Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-06, 12:56   Link #161
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Ah man. I skipped to the last page, read this, and honestly thought at first it was going to be a Hyouka spinoff. brb off to go cry for a few hours.

(j/k Triple, we're still nakamas)
lol!

As for these character designs... Granted that they're certainly not for everyone, but if this show veers in a more lighthearted direction (like K-On! itself), I think they're fitting designs at least.
Old 2012-12-06, 13:54   Link #162
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I'm ready for Fun things are Fun: Now with more Mochi. ^_^
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well that just plummeted all my expectations. Next.
Not even gonna give it a chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Are those designs their signature move now?

I guess it's more cost effective to have these designs and then save it for fluid animation so we can all pretend it looks aesthetically pleasing. That being said, outside of Haruhi, I've noticed it's quite hard to take nice individual screenshots of their anime as it simply doesn't look good out of motion TO ME.
Fify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
lol!

As for these character designs... Granted that they're certainly not for everyone, but if this show veers in a more lighthearted direction (like K-On! itself), I think they're fitting designs at least.
I think they are also fine, but then again I like K-On type stuff, so I'm prolly a little more biased in this regard.

That being said, sometimes "simple" designs can work well in the way it is presented. Give it a chance, I say. Maybe some folks will be pleasantly surprised?
Old 2012-12-06, 14:14   Link #163
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
As an extension off of what papermario13689 wrote...

It's nice to see a K-On/Hyouka collaborative effort starring Eru Chitanda in the lead role, joined by her best friends Ritsu and Yui.

Also nice to see Ritsu once again play the the genki girl harboring secret yuri feelings for her best friend.
What? I don't see Ritsu's seiyuu on the cast list.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 14:53   Link #164
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
What? I don't see Ritsu's seiyuu on the cast list.
Midori's character design makes me think of Ritsu's character design. It's not a seiyu joke.
Old 2012-12-06, 16:31   Link #165
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I guess she is the type. Kanna is like a younger version of Yui, and Tamako is a much cutier version of Azusa.

Midori reminds of that little girl from Tamayua Hitotose that likes Potte's little brother.

I hope we see the male character soon.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 18:02   Link #166
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Fify.
Oh, let's not go there with the "your opinion" stuff. It's always my opinion no matter how silly it is.

I'll be honest; I haven't given any Kyoani production a fair chance since Clannad After Story, but dreams are made with original series. I thought Tari Tari wouldn't amount to much based on the preliminary info, but it proved otherwise.

Of course, there is no source to blame, so they will only have themselves to make sure it works.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 18:08   Link #167
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Oh, let's not go there with the "your opinion" stuff. It's always my opinion no matter how silly it is.

I'll be honest; I haven't given any Kyoani production a fair chance since Clannad After Story, but dreams are made with original series. I thought Tari Tari wouldn't amount to much based on the preliminary info, but it proved otherwise.

Of course, there is no source to blame, so they will only have themselves to make sure it works.
I'm just harassing you like normal is all - don't mind me.

But yes - I am reminded a little of Tari Tari before it's release, and remember how many were pleasantly surprised by the series. Not earth-shattering or ground-breaking, but quite a decent work that many felt worth following.
Old 2012-12-07, 07:29   Link #168
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

First look at the guy.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tamako has a little sister. She looks adorable.
Old 2012-12-07, 07:45   Link #169
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Additional character designs:

(L-R)
Shiori Asagiri (voiced by Yurie Yamashita)
Tamako's classmate and fellow badminton club member. This beauty with the classes has a cool and diligent personality

Ooji Mochizou (voiced by Atsushi Tamaru)
Tamako's classmate and childhood friend. He's the son of the mochi shopkeeper across the street from "Tamaya," named "Oojiya." As a member of the film research society, he can properly use a camera.

Anko Kitashitakawa (voiced by Rina Hidaka)
Tamako's little sister. A fourth year in elementary school. The little sister differs from the big sister in that she's "in style." She thinks running a mochi shop is a bit outdated.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-12-09 at 12:13.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 09:33   Link #170
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I like Mochikura's design. Having another member of the school, but also a fellow club member, introduced makes me wonder if the show is going to spend more time at the school than I thought or if it's going to focus on the club. None of the promo materials place them at school though. I wonder when/if they'll introduce people outside of the school and family settings.

I'm so excited for this show!
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 11:16   Link #171
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Spoiler for Episode 1 details:

Old 2012-12-07, 11:27   Link #172
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Spoiler for Episode 1 details:
Does this mean that there's a narrator and that the story won't be told from Tamako's POV?

Edit: OH WAIT IT'S PROBABLY THE BIRD!
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 12:09   Link #173
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

A couple highlights from the Yamada/Yoshida interview in Newtype thanks to 2ch poster 2KkKMl4b:

Yoshida: Tamako is very active in the shopping district and towards mochi, but there's very few motion scenes from Tamako's POV in this series. If I'm pressed, the scenario is comprised of the POV from people around Tamako and their reactions to her subtle emotions. Tamako is something like a showgirl for the shopping district, or rather someone who loves her family's trade in the shopping district. I think she's a girl who's composed of a lot of "love" including the people around her. She would never refuse someone else. She's just a well-raised daughter.

Yamada: Actually, this series had much more fantasy elements built into it when we started. Things like Tamako having a special power. Everything steadily changed to what it is now with only the bird being left from that fantasy story.

Yoshida: At first the bird didn't stand out like it does now. Before we knew it, he pushed aside the protagonist to stand out. It was because we wanted a point of view from an outsider. He started off just as an introductory role for the district and the people who lived there, but he became more important. In the beginning, he spoke like bloody fool, but the supervisor wanted him to speak more nobly.

Yamada: That is because it is the bird of a royal family.

-Will the prince of the country where the bird was born appear in this story?

Yamada: Yes. This story was actually about Tamako and the Prince at the beginning. When I heard about the new project, I asked if we could move the setting from Kyoto to a "Rome" vacation-like place.

Yoshida: When I first received the story, the love story between the two was still the main focus.

Yamada: Eventually, it went in a extremely different direction.

Yoshida: This is a one-cour series, so just doing a love story would be difficult. I thought it would be better organized with having a long-awaited shopping district as the setting. I converted it towards an adolescent plus kindness type direction.

-And will love be a factor?

Yamada: What do you mean? Someone liking someone? (laughs) I think this series feels like a story about gathering everyone's "love" and building kindness and affection. It's a work wrapped in affection rather than passion. By the way, the story starts at the busiest time of the year for the mochi shop: near New Years Eve.

Old 2012-12-07, 12:16   Link #174
Midonin
Last Engage

Ah, sounds like romance will be secondary to more K-ON! esque themes. I can work with this much more.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 12:19   Link #175
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It sounds like it will not be a romance, after all. The slice of life/iyashikei aspect of the series takes precedence. I'm totally okay with that
Old 2012-12-07, 12:19   Link #176
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

It's really depressing to read about them removing most of the fantasy and refusing Yamada's suggestion to make the setting interesting, I gotta say.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 12:27   Link #177
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I'll of course reserve final judgement for when I actually watch the show but my impression from that interview is pretty much "so you took everything that could have interested me and threw it out the window"
Old 2012-12-07, 12:35   Link #178
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It's really depressing to read about them removing most of the fantasy and refusing Yamada's suggestion to make the setting interesting, I gotta say.
True... From the sound of it, the final product is almost nothing like he wanted it to be

The initial project seemed much more ambitious.
Old 2012-12-07, 12:40   Link #179
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Agree. I will still give this a chance but after reading the initial idea I wish they didn't make those changes.
I love mochi and it will be hard to resist the temptation of eating some while watching it
Old 2012-12-07, 12:47   Link #180
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I'll of course reserve final judgement for when I actually watch the show but my impression from that interview is pretty much "so you took everything that could have interested me and threw it out the window"
Exactly what I was thinking.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen