AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-10, 21:48   Link #81
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Yeah, that really thick one in the middle is Owari no Chronicle's final volume. It's a precursor to the world of Horizon.

I know! I'm so worked up over Volume 3! D:
Owari no Chronicle was another one that caught my attention =w= the official last book(?) in chinese is going to be released (hopefully?) soon lol, going to start reading those dictionaries =w=
Old 2012-09-10, 21:51   Link #82
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

You should read it before Horizon, then, as Horizon contains plot elements carried over from Owari no Chronicle (such as the use of concepts).

And while you read it, I'll be busy reading Vanadis up to Volume 5, Kuro no Hiera Glaphicos up to Volume 3, and Thousand to Aegis up to Volume 8! These might be a lot, but at least they're no dictionaries, haha.

I am so stoked up for Volume 3. OTL
Old 2012-09-10, 21:53   Link #83
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
You should read it before Horizon, then, as Horizon contains plot elements carried over from Owari no Chronicle (such as the use of concepts).

And while you read it, I'll be busy reading Vanadis up to Volume 5, Kuro no Hiera Glaphicos up to Volume 3, and Thousand to Aegis up to Volume 8! These might be a lot, but at least they're no dictionaries, haha.

I am so stoked up for Volume 3. OTL
Lol hope you're not disappointed in vol 3 XD, horizon still at vol 3 translated for me =w= going to take a while for those dictionaries lol....didn't it hold the record for the biggest light novel or something? with like 1k+ pages lol....3x the size of other light novels.... btw you sure read a lot XD

Edit - Roland is probably one of the most "righteous" character I seen, one who follow the order for his country~
Old 2012-09-11, 15:50   Link #84
blackwhite67
Banned

Can someone fill me in here? Who is Roland and how did he die? Did Tigre get his sword?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 16:36   Link #85
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

^Spoiler tags
Old 2012-09-11, 16:41   Link #86
whsie

Definitely. Spoiler tags. It's supposed to be a genuine surprise in the story.

And no, the sword does not switch hands for those who can understand.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 17:40   Link #87
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Can someone fill me in here? Who is Roland and how did he die? Did Tigre get his sword?
Spoiler for LN:
Old 2012-09-11, 21:58   Link #88
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Finally! After that awesome Eleonora-Lyudmila fight, I'm on to Volume 3. And already it starts off with one hell of an attempted intrusion into Brune's territory by Sachstein.

Roland, you are just too STRONG.
Old 2012-09-11, 23:03   Link #89
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Finally! After that awesome Eleonora-Lyudmila fight, I'm on to Volume 3. And already it starts off with one hell of an attempted intrusion into Brune's territory by Sachstein.

Roland, you are just too STRONG.
Spoiler for LN:

Vol 4 is almost done, and vol 5 started being translated
Old 2012-09-11, 23:09   Link #90
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Spoiler for LN:

That's good for you!

Man, I already hate Duke Tenaldie with a burning passion...the opening bit made me hate him so much more. Using Roland to get rid of Tigre? JKHAFLAJHFLAJHFDDSFSDF
Old 2012-09-11, 23:21   Link #91
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
That's good for you!

Man, I already hate Duke Tenaldie with a burning passion...the opening bit made me hate him so much more. Using Roland to get rid of Tigre? JKHAFLAJHFLAJHFDDSFSDF
You'll hate him even more if I remember correctly at the end of the book
Old 2012-09-12, 07:06   Link #92
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

So the reason why Volume 5 had illustrations done by the manga artist was because Yoshi☆wo was sick? ;_;
Old 2012-09-12, 10:16   Link #93
Rin Listviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Spoiler for LN:

where did you read the translated one??
Rin Listviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 10:53   Link #94
zzhk
Summary Machine

He's talking about Chinese versions.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 13:21   Link #95
willx
Nyaaan~~

Oh man, Florza's halfway done Chapter 1 and no one else has popped in to express interest in translating this yet! Oh dear!

I can't wait, we're almost at the first scene where you realize how awesome Tigul really is. Man, I love this series so much! The more serious tone and less of a focus on "moe" and relationships (although it's still there..) reminds me a lot of Mahouka.. which is why I love both of them so much I guess?
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 14:28   Link #96
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I wonder if some scanlation team has picked up this series. It has manga version, which now reach vol. 2 of LN already.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 17:39   Link #97
Belgaesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Oh man, Florza's halfway done Chapter 1 and no one else has popped in to express interest in translating this yet! Oh dear!
Yeah, we have to thank Florza for doing the Teaser, maybe this will bring more attention to this awesome series.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 21:12   Link #98
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin Listviel View Post
where did you read the translated one??
Yup like zzhk said I read this in chinese, hope someone will translate it in english lol, my chinese isn't that good and i get confuse in the text often lol
Old 2012-09-12, 21:33   Link #99
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
Yeah, we have to thank Florza for doing the Teaser, maybe this will bring more attention to this awesome series.
Pretty much. Maybe then people will stop judging by its cover alone and stop dismissing it as just another harem series.

Personally speaking, though, I just don't like how the names are handled. Short of asking Kawaguchi Tsukasa himself what are the romaji for the character's names, it's going to be hard how to decide to handle them, but I'm certain it's not Tigul. Would be nice if MF Bunko could publish a character sheet with the romaji names to the characters for Vanadis, just like with Kawaguchi Tsukasa's other series in Ichijinsha, 千の魔剣と盾の乙女.

Can't please everyone, but at least it's hopefully getting some degree of attention.
Old 2012-09-12, 21:40   Link #100
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Pretty much. Maybe then people will stop judging by its cover alone and stop dismissing it as just another harem series.

Personally speaking, though, I just don't like how the names are handled. Short of asking Kawaguchi Tsukasa himself what are the romaji for the character's names, it's going to be hard how to decide to handle them, but I'm certain it's not Tigul. Would be nice if MF Bunko could publish a character sheet with the romaji names to the characters for Vanadis, just like with Kawaguchi Tsukasa's other series in Ichijinsha, 千の魔剣と盾の乙女.
Lol when i read it I get so confused cause of all the titles/character names and stuff == that or its just my poor chinese reading skills or the translator's poor translating skills... ya people have to stop judging a book by it's cover, I mean the bakemonogatari series have partically no insert pictures and it's actually really good. Even though I'm not really a big fan of the artwork in this series, I still quite liked this a lot

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)