AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-04, 10:16   Link #1921
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
If the female characters of Clannad have not-so oversized eyes
THAT'S WHAT MAKES THEM SO MOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEE!!

Quote:
Did you run into those bad shows expecting them to be good, or are you just grumbling about shows you never liked to begin with?
Almost all of my disliked anime are 1. anime I used to like or 2. major let-down adaptions of good manga.

I USED to like DBZ. I USED to like Naruto. I USED to like Chobits. I USED to like Cowboy Bebop *Chiibi is slaughtered by male otaku* ( DON'T MISUNDERSTAND! I respect CB a lot and note it's of high quality in every possible way! I just don't have any passion for it in terms of 'taste'. I guess it's not 'anime-ish' enough for me. XD)

All these "used-tos" changed into what they did because something in the same genre with similar premises came along that I preferred and I'd end up comparing them. I compared DBZ to Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto to Flame of Recca (manga please), Chobits to DearS/My Dear Marie/Saber Marionette J, and Bebop to Outlaw Star. And it was like 'hmmm these series are alike but they do these themes better...so, no point in liking the former".

I dislike Mamotte Lollipop and Kamichama Karin's anime because I had high expectations from the manga, sadly. But it was also as if the studios put NO effort into making them. KKC's anime failed to capture the atmosphere and emotional, touching parts of its lovely manga and ML's anime failed at....well, EVERYTHING. XD (including DIALOGUE.) Wow. Seriously, how do you fail at creating dialogue?

Actually, the manga for ML itself is at best 'mediocre'. And SHOCKING! If you take a mediocre, cliche shoujo manga, and turn it into an anime without putting even HALF-assed energy into it, guess what?
It ends up SUCKING!
Who could've seen THAT coming?!

Quote:
Not all shows are blatantly bad, most of them just pretend to be mediocre (the kind usually watched just to pass time) and it took a while until their disgusting, rotting stench reached the audience.
Tis amazing how true this is. This happened with me and Shinshi Doumei Cross. I loved the artwork (dude it's Arina-f*cking Tanemura yo), I was caught up in the action and NEEDED to see what was going to happen but after it ended I was like "meh...." and then after re-reading it, I was like "You know what? This is her worst work by far".
Old 2012-05-04, 10:32   Link #1922
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
If the female characters of Clannad have not-so oversized eyes and have more than distinguishable traits to begin with, then people won't complain it much.
I acknowledge that the biggest problem of Clannad girls, in the point of view of a casual or a more cynical viewer, is that they felt like a checklist of moé traits. I wouldn't watch it if not for Tomoya's development and a few girls I truly liked tho. But to those mentioned viewers, this is truly a cockblock. Like you know, garlic to vampires, or the content of the Ark of Covenant to the nazis in the first Indiana Jones movie. They MAY MELT IF THEY SIT THROUGH CLANNAD!
Old 2012-05-04, 10:57   Link #1923
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
After watching anime for some time, you get quite good at judging an anime by it's cover (and review sites and other viewers opinions and screenshots... ).
That's the point. Basically I can feel that I would not enjoy it.
I'll add to this the fact that I just remembered how Clannad main heroine is quite similar to that girl in Kanon that popped out of nowhere at some point breaking the bank. That doesn't help either.
And for me it is not a problem of chara design obviously, I mean, I watched Kanon to the end. Cross game is one of my favorites even if I find that old school style ugly really unappealing.
So, just to clarify, I don 't hate Clannad, it's more like I'm bit displeased by the fact that I can't enjoy a series that everybody find so good

Triple_R: Ga-rei zero is on my future watch list. But looking at this season an the next probably it will be on hold for a while.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-05-04, 12:16   Link #1924
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I acknowledge that the biggest problem of Clannad girls, in the point of view of a casual or a more cynical viewer, is that they felt like a checklist of moé traits. I wouldn't watch it if not for Tomoya's development and a few girls I truly liked tho. But to those mentioned viewers, this is truly a cockblock. Like you know, garlic to vampires, or the content of the Ark of Covenant to the nazis in the first Indiana Jones movie. They MAY MELT IF THEY SIT THROUGH CLANNAD!
Why you no love Moe?
Old 2012-05-04, 12:19   Link #1925
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xezexal View Post
Why you no love Moe?
My Touhou image fodder and figurines collection are telling you otherwise.
Old 2012-05-04, 12:43   Link #1926
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Not to mention his Nymph siggy. XD She's very moe! I bought a tiny mascot of her for my cellphone. Even though I haven't seen her anime yet. She's that cute!
Old 2012-05-04, 14:57   Link #1927
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
I guess I was replying to the one person then. Sorry.
Old 2012-05-07, 18:41   Link #1928
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Latest addition: Mirai Nikki!

No need to explain it but all other Mirai Nikki fans and haters may understand why I hated it.
Old 2012-05-12, 18:42   Link #1929
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

I'm going to get lynched for this, but I do not wish to lie so I'll be clear about it.

K-On! - As a SoL anime, it was okay, and fairly entertaining. I managed to finish it, but what follows after is a different matter. The second season was just difficult to watch. I picked it up since I was expecting some decent music, but it was disappointing too in that regard. It seems cute girls doing cute things most of the time doesn't keep me entertain that long...

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-05-12 at 20:17.
Old 2012-06-16, 09:03   Link #1930
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Unfortunately, the Tatami Galaxy has to be added to my list. I hate narration with a passion and the entire show was told in that style constantly.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-08-27, 09:36   Link #1931
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Another latest addition: Angel Beats

Maybe I'm too early to say this but I just don't see what makes it great as most people said. I think most people who loved it were fooled by its "rebellion against God and His angels" theme.
Old 2012-08-27, 11:47   Link #1932
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
I'm going to get lynched for this, but I do not wish to lie so I'll be clear about it.

K-On! - As a SoL anime, it was okay, and fairly entertaining. I managed to finish it, but what follows after is a different matter. The second season was just difficult to watch. I picked it up since I was expecting some decent music, but it was disappointing too in that regard. It seems cute girls doing cute things most of the time doesn't keep me entertain that long...
It's gonna take more than that to get lynched For me, the second season was about light and fluffy stuff happening. It's got good music scattered throughout, but to hear it, its an endurance match. I think of K-On! as suited for people who are crazy busy: in that case, it acts as a light-hearted form of entertainment that alleviates some of that stress. Trust me: after spending weeks debugging a new data model or trying to synthesize organic compounds, watching K-On! does lift the spirits

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post

Maybe I'm too early to say this but I just don't see what makes it great as most people said. I think most people who loved it were fooled by its "rebellion against God and His angels" theme.
My beef with Angel Beats! is only that it was too short. I never really got the rebellion vibes as much as I did the 'coming to terms with life and death' vibes.
Old 2012-08-27, 16:28   Link #1933
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
The Tatami Galaxy. It should have ended sooner than it did and didn't have much to show for the time it had. Overall a crushingly disappointing experience.
Spoiler for Rant:
GANBARIMASU
Old 2012-08-27, 20:20   Link #1934
lordkas

One piece its overrated (and nope I dont like nardo or bleach either)
Old 2012-08-27, 20:23   Link #1935
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

I'd say Clannad and Naruto.
Old 2012-08-27, 20:40   Link #1936
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
If the female characters of Clannad have not-so oversized eyes and have more than distinguishable traits to begin with, then people won't complain it much.
Clannad is famous... one of the reasons are the eyes... Like the saying goes...

"Your eyes are the windows to your soul"

..that's why emotions are easily felt by Clannad fans like myself..
Old 2012-08-27, 20:56   Link #1937
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Dang, those windows aren't very effective at keeping stuff out then.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-08-28, 02:00   Link #1938
Sky Knight
Darkness Is In All Of Us

An anime I disliked was Naruto Dx FLCL and CowBoy BePop O_O Everyone would just sit and talk about the these animes I disliked, it gave me headaches To me they were just boring, so boring they'd give me headaches...
Old 2012-08-28, 12:04   Link #1939
AnimeRat
Wannabe Tsundare

Shuffle – Here comes my attempt to describe my feelings:

Imagine this situation:

You are living your life in the perfect romantic harem anime as the lead character. Your harem got everything you could ever ask for. Then suddenly after year in perfection you discover that every member in your harem is actually a cross dresser and they all turn out to be the same gender as you. Then you notice that you and one of them have a engagement ring on your finger and the marriage ceremony is hold tomorrow.

That is just the same kind of feeling I got after finishing Shuffle. Nice, ehh

Proud Member of Whitebeard Pirates
Old 2012-08-28, 14:45   Link #1940
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post

Angel Beats was... decent at best. It had some pretty emotional moments, the music and animation was nice, and some of the concepts in it were pretty interesting but... it was just way, way too short to actually realize most of the potential it had. There were far too many characters that I couldn't care less about because the show never bothered developing them in the slightest, and even for the characters that did get developed, several of them had their character-arcs resolved far too quickly, and then there was the issue of the plot changing focus roughly every other episode... While I don't hate it, I will admit that I find it kind of annoying how so many people talk about it as if it were the greatest animated masterpiece of the last decade or something. It's not. Actually I'd say that even compared just to Key's other works, it's pretty weak.