Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-14, 14:30   Link #201
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
That's what I was hoping for the last issue!!!! So I'm not getting my hopes up again.
Old 2008-11-14, 14:31   Link #202
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
That's what I was hoping for the last issue!!!! So I'm not getting my hopes up again.
Well, last issue didn't set-up for it as well as this one did.
Old 2008-11-14, 14:38   Link #203
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Alright, but if you build my hopes up and drop them, you're the first warm body I reach for with PLIERS!
Old 2008-11-14, 14:41   Link #204
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
Alright, but if you build my hopes up and drop them, you're the first warm body I reach for with PLIERS!
Not again...

But this time, I have the ultimate defence: ONAR, INVINCIBLE!!
Moving on...
Up until that love sickness part, I was honestly thinking Margaret would join the crew.... Now I have my doubts once more.
Old 2008-11-14, 14:44   Link #205
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Not again...

But this time, I have the ultimate defence: ONAR, INVINCIBLE!!
Moving on...
Up until that love sickness part, I was honestly thinking Margaret would join the crew.... Now I have my doubts once more.
Eh, Margaret fans will get their breif glimpse of light as it's obvious a good bulk of the Kuja Warriors are bound to follow their queen if she's commited to something this dangerous. Margaret will most likely be among them, just her face as Luffy was freaking out about Ace was enough to signify that.

It's like Vivi, only with an entire team of temporaries...
Old 2008-11-14, 14:54   Link #206
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
I am still leaning towards the disease allowing her to fall for Luffy though. All of a sudden, AFTER the pain in her chest, she falls for Luffy?
Yeah, it's the disease that did it.

I'm kind of (and by "kind of", I mean strongly) hoping that turns out to be the case myself, but Nyon's line about Luffy "shifting an immovable mountain" strongly implies otherwise. But maybe, just maybe, there's that chance that it will turn out the disease caused Hancock to fall in love with Luffy, not the other way around....
Old 2008-11-14, 15:37   Link #207
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm kind of (and by "kind of", I mean strongly) hoping that turns out to be the case myself, but Nyon's line about Luffy "shifting an immovable mountain" strongly implies otherwise. But maybe, just maybe, there's that chance that it will turn out the disease caused Hancock to fall in love with Luffy, not the other way around....
Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case. The disease itself is the "love." I mean look at:

Boa has a completely different disease, of which no one knows the cause nor the cure.
When the Elder mentions "Tomorrow morning," Boa is in deeper anguish. Why? Because Luffy will be leaving tomorrow morning. The chest "pains" are obviously related to her being "love sick." Also, when she's standing before Luffy, she's no longer in pain, but rather happy. So far, the evidence points that Boa has simply fallen in love, and the disease is in fact nothing but that.

The questionable thing, however, is that two other empresses have died, and Nyon herself fled the island in order to escape the fatality of the disease. My guess is that Nyon fled the island with the man she loved since the empress would not be allowed to marry a man, or at least marry him and keep him on the island. The other two, conflicted with their love of a man as well as their position as empress fell into depression and died of anything related to depression (suicide, losing the will to live, mental illness..).
Old 2008-11-14, 16:00   Link #208
TrueKnight

Holy....shit.

After more than 10 years.... finally a romance? I'm speechless. I'm excited and all but dang Oda you just broke your own words saying that there won't be actual romance in One Piece. I'm sorta a happy fanboy right now.
Old 2008-11-14, 16:01   Link #209
Tommy
Mr. Prince

OMG! Hebihime actually fell in love with Luffy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Holy....shit.

After more than 10 years.... finally a romance? I'm speechless. I'm excited and all but dang Oda you just broke your own words saying that there won't be actual romance in One Piece. I'm sorta a happy fanboy right now.
Well there isn't any romance yet, it might just turn out to be that she's a female version of Sanji and Luffy will end up ignoring her like Nami does to Sanji.
Old 2008-11-14, 16:11   Link #210
TrueKnight

So basically, maybe, the future pirate king is getting paired up with the hottest girl in the globe. Kinda make sense if you ask me. I'm a Luffy x Vivi shipper, but then again.... seeing how Luffy sorta "conquered" Boa, which is probably the deadliest female in the OP world, suddenly made me a Luffy x Boa shipper. I wonder what kind of reaction from SH gang if they finds out....
Old 2008-11-14, 16:18   Link #211
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So... are you trying to say that she is delusional?
Old 2008-11-14, 16:20   Link #212
Sethi
StormRider

This Chapter was very nice.

That amazon making bussiness out of Luffy and then Luffy receiving Elder Nyon announcements was funny as hell. their talk was one shock after another, Luffy being shocked at the news of Boa being a Shichibukai and then of her almost losing her rank and finally of Ace being executed, and Nyon shocked that Ace is Luffy's Brother and knowing nothing about current events.
It was also funny the faces Nyon and the 2 sisters did after the interaction between Luffy and Hancock, the sisters asking Hancock to petrify Luffy but she quickly agrees doing what Luffy wants, their expression was like 'SHE AGREED?? Hancock AGREED?? THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE'.

In regards to Boa ilness it seems its actually caused by her love and not the other way around, to me it looks like the ilness consists on the fact that she can't be separated from Luffy, in one of the panels when Boa is in bed Nyon tells her 'tomorrow morning'(Which is when Luffy leaves) and Boa instantly feels pain despite Luffy being close, but the second Nyon tells her that Luffy is in the room to see her she quickly stands up to go to him, so i think she will still be well even if she isn't close to Luffy as long as she knows he will be there for her soon.

Regarding Boa status as a possible nakama i do believe it's a better chance out of everyone else on Kuja, counting her sad past and now her help to Luffy which if ending on Luffy rescuing Ace out of Impel Down and WG discovering it was Boa that helped him it could lead to her being removed as a Shichibukai, and also because it appears to me that Boa is unhappy as being Empress of Kuja, she herself says she can't low her guard anymore to her amazons out of fear and tends to act as a complete Ice Queen, and then the fact that she appears to be herself with Luffy with even Nyon remarking he was the only one to 'Move the mountain' with all this i do believe it's a definite possibility. However it's still early for being certain one way or the other, Luffy stills need more interaction with Boa but most of all Boa also needs at least a little interaction with the rest of the straw hats before joining, despite me being almost certain Luffy would invite anyone to join if he found him/her interesting i don't think Boa would simply sail with people she never met especially after her past as a slave, also when a new crewmate comes in all the existing ones are present to witness it.

As my personal opinion i would think her a good addition to the crew, because of the interactions and fighting power she would bring to the crew as an ex-shichibukai but also due to her appearance and personality, i am mostly anticipating her first meeting with Brooke, Brooke asking for her panties, and Boa turning him into a skeleton statue.

Now as for the people that says her ability is overpowered i don't think so. I think she's the same as Robin on the aspect that both of them have abilities that completely dominates the weaker ones, Robin can simply grow arms on the enemies and twist their necks or use Clutch, and Boa turns them all into stone which doesn't appear to be permanent in any case. But against the strong ones both of their powers are not that absolute, we already saw that Momonga was able to stop her attack by concentrating on his pain and Luffy with his indifference, others can also do the same thing or find new ways such as Haki to rend it moot, besides i find it difficult to believe that Boa a Shichibukai with the 'Haoushoku' who is Empress Of Kuja where they always crown the strongest doesn't use any type of fighting abilities?? Remember that the amazons care only for strength and find beauty in it, to them the snake sisters are also beautiful which means that Boa add to prove her strength to rule and be worshiped as she is now. I'm expecting some Haki based attacks and DF Variations from her in any upcoming fight we see of her.

Now what i'm dying to see is how they'll invade Impel Down, i would also like to see it done stealthy but with Luffy on the equation i really doubt it.
Old 2008-11-14, 17:09   Link #213
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
The Royal Shchibukai should be enough to handle WB and co imo.
Definitely not. I do NOT see Whitebeard having 12 divisions, with, of course, 12 division commanders, losing to the Shichibukai, when I imagine that the first seven division commanders are as strong as captain level pirates, in their own rights. Certainly Jozu, and Marco, and Ace are formidable. Ace was only defeated because he faced someone who could nullify his powers. No one else can do that.

Plus, apart from the division commanders, I imagine that those in the first four or so divisions are strong, apart from the division commanders, and can proably handle themselves well enough against people of AT LEAST Buggy's level.

And then Last but not least, there's Whitebeard himself. It's relatively obvious that Whitebeard would be using Haki. And it would be BEASTLY STRONG. He'll pretty much dismiss over half the crews of the Shichibukai, and the marines on the warships at once, and therefore, halve their power in a flash.

DO NOT underestimate the Whitebeard...

World G-Unit, and the Admirals, and Sengoku are REALLY strong, but they are so afraid to come around Whiteboy's clip...why do you think that is? Wanksta got game...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-11-14, 17:31   Link #214
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
Ace was only defeated because he faced someone who could nullify his powers. No one else can do that.
I could bring up the subject of seastone, but I'm pretty sure it's been established that the rock itself is pretty rare...
Plus, now that I've had time to think, you'd have to able to touch Ace to use it and the only reason BlackBeard had that opportunity was due to his gravity powers.

Still, just pointing out a fact; you need not be Marshall D. Teach to nullify Akumi no Mi.
Old 2008-11-14, 17:40   Link #215
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Well regardless of that, you know Ace's powers will be nullified for his execution. Have they decided a way of execution yet? Hanging? Or spears through the torso like Gol D. Roger?
Old 2008-11-14, 17:52   Link #216
noktown

I'm a bit confused :

On one hand,noone is in so much pain(well it looked like she was in a real pain),when he/she is in love,and then she is getting cured when she sees Luffy,so the disease could b falling in love with luffy..

On the other hand,why didn't Nyon have a clue about it ?She was rather surprised,and only Boa's sisters assumed that it's a love sickness while Nyon said "like they say on the east Love is Like a Hurricane"

So most likely it is the 2nd option though,Boa prolly never experienced love before,so that could be the reason she was in sort of a pain,who knows...
But i really hope that it won't turn out to be some kind of a romance,it would be cool if she joins the crew and will react to Luffy like sanji reacts whenever he sees a beautifull girl,like you know,this kind of a character from a female side would be cool

Like when Sanji sees her he totally falls in love with her,but she completely ignores him,but when Luffy shows up she is like in heaven ;d

But i will never believe that there will be some real deep romance,the only thing i can believe happening is after(whether luffy becomes pirate king or not)the story ends there will be something like "5 years later" and then some pairings,luffy x boa,sanji x nami (just an example),zoro x robin,usopp x that girl(On the island where he lived),chopper x some toy he found in a shop xd,franky x noone(he is a cyborg):/,same goes to brooke unless he finds out a way to recover his body.(then it will be Brooke x that dolphin,nah jk ;d)

Edit*

Don't get me wrong i like romance animes,but One Piece is different,i just don't want One Piece to turn into 2 sided story,because if it is going to be Boa x Luffy romance,when it is action time and the plot will move towards luffy becoming a pirate king people would want to know more about Luffy x Boa relationship,when it is a Romance time,people would want more action,but as we know Oda does not like spending time on romances,so if he does something like that,he will prolly regret that in the future.
Old 2008-11-14, 17:53   Link #217
james0246

...And here I thought that Love is a Battlefield...
Old 2008-11-14, 17:57   Link #218
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I'm a bit confused :

On one hand,noone is in so much pain(well it looked like she was in a real pain),when he/she is in love,and then she is getting cured when she sees Luffy,so the disease could b falling in love with luffy..

On the other hand,why didn't Nyon have a clue about it ?She was rather surprised,and only Boa's sisters assumed that it's a love sickness while Nyon said "like they say on the east Love is Like a Hurricane"
Or maybe she really is sick and just being delusional...

It could have something to do with Haki as well, but I'd rather not try to explain as bad thoughts are starting to corrupt my mind at the notion.
Old 2008-11-14, 18:04   Link #219
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by usopsama View Post

>_____________>
Dude that translation is so off. Or did she really say that? The one I read she said "Then I...will go wherever you may wish."
Old 2008-11-14, 18:13   Link #220
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Dude that translation is so off. Or did she really say that? The one I read she said "Then I...will go wherever you may wish."
That's done on purpose, it's just a joke.
Closed Thread