Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-08-11, 10:17   Link #61
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami
...only they are good at katon fire affinity otr smthng
It was said that it is their specialty... not that they are the only good ones at it.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 13:15   Link #62
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0
It was said that it is their specialty... not that they are the only good ones at it.
i mean not only uchiha clan can use katon, they use katon more easily and early
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 13:20   Link #63
Hyuuga Neji
Byakugan Master

Send a message via AIM to Hyuuga Neji
Quote:
i mean not only uchiha clan can use katon, they use katon more easily and early
No, it was a passage of manhood, Sasuke's father said that when you master that Katon jutsu, you're now a man in the clan.
Hyuuga Neji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 15:18   Link #64
Rurik
Golden

More easily, yes because they have affinity in fire, so it makes it easier for them to learn it. And earlier age, Could be, because is tied to fact that the have affinity for this element.
Old 2006-08-11, 15:58   Link #65
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyuuga Neji
No, it was a passage of manhood, Sasuke's father said that when you master that Katon jutsu, you're now a man in the clan.
so u r sayin that only uchiha clan can use katon right?did i understand correctly?cuz u talk pointless...no one said anything about manhood
Old 2006-08-11, 16:06   Link #66
tatami
back in black

i wrote it another page but :

if tobi is obito, shouldnt he use katon?cuz its most basic tech for uchihas and becuz they are so good at it they should use it,so another hole on the mask?
Old 2006-08-11, 23:27   Link #67
Slayerx

Quote:
i wrote it another page but :

if tobi is obito, shouldnt he use katon?cuz its most basic tech for uchihas and becuz they are so good at it they should use it,so another hole on the mask?
May have a point there...
But then again, So far it seems like Itachi doesn't use Katon (anymore), and Sasuke, though he used it often enough as a genin, may have dropped using Katon in favor of Chidori type moves... Though it might be a bit early to make those kind of calls...

Kinda saying that Obito may have dropped katon type moves for something else over the past ten years...

Still, it's a good enough point to put some more question to the obito=tobi thoery though
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 00:06   Link #68
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
But then again, So far it seems like Itachi doesn't use Katon (anymore), and Sasuke, though he used it often enough as a genin, may have dropped using Katon in favor of Chidori type moves... Though it might be a bit early to make those kind of calls...

Kinda saying that Obito may have dropped katon type moves for something else over the past ten years...

Still, it's a good enough point to put some more question to the obito=tobi thoery though

Wait what is Katon again? Is it fire jutsus? Seriously I forgot (or never knew). Anyway from what I recall Obito didn't use any jutsus other than sharingan, so Katan just may be an attack that he doesn't use. Whatever Katon is.
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 00:33   Link #69
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u
Wait what is Katon again? Is it fire jutsus? Seriously I forgot (or never knew). Anyway from what I recall Obito didn't use any jutsus other than sharingan, so Katan just may be an attack that he doesn't use. Whatever Katon is.
Ya the Katon is the uchiha Fire jutsu... And Obito did use it (Katon! Goukakyuu no jutsu to be exact), he used it once while fighting the rock ninja, right before Rin was captured
Old 2006-08-12, 02:40   Link #70
tatami
back in black

Quote:

itachi s chakra puppet used katon against kakashi,sasuke use it more...i mean it is not a low level jutsu and cant be ignored i think...not to use a tech doesnt logical...
Old 2006-08-12, 02:44   Link #71
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Ya the Katon is the uchiha Fire jutsu... And Obito did use it (Katon! Goukakyuu no jutsu to be exact), he used it once while fighting the rock ninja, right before Rin was captured
now that you mentioned it kakashi was obitos team mate and these teams are made in the nin academy,so obito is an uchiha and kakashi must know that he can use katon...so howcome kakashi suprised when sasuke used katon on the bell training,he should know uchiha clans little ones can use katon
Old 2006-08-12, 03:08   Link #72
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
now that you mentioned it kakashi was obitos team mate and these teams are made in the nin academy,so obito is an uchiha and kakashi must know that he can use katon...so howcome kakashi suprised when sasuke used katon on the bell training,he should know uchiha clans little ones can use katon
Yeah, but Obito was a chuunin Sasuke was a genin at the time. Kikashi's exact words were " genin aren't supposed to have the chakra to do fire jutsu."
Old 2006-08-12, 03:16   Link #73
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Yeah, but Obito was a chuunin Sasuke was a genin at the time. Kikashi's exact words were " genin aren't supposed to have the chakra to do fire jutsu."
Although both Sasuke and Itachi learned it when they were like 5? im sure they were special cases.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 03:40   Link #74
Slayerx

Quote:
itachi s chakra puppet used katon against kakashi,sasuke use it more...i mean it is not a low level jutsu and cant be ignored i think...not to use a tech doesnt logical...
Damn, that's another Katon i missed... i can understand how i missed Obito's being that the attack did no damage and was only on one page... But i don't see how i could have missed itachi's, i mean it was a pretty big attack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u
No i think Tatami has a definate point there... i mean, though Obito wasn't a genius and was a chunin at the time, he was about 13 years old at the time... When you look at it, his progress isn't that much slower than sasuke... had sasuke stayed in kohona he would have became a chunin after the next exam around the same time as Obito, and Sasuke obtained the sharigan only one year earlier... I mean, sure you could argue that Obito didn't learn Katon till after he became a chunin, but since Obito was using Katon at age 13, should it really be a surprise that sasuke, a genius, would use it at age 12?

Seeing genius Sasuke use Katon at age 12 should not have been surprising... Age 12/13 is probably the standard for uchiha to master katon... Now if kakashi saw Sasuke using it back when he first mastered it, at age 7, than that would have been something to be shocked about...
Old 2006-08-12, 03:52   Link #75
tatami
back in black

i mean he acted like he had never seen a katon from a young uchiha...to think that thaey are team feom the academy,kakashi must already seen obito's katon earlier then the missions i think...
Old 2006-08-12, 08:59   Link #76
Usuratonkachi
An Idiot

Following the points made about Sasuke and Obito and when they mastered the Katon Goukakyuu no jutsu, it made me remember something I've been wondering about for a little while.

Obito admits that he was a Uchiha drop-out, and when lined up against Kakashi, it would definitely look like he's pretty weak. But although Obito was considered weak, that was during the war times. If he were to be placed in the peaceful times of Konoha during the Naruto series, would he really be seen as weak?

At 13 he was a Chuunin, like most of the Rookie 9 (presumably, since it was during the time skip). He had enough chakra control to walk easily over water. His Goukakyuu was nothing small: he burned down several bamboo trunks that were falling down on them. The Sharingan was activated with two tails a year after Sasuke's.

Judging from that, maybe Obito wasn't all that weak. But anyways, this is a Tobi thread...My bad.
Usuratonkachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 09:09   Link #77
ri0

Quote:
i mean he acted like he had never seen a katon from a young uchiha...to think that thaey are team feom the academy,kakashi must already seen obito's katon earlier then the missions i think...
Obito was loser... maybe he couldn't do it at that time.
Old 2006-08-12, 14:00   Link #78
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0
Obito was loser... maybe he couldn't do it at that time.
Again, Obito was able to use Katon jutsus by the age of 13... Kakashi saw Sasuke use it when he was 12... There can't be very much difference between a seeing katon used by a 13 year old loser and a 12 year old genius
Old 2006-08-12, 15:29   Link #79
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Again, Obito was able to use Katon jutsus by the age of 13... Kakashi saw Sasuke use it when he was 12... There can't be very much difference between a seeing katon used by a 13 year old loser and a 12 year old genius

Yeah, but look at all the progress they made in one year. I think Kikashi's opinion was stemming from the fact that he (Sasuke) was inexperienced rather than being 12 years old.
Old 2006-08-12, 19:31   Link #80
ri0

Quote:
Let's just compare it to the progress of the noisiest, dumbest and most untalented ninja in the series -.-
There was also some time between those two events so why should he be like: "oh a Genin uses Katon... okidok".