AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Should Sergay sacrifice his virture to save the world?
Yes, Sleep with Nina, sacrifice himself and save the world 49 54.44%
No, refuse Nina and watch the world burn. 41 45.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-26, 22:31   Link #81
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Blah, you made it 'technical'...

Isn't what separates anime from other 'cartoons' is that you can enter a particular character and identify with them on a more personal level than say...Disney's Aladdin? It has something that other more American mainstream toons don't have - depth. It's because of the depth that anime provides with its characters that we see so many fans and 'shippers' of one or many characters from the myriad anime that is avaliable.

The producers write this stuff out so people CAN identify closely with these characters - to be sad because they're sad because their love is not requited back and you KNOW the details behind it; to be happy because they're happy since they got back the one little trinket left behind by their mother that they might have lost somewhere. You can see the emotion in the character's eyes, see it in their expressions, in their body language even (if a company has that much money to spend).

It's like a never ending psychology course that you'd have to pay hundreds for at college but it's (almost) free going the 'anime way'. Those who have to pay for college can appreciate that fact. XD

Ah crap, I didn't want to write so much in one night...well, if one wants to watch anime just to be entertained to a certain level, then go right ahead...it won't stop me from trying to rationalize and picking apart everything with my ani-microscope. ^_^ b
Old 2006-03-27, 01:30   Link #82
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Just another point...

for those people who complained that Sergay failed to take away Nina's control of the Harmonium...

I suspect he knows he merely took away Nina's ability to materalise a robe, but not her ability to use the harmonium. That's why he went straight to the harmonium to destroy it, knowing it's the lose end he needs to tie up. Unfortunately Nagi caught him.
Old 2006-03-27, 01:45   Link #83
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Just another point...

for those people who complained that Sergay failed to take away Nina's control of the Harmonium...

I suspect he knows he merely took away Nina's ability to materalise a robe, but not her ability to use the harmonium. That's why he went straight to the harmonium to destroy it, knowing it's the lose end he needs to tie up. Unfortunately Nagi caught him.
I'm having trouble seeing how a pistol could damage/destroy Rena's capsule which must be made of out a strong alloy to resist small arms fire unless it's actually glass or really fragile.
Old 2006-03-27, 01:58   Link #84
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
I'm having trouble seeing how a pistol could damage/destroy Rena's capsule which must be made of out a strong alloy to resist small arms fire unless it's actually glass or really fragile.
As usual, you can't blame him for trying. He can't exactly tell a Valkyire to help out.
Old 2006-03-27, 02:35   Link #85
Eclipze

Pardon me, but are you talking about episode 24, where Sergey went after the act with Nina?

Because Im pretty certan he was trying to destroy the "Valkarie Machine" where Rena's corpse is being held at, NOT the Harmonium.
Old 2006-03-27, 02:40   Link #86
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Pardon me, but are you talking about episode 24, where Sergey went after the act with Nina?

Because Im pretty certan he was trying to destroy the "Valkarie Machine" where Rena's corpse is being held at, NOT the Harmonium.
My mistake, then.

And it does make more sense.... The harmonium looks like it could survive a nuclear explosion with the blast-doors it has.
Old 2006-03-27, 03:09   Link #87
Retsoor

>> I'd just hate to see this topic end with pw1388's comment so...

I thought pw's comment was the perfect way to end this thread; I had a good laugh after I read that post. I still get a good chuckle when I think about it.

Anyway, am I to believe that I am really the only sick and depraved person here? I am the only one with all the moral decency of a degenerate jackrabbit?

I can see a future for them. A romantically involved one no less. He finally realized his blue star is - and ever will be - just an echo from the past. We don't really get to see what he thought about the sex, but he didn't look calculating before, nor entirely devastated after. I imagine conjuring up a half-smile after just shagging your daughter would be hard if your only motivation was to let her come to no harm, and while it's not conclusive - or much of any kind - evidence, it might be an indication that his view of her has changed.

As for Nina, we all know how she feels about their relationship. She's cast aside her daughter-image like a snake shedding its skin, standing beside him instead of one step behind.

Besides, you're all wrong when you speculate what's going on in Sergey's mind in that scene:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Retsoor; 2006-03-27 at 03:25.
Old 2006-03-27, 09:53   Link #88
Stofzuiger
Bubblewrap!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor
>> I'd just hate to see this topic end with pw1388's comment so...

I thought pw's comment was the perfect way to end this thread; I had a good laugh after I read that post. I still get a good chuckle when I think about it.

Anyway, am I to believe that I am really the only sick and depraved person here? I am the only one with all the moral decency of a degenerate jackrabbit?

I can see a future for them. A romantically involved one no less. He finally realized his blue star is - and ever will be - just an echo from the past. We don't really get to see what he thought about the sex, but he didn't look calculating before, nor entirely devastated after. I imagine conjuring up a half-smile after just shagging your daughter would be hard if your only motivation was to let her come to no harm, and while it's not conclusive - or much of any kind - evidence, it might be an indication that his view of her has changed.

As for Nina, we all know how she feels about their relationship. She's cast aside her daughter-image like a snake shedding its skin, standing beside him instead of one step behind.

Besides, you're all wrong when you speculate what's going on in Sergey's mind in that scene:

Spoiler:
Is it just me, or does no-one here seem to realise that, not only this is illegal, but it's also horribly wrong on all kinds of levels

Meh seriously, ofcourse I know it's just an animated series, but still this had a pretty high WTF factor over here.
Old 2006-03-27, 10:18   Link #89
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor
>>
Spoiler:
That was good! Laughed very hard on that one. I would say the same thing if I had sergey's luck with women....
Old 2006-03-27, 10:25   Link #90
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Is it just me, or does no-one here seem to realise that, not only this is illegal, but it's also horribly wrong on all kinds of levels
"Younger than she are happy mothers made."

So said Shakespeare. And yet no one seemed to condemn Romeo and Juliet as an evil play that condones sexual acts by those who are 13 years old. (Juliet's age)

If you don't allow Nina to have the right to give sexual consent as an adult, then she would also be not qualified to function in the military. I believe it is more wrong that Nina be allowed to kill countless nameless people off screen. Fact of the matter is, in her universe she is a legal adult with full responsibilities that entitles/demands, including those of her own actions. I am CERTAIN any country that allows 15-16 year olds to work as Generals and military advisers would also consider them adults.

By the way, I don't see people up at arms in attempting to remove Romeo and Juliet from school curriculum.

And yes, in many ways it is wrong. But then, so is assassinating Nagi's brothers so Nagi can become Grand Duke. And yet no one was up at arms about how "wrong" it was that Sergay murdered those people, when it was first mentioned early in the series. I found mass murder more repulsive than consensual sex between two non-blood relatives who are both legally adults in their country.
Old 2006-03-27, 10:36   Link #91
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

...arrr Tempest35,Vallen Chaos Valiant and eclipze..u guys explanation for sergey has all gone down hill.....

i certainly hates that to happen about sergeyxnina..most of my post about how atrocious can sergey be was out of letdown by wat sunrise had did....partially some nonesense whine about sergey
but this is all for story development and everything just happened naturally....
Old 2006-03-27, 10:49   Link #92
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendshipz
...arrr Tempest35,Vallen Chaos Valiant and eclipze..u guys explanation for sergey has all gone down hill.....

i certainly hates that to happen about sergeyxnina..most of my post about how atrocious can sergey be was out of letdown by wat sunrise had did....partially some nonesense whine about sergey
but this is all for story development and everything just happened naturally....
Down hill? I was merely refusing to repeat myself.

Fact of the matter is, Sergay didn't like what he did anymore than those people who are angry at him. I am not going to pretend he felt good about what he did, because he sure didn't. Ironicaly, Nina had no problems with it aftewards.
Old 2006-03-27, 11:21   Link #93
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendshipz
When did I ever explain anything about Sergey?
Old 2006-03-27, 11:27   Link #94
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
When did I ever explain anything about Sergey?
izzit? sorry i apologise..>_>" cos i thought is the few of u ppl who gave the
psychology thoughts for sergey
Old 2006-03-27, 11:34   Link #95
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stofzuiger

Meh seriously, ofcourse I know it's just an animated series, but still this had a pretty high WTF factor over here.
Not sure about the illegal part because as said already,

Nina is of age of consent.

It is not rape because she is offering herself to him.

She's not in school anymore either, she's a meister Otome.

Sergay's not a teacher either.

Incest? Not so sure because their not blood-related.

So I don't see how this is wrong on all levels. But then again, people seem to have some hatred against Sergay for absolutely no reason at all even before this and are using this to justify it.
Old 2006-03-27, 11:36   Link #96
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Incest? Not so sure because their not blood-related.
I think people are refering to incest by status, not incest by blood.

For the record, I dont really care.
Old 2006-03-27, 11:45   Link #97
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

If it is good enough for Woody Allen, it is good enough for Sergay
Old 2006-03-27, 20:18   Link #98
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

'Statutory Rape' comes to mind....-_-; 50/50 on it actually being a law in the Otome world - if it is, Sergay's screwed if he wakes up. Stay 'dead' man - you'll wish you were if you get hit by that law. Beocme the 'Shinso' for all the would-be Playas that come after you and all future Hounds. XD

-and-

There's a perfectly good reason why I'm getting all psychological with Sergay - if I can figure out how he thinks, I too can increase my luck with all the women in the world. Then I can write his book for him (in the event he dies). Think of all the money that would be rolling in from that...
Old 2006-03-27, 20:25   Link #99
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
'Statutory Rape' comes to mind....-_-; 50/50 on it actually being a law in the Otome world - if it is, Sergay's screwed if he wakes up. Stay 'dead' man - you'll wish you were if you get hit by that law.
No need, Nagi can charge him for treason, I'm sure sleeping with the Archduke's otome is not allowed unless the otome retired first.
Old 2006-03-27, 20:32   Link #100
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
'Statutory Rape' comes to mind....-_-; 50/50 on it actually being a law in the Otome world - if it is, Sergay's screwed if he wakes up. Stay 'dead' man - you'll wish you were if you get hit by that law. Beocme the 'Shinso' for all the would-be Playas that come after you and all future Hounds. XD
Except Nina is already age of consent. In Japan it's 13-14 I think from our last discussion.

Eitherway, Nagi was being very lenient on him, a traitor would've been executed after a betrayal like that first time.
Closed Thread