love the banter between the two.

A sketch with her and Tennant:

That sketch is amazing and it just goes to show that that particular pairing had such great moments together. Donna was so over the top that I spent plenty of episodes laughing like a madman.
Old 2012-06-06, 17:53   Link #67
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Whereas most characters immediately fall all over themselves when around the Doctor, River not only knows as much as he does, but she can even befuddled him, something very few other characters ever do.
Donna. Donna may not know as much as the Doctor, but she definitely doesn't fall all over herself around him (except when she first meets him again, but wouldn't you, if you met someone you'd been waiting for for so long...particularly THAT sort of someone?). She even puts him in his place many times and occasionally befuddles him. I love that about her. That's also why I prefer her to Rose, though I love Rose dearly. I support Ten and Rose as a couple, but Donna as a companion in general is much better, in my opinion.

Martha had too much of an "I love you why don't you love me?" issue. and she seemed to expect something to actually happen. I like her much better as UNIT commander. I must admit though--she was absolutely spectacular in the Master episodes. Or "Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!" as Ten would say.

Rose I liked as a romantic interest. Not so much as a companion, but as Ten's love. They were fun together, and the romance was my favorite part of her. As a "Time Lord's Companion" however, I think she leaves much to be desired. She wasn't hardened to the world as Donna is/was and Martha became. (plus, she seemed like a teenager, 18 or so, whereas Donna is closer to the Doctor's (physical) age and more mature.

I must say though: What is it about companions and their mothers? Jackie Tyler was just annoying as all hell, Martha's mother was always bugging her and unsupportive, and Donna's mother...well you can definitely see bits of her in Donna, but she's always bothering Donna about her life and what she should and shouldn't do and basically "mothering' her a little TOO much for someone Donna's age.
Old 2012-06-06, 18:26   Link #68
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Any particular reason? (I won't rant-I'm just curious. XD)
1) I didnt really like Billie Piper as her. 2) I didn't like how she treated the Tin Dog...erm Mickey () during most of her run, espc when wants to travel with the Doctor. I found her whiny and annoying most of the time with this whole "Im so in love with him I want him all to myself" attitude. I know Martha had the same problem but she also knew when to walk away which is why I liked her more. Only issue I had with Martha is that she married Mickey

Fave companion is Pond which is why Im not looking foward to series 7....(well I am but you know what I mean).
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-06-06, 18:33   Link #69
Kirarakim

Oh we are talking favorite companions, well mine will always be Sarah Jane I just adore her (and I also loved the Sarah Jane Adventures).

As for New Who I think my favorite companions were Donna & Rory (Rory counts right?)

Favorite episodes/story lines of Who are: City of Death & the Doctor's Wife (no coincidence they they both happen to be written by two of my favorite authors).

Favorite Doctor: I think it's a tie between 3, 4, and 11 (I can't choose...)

Okay I think that covers everything
Old 2012-06-06, 19:17   Link #70
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post

As for New Who I think my favorite companions were Donna & Rory (Rory counts right?)
Rory totally counts! I love him too :3

My fave epis are The Girl in the Fireplace (I was screaming at my screen at the end). Blink (does this need an explaination). Silence in the Libary (Donna Noble has been saved). The Girl Who Waited (hnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg).
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-06-06, 23:54   Link #71
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Rory is great, no doubt. But I also like the dynamic of one male/one female companion - most of the time, that tends to work very well.
Old 2012-06-07, 13:59   Link #72
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Cool For Doctor Who Fans

Who is your favourite or scariest villian of all in Doctor Who and why?

Just wanted to know if you're curious as to why i suddenly asked this question.

My scariest and favourite villian are the WEEPING ANGELS. wished i could have seen them more in the series.
Midnight2352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 16:42   Link #73
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I definitely prefer the classic series, but the weeping angels are hard to top for the creepy factor.
Old 2012-06-07, 18:24   Link #74
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Weeping Angels for me as well. Whats creepier then not knowing if something is coming after you or I not, espc when they look like something we all know. Brillant idea.

@Midnight, theyll be back in series 7.

Edit: Also for people looking for T-shirts, ThinkGeek has a ton The Angels Have the Phone Box, Bow Ties Are Cool, Keep Calm and Don't Blink (my personal fave). There's Adipose plushies, 10's Coat, Harkness's coat. Tons of goodies.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2012-06-07 at 18:43.
Old 2012-06-07, 20:37   Link #75
james0246

Favourite Villian? Ever since I saw the episode when it was first aired, I've loved the Empty Child from "The Empty Child". Cybermen are always worth a watch. And the Master is always a blast. Daleks get a bum rap for their silly design, but I still remember seeing them for the first time when I was 9 or so and the resulting nightmares their complete inhumanity gave me.

Recently, the Silence look amazing and I liked their storyline quite a bit.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 21:59   Link #76
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Favourite villain? Dalek of course, their appearance seems harmless but then they begin emotionlessly slaughtering everything and everything chanting mechanically and monotonously their motto.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 09:21   Link #77
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

Recently, the Silence look amazing and I liked their storyline quite a bit.
Ohhh I forgot about The Silence (ok that pun wasnt intended really....). The episodes with them always reminded me of the X Files, espc when they're searching that old orphanage.

I remember recently Dalek's were voted on by the British as the best villains of all time, even more then Vader! Theyre iconic.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-06-10, 18:40   Link #78
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
In my view the first really great companions are Jamie and Zoe, with Patrick Troughton (who I prefer to Hartnell, and consider one of the 2-3 best Doctors).
I saw "The War Games" last summer and was quite amused at how the Doctor and Jamie seemed to get kidnapped at least twice as many times as Zoe did (then again I was also amazed at how many times they got kidnapped in just four hours of run time), gotta remember to watch more Second Doctor serials this summer. And I've seen a couple of serials involving Ace and the Seventh Doctor and I liked them quite a bit as well (think the ones I saw were "The Remembrance of the Daleks" and "The Curse of Fenric")
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 17:10   Link #79
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2352 View Post
Who is your favourite or scariest villian of all in Doctor Who and why?

Just wanted to know if you're curious as to why i suddenly asked this question.

My scariest and favourite villian are the WEEPING ANGELS. wished i could have seen them more in the series.
Scariest? Weeping Angels. Just so creepy...though the idea of the Vashta Nerada creeped me out too, being a bit scared of the dark.
Favorite? Daleks. Always the Daleks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Weeping Angels for me as well. Whats creepier then not knowing if something is coming after you or I not, espc when they look like something we all know. Brillant idea.

@Midnight, theyll be back in series 7.

Edit: Also for people looking for T-shirts, ThinkGeek has a ton The Angels Have the Phone Box, Bow Ties Are Cool, Keep Calm and Don't Blink (my personal fave). There's Adipose plushies, 10's Coat, Harkness's coat. Tons of goodies.
Oh yeah. I go there just to look and squeal all the time I'm going to buy myself something as a birthday present.
Old 2012-06-21, 10:33   Link #80
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Some sad news. Caroline John who played as Liz Shaw has passed away.

Doctor Who actress Caroline John dies aged 71

Tags
science fiction