AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-05-09, 10:00   Link #1241
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
She saves a girl and treats her like a daughter, not ask her to pretend to be her daughter in the academy.
ah, that's exactly what i said
Old 2011-05-09, 13:02   Link #1242
justpassingby

Doing this while procrastinating my study for finals
Spoiler for Epilogue: Moon in the Beautiful Night:
I wonder what will Houki's reaction face be if she accidentally meets Kuu-chan and Kuu-chan equally parenthetically call her Oba-sama

I need to remind you that I'm neither English nor Japanese major. The choices and arrangement of words are arbitrarily by me. I may have cut corner (or sentence :P) in translating, but I hope the message is sent

Spoiler for My final thought:
Okay time to hit the sack :P

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-05-13 at 06:11. Reason: forgot something. I was sleepy >_> edit 2: fixed something
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 16:34   Link #1243
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
She saves a girl and treats her like a daughter, not ask her to pretend to be her daughter in the academy.
...Another girl. Will they keep pilling up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Lol, as shameful as it is for me to ask there's actually good Chinese-origin LNs? Care to PM me some and the links for them? Preferably skyfire links.
There are some new ones which will come out soon. I think that there was one which came out on May 5th...but I never checked it.
Old 2011-05-09, 21:37   Link #1244
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Japanese made first generation type IS "KureZakura"; The one that guided the first generation [Brunhilde] to her seat.
ahh, so the champion of mondo grosso is called Brunhilde and the runner up is called Valkyria?
Old 2011-05-09, 22:10   Link #1245
Ypocaramel

Thanks, but get back to studying
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 01:28   Link #1246
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
...Another girl. Will they keep pilling up?
- I'll repeat myself here--Just Houki and Charlotte alone would be good enough romantic drama for Ichika at this point, seeing that they seem to be the only two with any real hope of appealling to Ichika.

...and I swear the IS Academy is a total setup. Teachers not doing anything during major incidents, large number of Personal IS users in 1st year---wouldn't put it past most noations to use the Academy as a testing ground for major technologies. I mean, how many 'practice' combat matches has the school had, and of those matches how many were interrupted by some means or other (Golems, Terrorist attack, the Valkyrie Trace system)?

Something's afoot--and maybe I'm just giving the writer too much credit.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 02:01   Link #1247
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
...and I swear the IS Academy is a total setup. Teachers not doing anything during major incidents, large number of Personal IS users in 1st year---wouldn't put it past most noations to use the Academy as a testing ground for major technologies. I mean, how many 'practice' combat matches has the school had, and of those matches how many were interrupted by some means or other (Golems, Terrorist attack, the Valkyrie Trace system)?

strange, i thought of it as a set-up to begin with
Old 2011-05-10, 08:49   Link #1248
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

This may seem completely out of place but I'm honestly just wondering what level of Japenese is required to read IS... Learning for almost 2 years now.
Old 2011-05-10, 17:33   Link #1249
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- I'll repeat myself here--Just Houki and Charlotte alone would be good enough romantic drama for Ichika at this point, seeing that they seem to be the only two with any real hope of appealling to Ichika.

Conspiracy much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
This may seem completely out of place but I'm honestly just wondering what level of Japenese is required to read IS... Learning for almost 2 years now.
Very easy. It's the one of the only novels that I don't bother skip some lines because the vocabulary is very familiar (though I read them in Chinese). I can not say the same thing for the -monogatari series.
Old 2011-05-10, 22:01   Link #1250
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Hmmm.... 2 years should be enough as long as you already learned some basic kanji and grammar. IS is one of the easy LN to read, on par with baka to test. There's a lot of dialogue too. Why don't you give it a try? It might help with your Japanese learning too if you find some vocabulary you haven't learn ^_^
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 22:27   Link #1251
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box
strange, i thought of it as a set-up to begin with
- I haven't been into IS as long as most of you guys have. Only because of the anime, and only because of Charlotte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
Conspiracy much?
- I used to be a UFO buff in my highschool/college days (blame the X-Files)--until I realized I was disproving more theories than I could prove and got sick of it.

Still have a habit of thinking of conspiracies in TV/anime/books, but realize that in the real world, really major conspiracies can't remain secret for very long--too many people blab.
Old 2011-05-10, 22:40   Link #1252
justpassingby

^ So, are you reading the novel?
Old 2011-05-10, 22:45   Link #1253
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
^ So, are you reading the novel?
- Have read the part that Baka-Tsuki translated, wish they could translate more.

I tried reading LN's and some online stories (The Aquarian Age online stories, for example) through an auto-translator before, but they made my head hurt--I'm just too ingrained in reading proper english to be able to read word-for-word machine translations.

Hell, I still have a copy of the translated Fafner LN, and it's just a bit too disjointed for me.

Baka-Tsuki at least keeps most of the original meaning intact--not the same as a proper translation, but pretty good IMHO. I've read their Index translations, so I'm kind of sticking to them.

My knowledge of written japanese extends solely to katakana and some simple kanji, that's it. Trying to learn it, but haven't the cash to pay for a proper short course in the language.
Old 2011-05-10, 23:43   Link #1254
ZeKeR
Superbad

this is something... THE PLOT (and harem) THICKENS!
Old 2011-05-11, 00:17   Link #1255
justpassingby

If Tabane is the witch, then Houki is her besom? No need to pay any heed to this post
Old 2011-05-11, 01:31   Link #1256
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
this is something... THE PLOT (and harem) THICKENS!
PLOT!!!??? IN IS!!!??? IT CAN'T BE!!!

i'm a bit disappointed about tatenashi joining though

Quote:
- I used to be a UFO buff in my highschool/college days (blame the X-Files)--until I realized I was disproving more theories than I could prove and got sick of it.
the truth is out there man

Quote:
My knowledge of written japanese extends solely to katakana and some simple kanji, that's it. Trying to learn it, but haven't the cash to pay for a proper short course in the language.
ha! my knowledge of japanese extends to absolutely nothing! mwahahaha!!!
Old 2011-05-11, 08:23   Link #1257
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Have read the part that Baka-Tsuki translated, wish they could translate more.

I tried reading LN's and some online stories (The Aquarian Age online stories, for example) through an auto-translator before, but they made my head hurt--I'm just too ingrained in reading proper english to be able to read word-for-word machine translations.

Hell, I still have a copy of the translated Fafner LN, and it's just a bit too disjointed for me.

Baka-Tsuki at least keeps most of the original meaning intact--not the same as a proper translation, but pretty good IMHO. I've read their Index translations, so I'm kind of sticking to them.

Coax justpassingby to help us translate it faster Seriously though, Teh_Ping should be doing a fast job once he concentrate on translating this, although considering his many projects, that won't happen soon :P. As for me, 2-5 pages is the max for me since most of my day is taken for work XD and the majority of the rest is taken for lazing around :P.
Old 2011-05-11, 08:33   Link #1258
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Coax justpassingby to help us translate it faster Seriously though, Teh_Ping should be doing a fast job once he concentrate on translating this, although considering his many projects, that won't happen soon :P. As for me, 2-5 pages is the max for me since most of my day is taken for work XD and the majority of the rest is taken for lazing around :P.
novel translators are a god-send
Old 2011-05-11, 08:54   Link #1259
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
You typed as though I'm not working full-time

(Okay, given the context, yes, my status is an NSF--National Serviceman Fulltime/Failure)
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 10:32   Link #1260
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Ah yeah, you're also busy with the army XD. Forgot about that since at that age I was enjoying my life at college . At least you don't have to worry about getting fired since getting fired from the army is a good thing right?(Just joking about this, don't take this seriously )

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen